OT: NHL All-Time Draft, Round 2

In the NHL-ALL Time Draft, who do you have the Avalanche take?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Hello again from the NYR Boards. Due to requests from multiple posters across the boards, I've decided to continue the All Time draft into a second round. The rules for this draft are as follows, if you did not remember:

1. Every team gets a single pick in the round, and the draft order follows the standings as of 3/20/2020 (the first day of the draft). So even if a team traded its 1st Round pick in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft, they still get a choice in this draft.
2. All retired/inactive NHL players are considered eligible for this draft (including guys playing overseas like Jagr). This also includes players like Tretiak who never had an NHL career but are hockey legends in their own right. All active NHL players, as well as players whose rights are owned by an NHL team, are ineligible
3. It is assumed that player abilities are "up-to-date" with the modern game, so a player like Eddie Shore who played in a far different NHL will not be at a disadvantage compared to say Wayne Gretzky or Jaromir Jagr
4. All players will be drafted into the organization at the age of 18, similar to the NHL Entry Draft
5. It is assumed that players will have a similar ceiling to during their playing career, and have the ability to reach said ceiling, although this is not guaranteed. Similarly, they are not guaranteed to suffer the same injury woes they did during their career (should that be relevant)
6. I'll give 2-3 days for votes to come in before the next team goes on the clock.
7. In the event of a tie, I will set up a tiebreaker poll
8. Please check the below post before voting for a player, as it's possible they have already been taken. And remember again, active players are ineligible.
9. If you are trolling, I will ignore your vote. Don't be that guy.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
32. Detroit Red Wings (1st round pick- Wayne Gretzky) - Sergei Fedorov
33. Ottawa Senators (Mario Lemieux) - Teemu Selanne
34. San Jose Sharks (Bobby Orr) - Stan Mikita
35. Los Angeles Kings (Gordie Howe)- Marcel Dionne
36. Anaheim Ducks (Jaromir Jagr) - Larry Robinson
37. New Jersey Devils (Nicklas Lidstrom) - Scott Stevens
38. Buffalo Sabres (Dominik Hasek) - Gilbert Perreault
39. Montreal Canadiens (Jean Beliveau) - Brett Hull
40. Chicago Blackhawks (Mark Messier) - Chris Chelios
41. Arizona Coyotes (Eric Lindros) - Bryan Trottier
42. Minnesota Wild (Joe Sakic) - Frank Mahovlich
43. Vancouver Canucks (Steve Yzerman) - Scott Niedermayer
44. Nashville Predators (Peter Forsberg) - Jacques Plante
45. Florida Panthers (Pavel Bure) - Brian Leetch
46. Calgary Flames (Mike Bossy) - Jarome Iginla
47. New York Rangers (Maurice Richard) - Red Kelly
48. Winnipeg Jets (Dale Hawerchuk) - Cam Neely
49. New York Islanders (Denis Potvin) - Terry Sawchuk
50. Columbus Blue Jackets (Guy Lafleur) - Vladislav Tretiak
51. Toronto Maple Leafs (Patrick Roy) - Pavel Datsyuk
52. Carolina Hurricanes (Ray Bourque) - Ken Dryden
53. Dallas Stars (Doug Harvey) - Jari Kurri
54. Edmonton Oilers (Bobby Hull) - Glenn Hall
55. Vegas Golden Knights (Martin Brodeur) - Peter Stastny
56. Pittsburgh Penguins (Ron Francis) - Al MacInnis
57. Philadelphia Flyers (Bobby Clarke) - Slava Fetisov
58. Washington Capitals (Phil Esposito) - Brad Park
59. Tampa Bay Lightning (Eddie Shore) - Frank Nighbor
60. Colorado Avalanche (Paul Coffey) - On the Clock
61. St Louis Blues (Chris Pronger) -
62. Boston Bruins (Howie Morenz) -

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Voting:
I'll update this comment as each new vote comes in, but I can only count it if it's a single player vote (so not "Shore or Harvey" for example). If you're changing your vote later on, that's fine, just make a note of it. I apologize in advance if I am delayed in adding your vote, I am now working full-time so have much less free time on my hands

Valeri Kharlamov (1)- S E P H
Brendan Shanahan (1)- UncleRisto
Mats Sundin (1)- McMetal
Doug Gilmour (1)- dahrougem2
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sandvich's Best on the Board(tm):

C: Adam Oates, Alex Delvecchio, Cyclone Taylor (C/D), Frank Boucher, Henri Richard, Syl Apps, Newsy Lalonde, Milt Schmidt
LW/RW: Brendan Shanahan, Ted Lindsay, Dit Clapper (RW/D), Bill Cook, Sergei Makarov, Valeri Kharlamov, Charlie Conacher, Bernie Geoffrion, Andy Bathgate, Dickie Moore
D: Larry Murphy, Pierre Pilote, King Clancy, Tim Horton, Bill Gadsby, Sprague Cleghorn, Earl Seibert, Borje Salming
G: Georges Vezina, Frank Brimsek, Clint Benedict

Last edited:

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Canucks board killing it.

For my money, the 2 teams that have drafted the best (besides the gimmes of the top 4 in the 1st round) are the Lightning and the Rangers in that order. Shore & Nighbor in those 2 spots are absolute steals

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
That's that non-90's bias having ass. There is no player named Nighbor and we all know it.

On that 90s note, I really don't get the love for Sundin. People keep voting for him, but imo there are some far better players still available. Cyclone Taylor, Bill Cook, Sergei Makarov, Valeri Kharlamov, etc. I'm assuming it's b/c people have seen him play, as compared to the other players, but still...

EDIT:
Take Cook for instance. First season in the NHL was at age 30, and he still ended up scoring 366 points in 475 games. Led the league in goals 2 times, and finished in the top 10 in 8 of his 10 seasons. Led the league in points twice, and finished in the top 10 in 7 seasons.

Sundin finished 2nd in goals once, and never higher than 4th in points.

Last edited:

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Hey folks, I've put up a tiebreaker poll. The poll will remain active for the next 48 hours.

Sorry about the long layoff, working retail over the holidays sucks.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Wild got Sakic?!? I’m gonna burn these boards to the ground!

upload_2020-12-5_20-54-20.gif

Reactions: Foppa2118

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Gilmour has a Cup, a Selke, highest peak and has the most storied career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad