Confirmed with Link: NHL and NHLPA approve re-alignment

Actual Thought*

Don't worry. Bettman's NHL can't leave anything alone. If this is popular then it will be changed in 2016. I like the addition of Original 6 matchups but the meddling morons will never leave well enough alone. They will probably add some teams in Alabama, Mississippi, and Arkansas and then put Detroit in their division.:shakehead

muffin with tentacle

Jan 28, 2006
Ottawa
Don't worry about that, it won't take long to learn to hate Habs, Leafs, Boston and Ottawa fans. The 3 Canadian teams fans are so passionate that they instantly become SUPER annoying. My guess is that we hate these teams by January of next season.

And Boston fans...oh you'll see.

Don't lump us with them! Sens fans are the nice ones in the division.

Welcome, Wings.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
Thanks.

And it's true. Sens fans are the nice, level-headed ones in that grouping.

I, for one, am going to enjoy these games.

Me too. I will gladly hate Habs, Bruins and Leafs fans. It will not take long. Also other East teams like Pens, Flyers, Rangers, Devils and Blue Jackets will be easy to hate too. I will miss our rivalry with the Blackhawks, Stl, and San Jose.

RedWingsNow*

Dumb statement by Bettman.

When Quebec gets their team someone is moving.

Peter Tosh

Dec 19, 2007
Eastern Conference is great news for me and other european fans who are now able to watch the entire playoffs without having to call in sick the day after :sarcasm:

Jani8

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
As a Bruins fan, I'm excited to see more original six match-ups:handclap:

Welcome home and good luck! Well, not against the Bruins but please kick the **** out of the Habs;)

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
As a Bruins fan, I'm excited to see more original six match-ups:handclap:

Welcome home and good luck! Well, not against the Bruins but please kick the **** out of the Habs;)

Bruins will crush Detroit... Detroit has won like the 4 latest meetings, but interconference play is just not the same... now they will play the Bruins 5 or 6 times per season... will be ugly if detroits GM doesn't change the roster.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Ideally, the best case scenario for realignment in two years will be something like-

Florida is bought ought by an ownership group in Quebec, moves the team to Quebec
Expansion brings a team to Omaha/Kansas City
Expansion brings a team to Seattle
Phoenix somehow stays alive.

Then you have-

Northeast Division:
Boston
Detroit
Buffalo
Montreal
Toronto
Quebec
Ottawa
Columbus

Atlantic:
Pittsburgh
Philedelphia
New Jersey
New York Rangers
New York Islanders
Tampa Bay
Washington
Carolina

Central:
Chicago
Minnesota
Winnipeg
St. Louis
Nashville
Colorado
Dallas
Omaha/Kansas City

Pacific Division:
Vancouver
San Jose
Los Angeles
Anaheim
Seattle
Edmonton
Calgary
Phoenix

K2MyEverest

Nov 27, 2010
Montreal
Welcome back in the East guys! I can say that as a Habs fan, I'm pretty excited to have the change to see you guys 4 times a year instead of the usual 1 or 2 games a year we used to face each other. Original 6 teams rules! :yo::handclap::cheers:

K2MyEverest

Nov 27, 2010
Montreal
This makes it bittersweet for me. I love the Wings going to the east. But Nords were my second team as a kid. Really bummed at what this seems to mean.

I'm not worried at all about Quebec. Here, everything's going by the plan. Quebec will have a team and they'll just redo the divisions again. Bettman said it would not be a great deal. There's too much teams in difficulties in the NHL right now. Quebec would be an automatic sellout for every games.

Watch for Nordiques Nation. I heard they're suppose to be in New Jersey tomorrow when the Habs visits NJ.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
And their owners make money on their arena through concerts etc.

He does make money off of it, but I am pretty sure he only owns stake in the company. The city is very happy with having them as a tenant and would pursue legal options if anybody attempted to move the Panthers. They aren't going anywhere.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
I look forward to future Team Sweden battles between the young Swede Sens and you guys. ;) Maclean mirrors the Detroit playing style as well so it should be fun to watch.

WingsFan95

Mar 22, 2008
Kanata
The joy I felt when I heard the news on this was quite high.

I haven't followed the NHL this year for obvious reasons and will continue to largely gloss over it. However next year with the Wings playing in Toronto seemingly at least a couple times, I'm very excited. Still going to do the drive to Windsor but will be nice to get Wings action without the travel also.

Aug 6, 2012
I look forward to future Team Sweden battles between the young Swede Sens and you guys. ;) Maclean mirrors the Detroit playing style as well so it should be fun to watch.

Well if its this year's Wings style I think I'll pass on the game :laugh:

I'm gonna enjoy watching Karlsson, one of my favorite players.

STL Blues Fan

Jan 14, 2011
Sad to see u guys go. Maybe we can just finally beat Detroit in the playoffs in the Stanley Cup Finals. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad