GDT: NHL 2023 Draft (Day 2) - Kraken edition - 8 AM PT, NHL: Network

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Just a suggestion but with the prospect thread it would be rad if the position of the player was in the thread title. Take it or leave it but i think it would help out a little bit.

Reactions: seakraken

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Just a suggestion but with the prospect thread it would be rad if the position of the player was in the thread title. Take it or leave it but i think it would help out a little bit.

I have added it. Hope that helps.

Heidt keeps dropping. Maybe at 84?

He was taken with the last pick of the 2nd round.

BTW: Damn. Would've been nice if Koehn Ziemmer would've fallen to us at #84.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Maybe its just me but I love draft week ... even more than playoff games. LOL. Such a fun week because there is no "losing or winning" in my mind. So nice to see kids happy being picked.

Reactions: kihei

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Avid CHL and particularly WHL fan dropping in to say it’s absolutely bonkers that you’ve picked up Nelson, Dragicevic, and Price outside of the first round. That’s your long-term defensive core right there. Dragicevic has 1D potential and Price truly does it all.

Francis & Co. caught a lot of flak for the expansion draft but my god have they done a terrific job in the regular drafts since. Truly building something good while the team in place is already overachieving.

Reactions: Dominance

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
So far the Kraken are also drafting a bit for size in this draft.

Only Fisker-Moelgaard and Price are 6'0 and the rest is taller than that.

Reactions: kihei

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Center Andrei Loshko at #116

I hope we'll take a goalie with one of the remaining picks.
Thomas Milic from the Thunderbirds is still available.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Francis & Co. caught a lot of flak for the expansion draft but my god have they done a terrific job in the regular drafts since. Truly building something good while the team in place is already overachieving.
Obviously assuming everyone hits their ceiling is a futile endeavour, but what Seattle already has in place is really amazing.

Goyette-Wright-Firkus
Burakovsky-Beniers-Bjorkstrand
Sale-Winterton-Tolvanen
Rehkopf

Evans-Dragicevic
Price-Nelson

Reactions: sigma six

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad