NHL: Around the League 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Price has played for marginal, mostly terrible teams his entire career. Vasi, pretty much the opposite.... and though both goaltenders have been excellent Price is absolutely ahead of Vasi in this year's running for the Conn Smythe.
Stats don't tell the story.

Price has definitely been more valuable to his team than Vasi on these playoffs and I’d give him the slight edge for this year in quality of play.

But I don’t think Montreal stands a chance in this series unless one of Vasi or Hedman miss a huge portion of this series and the Smythe then comes down to Point vs Vasi, or maybe Kucherov if he has a massive series.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Price has definitely been more valuable to his team than Vasi on these playoffs and I’d give him the slight edge for this year in quality of play.

But I don’t think Montreal stands a chance in this series unless one of Vasi or Hedman miss a huge portion of this series and the Smythe then comes down to Point vs Vasi, or maybe Kucherov if he has a massive series.

It's difficult not to agree. TB is a powerhouse and I think they still have another gear that we haven't seen yet. Entering the playoffs I was hoping Avs could meet them in the final as they seemed to be the only team that could give them a run.
That said, Price has got into the heads of 3 teams in this year's playoffs. He will need to do it again for Habs to have a prayer.
However, I picked TB in 5 games in one pool and I had them sweep the final in the other.... with Point as the Conn Smyth winner.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Yet, I still find myself cheering for the underdogs.
What happened decades ago with Hawks/Habs has little to do with today.

Truthfully, I just hope the Canadiens aren't humiliated in this final. TB is one helluva team when they put it all together.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
watching the way this game is unfolding...hawks will need to address the composition of their blueline because they're not built for this brand of hockey at all...can get away with having some smaller finess forwards but its a necessity to have a blueline that can play a heavy style of hockey

Reactions: BobbyJet and RayP

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I’ve never seen someone try so hard to cross check someone after the whistle (Gallagher) and barely even move them (Hedman). :laugh:

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
watching the way this game is unfolding...hawks will need to address the composition of their blueline because they're not built for this brand of hockey at all...can get away with having some smaller finess forwards but its a necessity to have a blueline that can play a heavy style of hockey
You say it like you are surprised. It has been the case forever.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
You say it like you are surprised. It has been the case forever.

tbh i really haven't watched much playoff hockey since hawks have been in this perpetual rebuild...but everything i've seen this year has led me to believe bowman isn't exactly on the right track with the way he wants to build the team...just can't envision borgstrom, strome, gaudette, nylander types thriving on a playoff roster...gus was playing 20min + for this team and now he's under 10 in recent games with most of it on pp...

edit: and maybe bowman isn't on the right track because of the way the game has evolved and how it's called in the playoffs...

Last edited:

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
is interference a thing they call in nhl anymore or nah...

No. While the physicality is entertaining, I cannot stand what the playoffs have devolved into. We are moving back to the DPE with every passing season. The officials also missed at least a half dozen dangerous penalties that period. The slash Kucherov took was f***ing nonsense, and right in front of the official. A couple nasty, high crosschecks. The stick work is out of control.

But "Let them play" or something.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
No. While the physicality is entertaining, I cannot stand what the playoffs have devolved into. We are moving back to the DPE with every passing season. The officials also missed at least a half dozen dangerous penalties that period. The slash Kucherov took was f***ing nonsense, and right in front of the official. A couple nasty, high crosschecks. The stick work is out of control.

But "Let them play" or something.

yeah its pretty terrible...danault dumped it in late in 1st period and the defenseman (think it was cernak) just got in his way, obstructed his path to the puck and took him out of the play without making any attempt to play the puck...at this point just have big, mobile defensemen that can obstruct as much as possible and you neutralize the forecheck for most lines, if thats how the nhl is going to call the game in the playoffs then its silly not to take advantage of it

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
yeah its pretty terrible...danault dumped it in late in 1st period and the defenseman (think it was cernak) just got in his way, obstructed his path to the puck and took him out of the play without making any attempt to play the puck...at this point just have big, mobile defensemen that can obstruct as much as possible and you neutralize the forecheck for most lines, if thats how the nhl is going to call the game in the playoffs then its silly not to take advantage of it

Gallagher literally got crosschecked in the back and knocked down trying to pursue a dump in. After being grabbed and interfered with a second before hand. Right in the middle of the ice. It's shit hockey.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Maybe now with the espn contract and likely more exposure the nhl will reemphasize obstruction to speed the game up for entertainment purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad