GDT: NHL 2015-2016 Out of Town Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
In this age of parity, with Price in net the Habs can beat any team in the league. (Of course with parity, that goes for any team, Price just improves their odds.) The team is aware of that, and it gives them a boost psychologically.

Watching their fantastic start and looking at their roster, was a bit confusing. On paper they were not on par with say the dynastic Oilers teams that couldn't be solved. But when the final buzzer sounded, they were one goal better than the other team.

With Price, they had a swagger, including our old buddy Dale Weise. They knew teams were weary of Price, and I'm sure they fed off of post game comments like those of Steve Ott, who said the Blues were beat single-handedly by Price.

When Price went down the first time, it was for a short period. The players rallied around the fact that they could demonstrate it wasn't just Price, and Condon came in and played great.

But when Price went down a second time, knowing it would be for longer, it rattled their confidence. Mix that in with the unsustainable shooting percentages, and 'puck luck' (if you believe in that) coming back to earth, and things are starting to even out.

It's like the little engine that could. They thought they could, they thought they could, but know they're not so sure.

I still consider them a contender, and definitely a threat to us. The East is wide open, and especially with a healthy (and rested) Price, they are not to be taken lightly. At the same time, they are beatable.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
With us he'd be a 6M player, and he has a good chance to make 7M on his next contract.

I know you didn't like that trade but that was a big + for our future with the assets we were able to get.
Hopefully he has a great year in LA.

Get to watch him pretty frequently being out west and he is really starting to come into his own and get comfortable with his new team. Looking like the Looch we know and love the past month or so and the Kings fans are starting to fall in love with him too.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Licic is 3rd scorer on his team, ahead of Kopitar. They will try to get rid of Dustin Brown at any cost before letting him go.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Two top players? Really? Price, yes. But Gallagher? Definitely Pacioretty and Subban, and an argument can be made for Markov, Emelin, Plekanec, and even Eller as higher on the depth chart than Gallagher. If the Habs are blaming all their troubles on Price being out, fine. It's a weak team that relies solely on one player, but fine. However, with Patches the Wonder Dog and Subban currently stinking up the joint, blaming any portion of their slide on the loss of Gallagher means they are weaker than any of us ever thought, and getting "Gally" back isn't going to do crap to remedy that.

I think the struggles of PK and Pacioretty hurt them more than Gallagher.

Price is a blow-both in how he keeps them in games and their confidence.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
All star candidate John Scott - Waived.

:laugh:

If he's not on an NHL team on the day of the all-star game, does he play under the NHL "flag"/logo, like in the Olympics (where you compete under the Olympics' flag)?

Great publicity that will be, when they roll his NHL highlight reel and the only thing of impact he's ever done was intentionally ruining Loui Eriksson's season and giving him chronic brain damage that might even (hopefully not, though) one day take his life or at least cause him depression.

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

:sarcasm:

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I think the struggles of PK and Pacioretty hurt them more than Gallagher.

Price is a blow-both in how he keeps them in games and their confidence.

Hell, I'm just glad I got to squeeze in the "Patches the Wonder Dog" reference that I thought of after Artemis said Patches is a name you give a Cocker Spaniel. :laugh:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Hell, I'm just glad I got to squeeze in the "Patches the Wonder Dog" reference that I thought of after Artemis said Patches is a name you give a Cocker Spaniel. :laugh:

Man he's too ugly to be a cocker spaniel.

His kid is really cute though.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
****ING DETROIT GO TO OT AGAIN POKDNFGPLKJDFNB<DSGPIOSENGWERU !!!! LOSER POINTS SUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK :angry:

And this is why I hate loser points. If they are awarding loser points then non OT game wins should be worth 3 points.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Oh my god it just occurred to me....the Pens are going to sell everything at deadline day....and the Habs will take Kessel. You watch it, it will happen.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
oh god Detroit announcers are such homers "they're not even going to attack they're just gonna defend"

Well YEAH idiot, they dont want to lose the game? Moron.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Oh my god it just occurred to me....the Pens are going to sell everything at deadline day....and the Habs will take Kessel. You watch it, it will happen.

Unless the Pens retain salary I don't think the Habs could afford him.

jdz

May 22, 2013

I'd love for them to take him. He's a cancerous presence. Watch him on the wall on the first Vatrano goal today.

And they wonder why theyre losing.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Lol, Habs board in salty meltdown mode over Frank Vatrano. I'm loving it! :handclap:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Lol, Habs board in salty meltdown mode over Frank Vatrano. I'm loving it! :handclap:

I love how they have no idea who he is and how good he really is, they think he is someone who just got lucky.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Wouldn't it be fun to see the Habs go on a losing streak that beats the club record in the same season it had the historic winning streak? I have no idea what that number would be, but I can enjoy thinking about that.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I'd love for them to take him. He's a cancerous presence. Watch him on the wall on the first Vatrano goal today.

And they wonder why theyre losing.

In Kessel's defense, he may have been taking the time to introduce himself to the wall, because it's the first time they've met this season . :laugh:

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Wouldn't it be fun to see the Habs go on a losing streak that beats the club record in the same season it had the historic winning streak? I have no idea what that number would be, but I can enjoy thinking about that.

The Bruins are due for a loss soon . As long as Dallas wins tonight , I could handle a Bruin loss tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad