NHL 24 - Anyone still play these games?

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I was on the be a pro teams and GM connected leagues with most on this thread.
I bought nhl 23 at 60% off in December , it's ok and I mostly play offline. No reason for me to go to NHL 24 it seems based on what I've seen/read.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Last one I played was NHL 09 where I used to make Mike Blunden score 50+ in a season. But I became an Apple guy soon after. Is there a way to play 09 on a macbook?

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Just picked up NHL 24. Anyone interested in getting some club going? Got a couple members already that are looking like they'll play.

I figured now with crossplay we might be able to get enough guys to form some sort of team.

On the fence whether I like the changes so far to the gameplay. I haven't played much since NHL 14 but wanted to give this one a go.
Last POS i played from EA was NHL2009. They didn't even port the game to PC, they just reskinned the 2008 game. They also somehow nerfed tigerwoods golf the same year(I wasn't playing but heard a lot of complaints) How do you make the PC game worse than the console. This was the habs 100 year edition and it was missing most all the new features. Done never bought an EA hockey game since. I had bought at least since 93 or 94 so about 15 years of purchases, and 15 years since the last time.

Nhl 09 is un matched!
Except if you bought on PC

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Personally liked the goofiness of GM mode in NHL04 the best.

You win multiple back-to-back Stanley Cups, and each great accomplishment you make is followed with unlocking decorations and new colors for your office as if that was your goal all along instead of the usual Hockey accolades.

No other EA game can match the sheer fun of winning the Stanley Cup with your in-game franchise and then unlocking a lava lamp for your desk as a reward, how ridiculous it all is that the requirement to put a freaking lava lamp on your desk can be nothing less than a Stanley Cup win.

And I liked messing around with the GM office, make it as ugly as I could (which wsan't hard with how many ugly decor items the game generously gave), and then watch as my GM character would lift his face off his desk, look around him a bit, and then nod in satisfaction at the "marvel" I'd put together each time I made a ridiculous change to the office.

Plus, NHL04's trades are deliciously ridiculous. I enjoyed taking the litteral worst players I could find there, and then through multiple trades transform them into superstars of the time like Lemieux, Sakic, and others in less than a day.

Ah, good times, good times.

Reactions: _habsfan9

_habsfan9

Nov 26, 2005
For me this whole generation,(2015-present) has been terrible for the most part. The last true good game was NHL 14. NHL 2004 is also an amazing game that is still modded and updated via modding community to this day. My current hockey game is NHL Eastside hockey manager for steam. Great game been playing it for years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad