NHL 24 Discussion

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Doesn't really matter. Just make sure you run elite edges and max your puck control. The masters of that mode will run a 6'9 ENF and just steamroll guys while still flying somehow.
I'm only level 20 so I still have a lot of abilities to upgrade. It was also a few days of playing the game before I realised I could press square to check as well as move the right stick, so I'm sure it's all just a matter of time.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Curious if anyone has some tips on PK and how to get your forwards consistently lower in your zone.

Can select any type of defensive first options including forecheck pressure option and select defend lead and mess with the zone setup but it seems like when I play as a defenseman I will have both forwards near the blue line like they wanted to start a rush.
Contain puck or protect net selected as well. Forwards will still try to cheat forward.

When I play as one of the forwards it's fine, just when I switch to defenseman.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I love when you're on the PK and when clearing the puck your own forwards stop and grab it to keep the puck in your own zone, usually turning the puck over and causing a goal. I wish your own players were smarter in the game, atleast smart enough to let you ice the puck when you're on the penalty kill.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Update before last, all my builds were able to hit way too easy (and I was getting hit very often, so it seemed universal). This most recent update has made it impossible for any of my builds to hit - no matter what type or how I tweak them.

I've adjusted my play style over the weekend, but still would like to throw the occasional hit against offensive zone puck raggers. Anyone got any build suggestions after the most recent update? I hate having to over rely on poking.

Edit: Looks like it's being addressed. Thank god:

Last edited:
Reactions: PanniniClaus

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
After going back to FC24 and FHM, franchise mode in NHL just seems so shallow …

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I'm getting closer. Made it to a Ones final, made to overtime in a Ones final with a Two Way Forward build. Took a shot and a guy managed to score the rebound, between his legs, with his back to goal. Nonsense.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
I'm getting closer. Made it to a Ones final, made to overtime in a Ones final with a Two Way Forward build. Took a shot and a guy managed to score the rebound, between his legs, with his back to goal. Nonsense.
Was it ryjo? :)

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I finally got this, it was on sale. but what did they do to the hitting? hitting was like the only thing I was really good at, this flicking hitting style is so hard. I put my self out of position 95% of the time now

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Franchise mode is so glitchy. I just took a tripping penalty with McAvoy. When the camera pans over it shows Poitras in the box. The major issue with that is I scratched Poitras so he’s not even playing.

My other issue is how hard it is to clear the puck on the PK. I’ll wind up and take the hardest slap shot aiming at a clear open lane to clear it and it will almost always hit my own player somehow or the other teams D will suddenly turn into Hasek and glove a 100mph slap shot like it’s nothing.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Yes but once you get used to it, it feels way more satisfying than before.

Absolutely, hitting is so much more rewarding now.

Once you kind of figure out the timing, it's also so much more realistic because they have built in a risk/reward in terms of taking a run at someone, cause if you miss them in real life, you're out of the play, and that is now reflected in NHL 24 in a realistic way so you have to play a much smarter game and pick your spots.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I still don't think I've ever hit anyone successfully. Do you need to flick the right stick back and then in the direction you're aiming?

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I still don't think I've ever hit anyone successfully. Do you need to flick the right stick back and then in the direction you're aiming?
You need to pull the right thumbstick back like a slapshot and push forward when you are about to initiate contact. You do the same thing while holding LT/L2 when battling in front of the net and you'll be far less likely to get an interference penalty.

Reactions: Ceremony

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
You need to pull the right thumbstick back like a slapshot and push forward when you are about to initiate contact. You do the same thing while holding LT/L2 when battling in front of the net and you'll be far less likely to get an interference penalty.
Just put a guy over the back wall in Ones and went up and scored. What a buzz.

Reactions: belair

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I was singing this game praises in the beginning. Shame on me. These games are made as quick and cheap as possible, they’re not made with any love whatsoever, and they have nearly the same problems year in and year out.
Franchise mode hasn't changed one iota in six years. Same glitches to boot. Turn off the arena management mode and the game still fires you for not fixing the john.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I've just discovered you can add and remove attribute points in Chel builds. Ones might be a bit easier all of a sudden.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad