Prospect Info: NHL 2013 Draft || Episode III: Revenge of the Seth || Avs win the draft lottery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanner

Aug 2, 2009
Leafs fan here, just want to say congrats! Jones is a franchise player, exactly what you guys needed.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Some Flyers fans saying it was rigged :laugh:

I knew that would come up if we won the lottery, just like Pit. The story is pretty good, and I have no doubt the NHL would pull something like that to enhance media hype.

At least it wasn't from like 16th to #1 or something.

CoachBadkitten

Matt Hunwick
Jul 25, 2012
Colorado
BHwoxKjCQAAaOnP.jpg:large

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
We need a blue chipper like Seth Jones on this team. I like the other 2 aswell but damn our D -corp looks alot more respectable with Jones in the mix and Siemens on his way in a few yrs. Hopefully this spells the end to 25 minute a night Hunwick

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
How many of us just screamed "YES" super loud, when they showed the Avalanche logo on the number one card? I know I did.

Yeah same here, like they just scored an OT goal, lol
The suspense was killing me, pick by pick, ugh
and then I saw some white and what I thought was yellow and was like
frak, but then.. very nice end to a horrid season

ursavolta

Aug 9, 2010
miami, Fl
Cats fan here, just wanted to swing by and say congrats!

I think this is a perfect fit for both clubs.. but we shall see!

Enjoy the first!

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
We need a blue chipper like Seth Jones on this team. I like the other 2 aswell but damn our D -corp looks alot more respectable with Jones in the mix and Siemens on his way in a few yrs. Hopefully this spells the end to 25 minute a night Hunwick

Sacco is gone so that is a given.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
...Would honestly probably still prefer MacKinnon.

You may still get your wish. One thing about our organization, they are anything but predictable. Mackinnon is the fastest player in the draft, and that could definitely appeal to management. Duchene and Mackinnon would be two lines with blazing speed.

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
Congrats guys! You guys must have seen the Av's logo on the card before he said it too, right? :laugh:

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
lol I want Nate and Drouin but whatever still awesome to get the first overall pick in a draft. I didn't watch the Nords and I've seen the Broncos/Avs/Nuggets get high picks but never that undisputed number 1.

Good god I hope I'm wrong like usual and everybody who's in love with this kid is right.

Comparisons? Projections about next year? All that fun stuff :laugh:

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Seth makes too much sense for us. I want him or Drouin, but I don't think Jones will be like EJ. Duchene, Ror, Landeskog, EJ, Varly, Jones as our core for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad