Confirmed with Link: NHL and NHLPA agree on 56 game season - SCHEDULE RELEASED - Isles @ NYR Jan 14th

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Playing the Devils 4 times in a row in April when the games can be meaningful? Never thought I could hate the Devil any more... actually I could. Lol.

Reactions: bl02

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Playing the Devils 4 times in a row in April when the games can be meaningful? Never thought I could hate the Devil any more... actually I could. Lol.

I personally think that this type of schedule is freaking awesome and I hope that we move towards a situation where we have way more divisional rivalry games. The pure hatred this is going to develop is going to be delicious.

Reactions: Ruggs225

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I personally think that this type of schedule is freaking awesome and I hope that we move towards a situation where we have way more divisional rivalry games. The pure hatred this is going to develop is going to be delicious.

I know I've mentioned this already but I don't see it. Maybe in the 70s when there were bench clearing brawls and whatnot.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

I’m cautiously optimistic with it. I’ll miss the western vs. games, but will get plenty of that with the Anaheim games. But yeah, think there could be some renewed rivalry happening this year. I just hope some of these series don’t become duds. That is my only fear with playing the same team 8 times. So can go either way.

FartMilk

Jan 19, 2019
Having to see certain teams so many times breeds familiarity and hatred. I think the scheduling is genius.

People really would rather have a one-off with Calgary or Vancouver over a small series with Philadelphia or Boston?

I got nothin.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I’m cautiously optimistic with it. I’ll miss the western vs. games, but will get plenty of that with the Anaheim games. But yeah, think there could be some renewed rivalry happening this year. I just hope some of these series don’t become duds. That is my only fear with playing the same team 8 times. So can go either way.

I just love the idea of playing our actual rivals a ton of times during the year.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
As someone who has lived in multiple western conference cities in my life, I love the schedules where the Rangers play in each arena at least once a year. That being said, I am definitely looking forward to more rivalry games.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
56 games is not bad. I think somewhere in the 65-70 game range is ideal. 82 games (remember 84 games?) is too much. I wonder if - down the road they settle on, say, 72 games (and a couple of extra playoff spots, in exchange).

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I would like it more if dirty scumbags like Wilson and Marchand weren't in our division
We just need our own version of those guys. Maybe Cuylle can be that guy but way too early to tell.

Excited for this schedule. I think its absolutely gona get nasty. Youre playing a team 8 times in a season? Some in consecutive stretches of 4 games? Its gona be like a playoff series. I love it. Team will have to bring their best every night. They are going to have to be on their toes.

Reactions: WAIVE BRODZINSKI

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I like this schedule better than late night WC games. I know some of you guys watch many games of other teams around the league, but I really watch just the Rangers games. So I don't much care who's on those western teams.

Reactions: WAIVE BRODZINSKI

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
It's going to be so weird not having Staal, McKegg, and Lettieri -- just to name three -- to rag on. On the other hand, welcome aboard, Jack Johnson.

Reactions: Kords

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad