GDT: NHL 2023 Draft (Day 2) - Kraken edition - 8 AM PT, NHL: Network

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Colville.

Well I should have added “lake” to Roosevelt because nobody in Their right mind would buy a cabin in Roosevelt WA unless they were in the waste business. Always liked the Colville/Kettle Falls area. If I didn’t already have a place up north of Leavenworth, I’d be looking up in that general area.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Well I should have added “lake” to Roosevelt because nobody in Their right mind would buy a cabin in Roosevelt WA unless they were in the waste business. Always liked the Colville/Kettle Falls area. If I didn’t already have a place up north of Leavenworth, I’d be looking up in that general area.
Ha ha ha. Yes. Very close to there. This is my first trip there in the summer, so I am interested to see how busy it gets there.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Ha ha ha. Yes. Very close to there. This is my first trip there in the summer, so I am interested to see how busy it gets there.

If it disappoints, take a day trip to Leavenworth and you’ll feel like nobody visits Colville, and that’s a good thing. My cabin is just north of the “area people feel is close enough to Leavenworth to care”. Thank goodness. nIMBY!!! My wife loves the tourist of Leavenworth, but I hate it. And grew up in the area so I’m like “embittered local”. Glad the place is far enough away for me but close enough for her.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
If it disappoints, take a day trip to Leavenworth and you’ll feel like nobody visits Colville, and that’s a good thing. My cabin is just north of the “area people feel is close enough to Leavenworth to care”. Thank goodness. nIMBY!!! My wife loves the tourist of Leavenworth, but I hate it. And grew up in the area so I’m like “embittered local”. Glad the place is far enough away for me but close enough for her.
I know what you mean by that. Leavenworth is so commercialized that it has lost that charm it had.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia

For a string of about 5 years I used to participate in the huge German car cruise to Leavenworth that you probably hated every June. :P

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
For a string of about 5 years I used to participate in the huge German car cruise to Leavenworth that you probably hated every June. :P

Oh, yes, the famed Leavenworth Drive. Honestly, I didn't hate any of it back when I was growing up there, but I certainly don't love it now when I visit. Honestly, these days Leavenworth Drive doesn't even make a dent in the weekend visitor numbers. It's always a madhouse there, but the summer isn't nearly as bad as Oktoberfest was (thank you Oktoberfest people for moving it to Wenatchee) or even a fraction of the Christmas season is.

There's a roller coaster on the hill west of town now. That's weird.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad