GDT: NHL 22 Entry Draft (July 7th - 8th | 7:00 PM ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
I’d be willing to gamble on Murray for two years if we swap 20 and 7. Screw it, but try to get Ottawa to take Hagelin back as well.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Has anyone ever gone back in the threads from 5 years ago to see who had the best predictions?

Might be fun for everyone to chuck some late round gem/bust/hot takes predictions out there for our future selves to ridicule
I don’t get into every draft but I recall wanting Larkin over Vrana at the time and Konecny over Samsonov. The Samsonov pick pissed me off, I hated it. Especially when they traded up for Vanecek in the year prior and had Holtby / Grubauer at the time. Just felt like a waste

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I don’t get into every draft but I recall wanting Larkin over Vrana at the time and Konecny over Samsonov. The Samsonov pick pissed me off, I hated it. Especially when they traded up for Vanecek in the year prior and had Holtby / Grubauer at the time. Just felt like a waste
Yep I recall wanting Larkin as well.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Yep I recall wanting Larkin as well.
Vrana i thought was a little off the board, I recall him being ranked in the 20s. Worked out okay, a fine pick, but Larkin was the one i wanted. I also really wanted Ryan Donato in the 2nd. So i guess that would have been a good draft if we took my picks!

But i must confess i liked Julius Honka too but we don't need to talk about that. Larkin was my guy

Reactions: searle

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Would be nice if they still had the second they gave up in the Mantha trade. Eh, they probably would have traded it away this past season.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
2016 is the one that bothers me. I remember thinking any of DeBrincat, Kyrou, or Steel would be good picks. I think I remember really wanting Tage Thompson, thought with his size he was going to be a stud but it didn’t turn out that way.

I don’t know why I remember this and I could be wrong but I think @NobodyBeatsTheWiz was pretty high on DeBrincat.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
NHL Network with a two-hour preview show on now. Looks like Patrick & Mac talking on the floor. Just chit-chat probably.

msrulo

Feb 3, 2013
Toronto, ON
Please don't trade Backstrom, he is an underrated core of this team and will probably be fine after surgery.

Jun 15, 2007
2019 3rd overall pick Kirby Dach available for the 15th overall...

Uhh what? How about our first and AA?

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Just moments ago BMac was talking to David Poile. Wonder if they are discussing about Forsberg?

Apparently Nashville and Forsberg are only off by a few hundred thousand dollars in terms of contract demands. Both camps are settled on an 8 year term. I imagine they’ll extend Forsberg before he hits the market next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad