NHL 2014 Playoffs

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Not that either team is going to go far in the playoffs but this Montreal-Tampa series seems to have a ton of entertainment value.

That was a really entertaining game to watch, there has been a lot of goals scored tonight in all the games. Dallas is getting their teeth knocked in by the Ducks so far, I wonder if we will see Thomas come out at some point.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Not that either team is going to go far in the playoffs but this Montreal-Tampa series seems to have a ton of entertainment value.

Montreal absolutely owns Rask (he's 3-12-4 against them). If they get passed T-Bay, they'll have a good shot against Boston.

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
These are the teams I want the cup to go to:
1. Tampa
2. Anaheim
3. Minnesota
4. Columbus
5. Pittsburgh

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Habs/Bolts was exciting, but it was so hard for me to watch since I hate both teams. During the overtime, I was hoping they don't both score. I'm rooting for the Lightning though since they're the lesser of the evils in my mind and eh it promotes hockey in the south.

The Jackets surprised me for a bit by making it competitive for about half of the game against the Pens. However, they learned quickly that no lead is safe and I hope they recover in Game 2 to tie the series.

Ducks/Stars got much better in the 3rd Period and the Stars came close to tieing it in the final minutes, but came up short. I think that series may turn out to be closer than we think if the Stars can compete.

I don't see the Jackets or Stars winning their respective series though. The favorite is just too tough. I'm looking forward to the games tonight for sure. I think Hawks/Blues and Sharks/Kings could both have a very close series. The Wild may put up a decent fight to the Avs, but I think Colorado will take the series in the end. Like the Habs/Bolts game, it'll be hard for me to root for a team in the Flyers/Rangers series, but again for me, the Rangers are the lesser of the evils for me.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
i really liked habs-tampa, gudas ran around like a menace. gudbranson is gudas but more upside

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
My requirements are: The team hasn't won a Cup in the preceding 5 seasons but the team has to have won a Cup before (if a team like St Louis wins, that's 1 less team that hasn't won a Cup like us.) That leaves the Ducks, Habs, and Lightning. I don't like the Habs or lightning, so go Ducks.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I think Chicago wins it's series against St. Louis, quite confident about that. And I think LA beats the Sharks. I picked Philly to win that series against the Rangers, I don't have any particular reason to pick them, that series is a toss up. I just picked one randomly.

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
---Overall 1st round picks--- (The team I want to win is in bold)
Bruins over Red Wings (underdog)
Habs over Lightning (lesser of the two evils)
Pens over CBJ (underdog)
Rangers over Flyers (meh)
Avs over Wild (Still upset about last year's draft. And 1996.)
Chicago over Blues (No favorite)
Ducks over Stars (underdog)
Sharks over Kings (no particular reason)

As far as tonight's games: Rangers/Flyers was good until the third period. Blackhawks/Blues has been good so far, currently in the third period. Avs/Wild has been pretty good as well after one period. The best game tonight (and series as a whole) will probably be Sharks/Kings but I have work tomorrow, so not staying up lol

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
The west is a bloodbath. Each of these match-ups are just physical bloodfeuds. The west will grind itself out by time they get to the SCF.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Tampa seems to have no solution against Montreal, that series could be a sweep.

Bruins also having a lot of trouble with Detroit's speed, missing a few players though.

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
Tampa seems to have no solution against Montreal, that series could be a sweep.

Bruins also having a lot of trouble with Detroit's speed, missing a few players though.

Hopefully tampa can get their **** together and win the series 4-2

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes