Xbox One EASHL: NHL 19 is free for you to keep with games with gold

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Too many of the modes are on auto-pilot.

They give nobody a reason to want to spend more then $20 on the NHL series which is why I always wait until the sales hit and get it for considerably cheaper if I buy the years version at all.
If I buy the game I'll get it on release just because I enjoy HUT and an earlier start means a better team sooner. But if you don't play HUT or have a legit EASHL team there's no reason to pay full price.

I just paid $3 for NBA2k19 and the depth of every single game mode is astounding. I haven't played 2k in forever so I suck and won't be playing online. But between the MyCareer and MyLeague modes I'll be occupied all summer. Meanwhile, someone in the same position who downloads NHL may play GM mode for a couple weeks, BeAPro for a couple days and then call it quits because there's no depth.

I think I mentioned this in another thread but they just need to spend the next couple years working on 1 game mode a time. Like after 20 is released, put all the effort in BAP/GM/Whatever. Just make it good for 21. Then next year revamp another mode and so on.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
If I buy the game I'll get it on release just because I enjoy HUT and an earlier start means a better team sooner. But if you don't play HUT or have a legit EASHL team there's no reason to pay full price.

I just paid $3 for NBA2k19 and the depth of every single game mode is astounding. I haven't played 2k in forever so I suck and won't be playing online. But between the MyCareer and MyLeague modes I'll be occupied all summer. Meanwhile, someone in the same position who downloads NHL may play GM mode for a couple weeks, BeAPro for a couple days and then call it quits because there's no depth.

I think I mentioned this in another thread but they just need to spend the next couple years working on 1 game mode a time. Like after 20 is released, put all the effort in BAP/GM/Whatever. Just make it good for 21. Then next year revamp another mode and so on.

Agreed re: NBA2K19. Also bought it for the cheap price. Already feel like I got my moneys worth.

The career mode puts EA to shame. The "trade finder" especially helps make the game more enjoyable and is something I wish was in NHL and would add a lot to it as being able to get a gauge on what teams view my player as worth helps to create realistic trade scenarios.

Reactions: Beauner

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
Nvm you’re absolutely wrong.At least with 360 games.

It's 2019....very few people are still playing 360 games exclusively so I wasn't wrong as I was only talking about XB1.

What happens to my Games with Gold games if I cancel my Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription?
On Xbox One, you’ll no longer be able to access your Games with Gold titles if you cancel your subscription. However, if you decide to renew your subscription at any time, you’ll be able to access and play your previously redeemed Games with Gold titles again.
On Xbox 360, any Games with Gold titles that you redeem as an Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate member are yours to keep, regardless of whether you continue your subscription.

NastyKnies

Feb 20, 2010
Canada
It's 2019....very few people are still playing 360 games exclusively so I wasn't wrong as I was only talking about XB1.

What happens to my Games with Gold games if I cancel my Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription?
On Xbox One, you’ll no longer be able to access your Games with Gold titles if you cancel your subscription. However, if you decide to renew your subscription at any time, you’ll be able to access and play your previously redeemed Games with Gold titles again.
On Xbox 360, any Games with Gold titles that you redeem as an Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate member are yours to keep, regardless of whether you continue your subscription.
This is why I said with 360 I’m aware thanks, no need to be so bloody condescending bro

NastyKnies

Feb 20, 2010
Canada

You’d be surprised how many people are still using 360

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
This is why I said with 360 I’m aware thanks, no need to be so bloody condescending bro

Umm you lobbed that grenade with the "you're absolutely wrong" comment.

Find out what the conversation is about before taking such a hard line stance on something that clearly I understand and can provide a source for.

There's a million ways to get your point across through a discussion. You chose confrontation. That's on you.

NastyKnies

Feb 20, 2010
Canada

Find out what the conversation is about before taking such a hard line stance on something that clearly I understand and can provide a source for.

There's a million ways to get your point across through a discussion. You chose confrontation. That's on you.
Are you daft, right after I said at, least with 360, are you serious ? I’m sorry I hurt your feelings. Next time I’ll be sure to tip toe with my words to not offend you....

NastyKnies

Feb 20, 2010
Canada

I literally said you where correct.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
Are you daft, right after I said at least with 360, are you serious ? I’m sorry I hurt your feelings

What you said after the condescending part didn't make it any less condescending.

I'm not daft. I just know how to properly converse with people.

Back track this little interaction...and right BEFORE you said: "At least with 360 games." was where you were initially condescending with me.

If your initial comment on page 1:"Once you download its yours to keep :)" was only in reference to 360 games you should have said that before the post on page 2 where you were condescending before saying it.

If people listened to you on page 1 and downloaded NHL 19 via Games with Gold and didn't keep Xbox Live they'd be very disappointed. If you're going to discuss Xbox 360 options in an Xbox 1 free game thread the onus is on you to be very precise about that as the rest are discussing the Xbox 1 game that is free.

Nothing condescending or daft about discussion and clarification. Try it some time.

NastyKnies

Feb 20, 2010
Canada
What you said after the condescending part didn't make it any less condescending.

I'm not daft. I just know how to properly converse with people.

Back track this little interaction...and right BEFORE you said: "At least with 360 games." was where you were initially condescending with me.

If your initial comment on page 1:"Once you download its yours to keep :)" was only in reference to 360 games you should have said that before the post on page 2 where you were condescending before saying it.

If people listened to you on page 1 and downloaded NHL 19 via Games with Gold and didn't keep Xbox Live they'd be very disappointed. If you're going to discuss Xbox 360 options in an Xbox 1 free game thread the onus is on you to be very precise about that as the rest are discussing the Xbox 1 game that is free.

Nothing condescending or daft about discussion and clarification. Try it some time.
How is that condescending? I literally said I was wrong ? Wtf

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
I literally said you where correct.

Are you seriously doing this to yourself?

You also....literally in your very next post...said "Nvm you’re absolutely wrong."

You do understand what nvm means right?

Never mind.

As in....forget my last post.

But sure lets keep this insane conversation going so you can prove another failed point.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
How is that condescending? I literally said I was wrong ? Wtf

Next time you're at work, or school, or day care....tell someone you're having a conversation with that "never mind what I just said...you're absolutely wrong about this" about something and see if it doesn't come off as condescending when you're the one proven to be incorrect.

NastyKnies

Feb 20, 2010
Canada
Are you seriously doing this to yourself?

You also....literally in your very next post...said "Nvm you’re absolutely wrong."

You do understand what nvm means right?

Never mind.

As in....forget my last post.

But sure lets keep this insane conversation going so you can prove another failed point.
Again read the rest of that f***ing post. Stop cherry picking. Failed point? I said I was wrong you dummy

NastyKnies

Feb 20, 2010
Canada
Next time you're at work, or school, or day care....tell someone you're having a conversation with that "never mind what I just said...you're absolutely wrong about this" about something and see if it doesn't come off as condescending when you're the one proven to be incorrect.
I SAID I WAS WRONG YOU DAFT f***ING Pejorative Slur

NastyKnies

Feb 20, 2010
Canada
Keep talking to people like they’re children you intellectual giant, let’s see where that gets you in life.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
Again read the rest of that ****ing post. Stop cherry picking. Failed point? I said I was wrong you dummy

The rest of the post is for you. I was never talking about 360 games.

You're right.

Never mind, you are wrong.

Except for this.

Are you seriously blind? lol.

You literally said "you're right" in one post and "never mind you're wrong.<---(see this period. Meaning end of thought.)" with starting the next one.

The 360 part...again...is you having that conversation.

But you're still arguing over semantics while missing that the thread is for an Xbox 1 game and you're condescending post was the "absolutely wrong" wording. Not "are you sure?" or "What about Xbox 360?" in an effort to find harmony between the 2 posts.

You went right for the confrontation and now want to call me daft but not continue it.

NastyKnies

Feb 20, 2010
Canada
The rest of the post is for you. I was never talking about 360 games.

You're right.

Never mind, you are wrong.

Except for this.

Are you seriously blind? lol.

You literally said "you're right" in one post and "never mind you're wrong.<---(see this period. Meaning end of thought.)" with starting the next one.

The 360 part...again...is you having that conversation.

But you're still arguing over semantics while missing that the thread is for an Xbox 1 game and you're condescending post was the "absolutely wrong" wording. Not "are you sure?" or "What about Xbox 360?" in an effort to find harmony between the 2 posts.

You went right for the confrontation and now want to call me daft but not continue it.
I’m sorry you’re offended alright I’m wrong your right. Does that make you feel worthy ?

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
I SAID I WAS WRONG YOU DAFT ****ING ******

You also said I was condescending....clearly after you started that war with the "Nvm you're absolutely wrong" comment. Maybe grammar is the issue here and you don't even understand that putting a period at the end of that made your "you're right" post mean nothing.

Periods, in English, actually mean something at the end of sentences.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
I’m sorry you’re offended alright I’m wrong your right. Does that make you feel worthy ?

Not what any of this is about. You're still not seeing it. And that's fine. It's only a 2 page thread and not all that difficult to follow where it all started. Which was you essentially shooting the messenger.

NastyKnies

Feb 20, 2010
Canada
You also said I was condescending....clearly after you started that war with the "Nvm you're absolutely wrong" comment. Maybe grammar is the issue here and you don't even understand that putting a period at the end of that made your "you're right" post mean nothing.

Periods, in English, actually mean something at the end of sentences.
You’re not using commas properly.

NastyKnies

Feb 20, 2010
Canada
Not what any of this is about. You're still not seeing it. And that's fine. It's only a 2 page thread and not all that difficult to follow where it all started. Which was you essentially shooting the messenger.
No I get it I just don’t understand why you’re still responding lmfao

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad