Hasek
Osgood
Datsyuk
Zetterberg

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
For the Leafs, I imagine it'll be; 200 players divided by 30 teams (because Vegas doesn't have any legends as of now) is about 6.5 players per team.

Mats Sundin (already confirmed)
Salming (in previous games)
Clark (in previous games)
Gilmour (in previous games)
Joseph (in previous games)
Sittler (In previous games)

Then maybe they add in a Dave Keon, or George Armstrong, Syl Apps, Tim Horton, Johnny Bower, Terry Sawchuk etc from the 60's and earlier. In the Sundin era, it was really a lot of guys like Roberts, Nieuwendyk, Belfour, Mogilny, who very well might be legends in the games, but are more associated with other teams.

So, for the Leafs, it's likely to be the same 5 we have seen previously and Sundin

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
Anyone think recently retired players like the Sedins and Iginla will be in the game? It would be nice if they could keep them in somehow.
They arn't on the list so probably not unless they signed a deal with EA. If they arn't on that list the probably won't be in the game.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
This Alumni stuff by player is so lame, I wish they'd do what NHL 2k used to do and just have the vintage teams in there as well.

Picking classic teams adds a lot of replay-value and the 'dream match-up' scenario.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
This Alumni stuff by player is so lame, I wish they'd do what NHL 2k used to do and just have the vintage teams in there as well.

Picking classic teams adds a lot of replay-value and the 'dream match-up' scenario.
Disagree with this. Do we really need 4 Wayne Gretzkys, 5 Mark Messiers, and 7 Lidstroms?

Hasa92

Aug 4, 2012
Finland
Selanne
Kariya
Niedermayer
Giguere

Last 2 already are in the games I believe?

For non Ducks legends:

Hasek
Kiprusoff
Lehtinen

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
Will I be able to use these legends in franchise mode?
I'm hope so. The Legends in NHL 12 were great but there were only 9 of them and they didn't represent every franchise. I'm drooling over the possiblities as a Caps fan. Imaginge puting Adam Oates and Mike Gartner on a line with OV. Imagine puting Dino with Backstrom or Kuzy. Imagine putting Langway, Stevens, and Hatcher with Carlson, Nisky, and Orlov. Imagine having a 2 headed monster in net with Holtbeast(Holtby) and Zilla(Kolzig).
Imagine Tom Wilson and Dale Hunter on a line.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'm hope so. The Legends in NHL 12 were great but there were only 9 of them and they didn't represent every franchise. I'm drooling over the possiblities as a Caps fan. Imaginge puting Adam Oates and Mike Gartner on a line with OV. Imagine puting Dino with Backstrom or Kuzy. Imagine putting Langway, Stevens, and Hatcher with Carlson, Nisky, and Orlov. Imagine having a 2 headed monster in net with Holtbeast(Holtby) and Zilla(Kolzig).
Imagine Tom Wilson and Dale Hunter on a line.

Is that a banana in your pocket, or do you just really like those lineup possibilities.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
Is that a banana in your pocket, or do you just really like those lineup possibilities.
Haha. I can't be the only one though. For example if your a Bruins fan imagine adding Bourque and Orr to go with Big Z and McAvoy. Imagine being an Avs fan and bringing back Sakic, Forsberg, Roy, and Blake.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Disagree with this. Do we really need 4 Wayne Gretzkys, 5 Mark Messiers, and 7 Lidstroms?

It’s not like that thought.

It could be like the 70s habs vs the 80s islanders or the 80s oilers against the 90s penguins, or the 2000s avs team against the 2010 hawks.

That’s more fun to me(and many others) than just having alumni, but to each their own.

nilssont

May 27, 2007
Selanne
Kariya
Niedermayer
Giguere

For non Ducks legends:

Hasek
Kiprusoff
Lehtinen

Andy Mcdonald and Lubo Visnovsky would be cool too. Also Rusty Salei (RIP) and several others. Fredrik Olausson

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
Selanne
Kariya
Niedermayer
Giguere

For non Ducks legends:

Hasek
Kiprusoff
Lehtinen

Apart from Hasek with his unique style and mask, I really can't see what's exciting with goalie legends.

Hasa92

Aug 4, 2012
Finland
Apart from Hasek with his unique style and mask, I really can't see what's exciting with goalie legends.

When it comes to playstyle and gameplay, nothing.

Those players just happen to be some of my all-time favourites so it would be cool to have them on my team.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaPhazz

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'd be cool if the legends were playable in Franchise Mode.

It would definitley fun to add them into the mix for an unrealistic play through. I'd probably do an expansion team and see what players are left unprotected.

Now i'm kinda hyped

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad