NHL Center ice Linked with NHL.tv

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ

Hi all, I don't know when this started, but this is the first time I ever saw this.

I have been a NHL Center ice subscriber since 2002. For the last handful of years, I had to pay both for Center ice and at the time Game center live. which sucked having to pay for the same thing. Now it's NHL.tv and I knew the people who ran MLB.tv would run NHL.tv so was hoping they would link tv with online like baseball does.

I have Verizon Fios now, it will be my first year with Center ice on Fios, as of now they aren't taking orders. I imagine they will take orders next week when baseball ends.

With me being on the road , it will aid me in watching the Flyers as I Truck the country.

How many of you have either service, does it work well for you? Finally the Flyers won't be blacked out for me I hope I can get the NBCSP feed vs the oppenents.

Also on a side note on Dec 23, the hurricanes will Wear the Whalers jersey yessssss

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Lou, if you really do get NHL.tv/Gamecenter, you will be able to watch the Philly NBCSP feed for every game except the ones on NBC (the national one with the Gargantuan Human Penis, Doc, Milbury, etc.) I am probably going to get Center Ice for the first time this year, so it will be cool if NHL.tv is included so I can see how it works with the terrible internet out here.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Lou, if you really do get NHL.tv/Gamecenter, you will be able to watch the Philly NBCSP feed for every game except the ones on NBC (the national one with the Gargantuan Human Penis, Doc, Milbury, etc.) I am probably going to get Center Ice for the first time this year, so it will be cool if NHL.tv is included so I can see how it works with the terrible internet out here.

Well make sure you do it first week, so you get early bird special.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
I watch my own feed and that called mute.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
NHL.tv is disappointing. After using it for 4 years, I won't be subscribing this season

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I'd get so many blackouts from being in the MSG area that it wouldn't be worth it all season. Four freaking hockey teams on one station...

Shakey Graves

Jun 10, 2019
South Jersey

Hi all, I don't know when this started, but this is the first time I ever saw this.

I have been a NHL Center ice subscriber since 2002. For the last handful of years, I had to pay both for Center ice and at the time Game center live. which sucked having to pay for the same thing. Now it's NHL.tv and I knew the people who ran MLB.tv would run NHL.tv so was hoping they would link tv with online like baseball does.

I have Verizon Fios now, it will be my first year with Center ice on Fios, as of now they aren't taking orders. I imagine they will take orders next week when baseball ends.

With me being on the road , it will aid me in watching the Flyers as I Truck the country.

How many of you have either service, does it work well for you? Finally the Flyers won't be blacked out for me I hope I can get the NBCSP feed vs the oppenents.

Also on a side note on Dec 23, the hurricanes will Wear the Whalers jersey yessssss

Almost every year you can pull off a deal on the GCL/NHLTV membership. Go check slickdeals.net, but if i remember correctly all you have to do is change your IP address location to appear in Romania. Then when you reload the NHL page it changes the price alot. You can use a VPN or even a browser VPN add on to change your IP address location.

Regardless, as a Flyers fan I thought that NHLTV/GCL was a complete joke. I was never happy with it and regretted buying it. Ever since Comcast bought NBC, almost every single game home or away will be blacked out. Mind you, you could again use a VPN to make you an out of market area like China, Ireland, Romania, whatever and then reload the stream, but its super annoying because I had to do it like 99% of the time. Plus, F Comcast

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Looks like Xfinity doesn’t even offer that NHL.tv bonus.

It doesn’t show up under the “Cable Providers” when I looked to see if I could do it.

Well Fios doesn't advertise it either.

Give it a try.

Go on nhl.com

Put the mouse over the nhl.tv tab

A drop menu will appear

Nhl.tv with center ice

See if comcast is on the list.

If so then you will be able to link it.

However it won't link for me till oct 2.

Also make sure the channels are active. If not linking won't work and you will have to do it manually by calling in and sending a copy of bill showing you ordered it.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Well Fios doesn't advertise it either.

Give it a try.

Go on nhl.com

Put the mouse over the nhl.tv tab

A drop menu will appear

Nhl.tv with center ice

See if comcast is on the list.

If so then you will be able to link it.

However it won't link for me till oct 2.

Also make sure the channels are active. If not linking won't work and you will have to do it manually by calling in and sending a copy of bill showing you ordered it.

They’re not on the list. I looked earlier.

If Xfinity offered both, I’d get Center Ice but if they’re not going to do that like every other provider I’ll just sit it out.

Reactions: PHILOUDELPHIA

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
They’re not on the list. I looked earlier.

If Xfinity offered both, I’d get Center Ice but if they’re not going to do that like every other provider I’ll just sit it out.

I wish you could get Fios

They offer every channel Comcast does.

NBCSP and NBCSP+ both in HD.

All of the Center ice games are in HD, also MLB NBA packages.

Shakey Graves

Jun 10, 2019
South Jersey
Xfinity is taking orders.
Here are the instructions/tips on how to pull off the cheaper price i was talking about above:

Change your IP address using a VPN or a chrome extension like HOLA or something. Use Romania/India/France or another out of market area and the price will show 129.99 right away and if you use a VPN to change your location it allows you to buy it.

When entering your country choose the US islands option and it won't have an issue. Everything else with the payment info fill out normally (us info). With this trick you can lower the price even more and this discount would apply to everyone, not just the YMMV Military/Student audience. If you are military or a student you can use the ID.ME login to get a discount on top of the above. Please see below for the full breakdown on pricing.

Price Breakdown:
US price: $144.99
Out of Market Price: -$15.00 ($129.99) Everyone else's Price
ID.me discount: -$45.50 ($84.49) YMMV
Discover 10% off: -$8.45 YMMV
Grand total is: $76.04

Last thing I will say, if you want to go in as a group with people, this is 100% possible as the NHLTV does not restrict to 1 IP address/device, so you can share the cost.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Good news, finally I was able to link and activate Center ice with NHL.TV

Use a PC, not mobile.

Using mobile or nhl app after logging in with Fios, the screen just stopped all white no confirmation.

But on PC after logging in,

A green success confirmation screen showed up. I'm good for the season.

Mobile and NHL app work now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad