NHL 17 Wish List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
http://echl.com/echl-joins-ea-sports-nhl-17-roster-p202747

Not sure if this was on anyone's wishlist but we'll have the ECHL this year. Will be interesting to see if they allow control over minor league contracts and the ability to use the ECHL as an affiliate in Be a GM. In any event, it's kind of neat that they'll be added.

IIRC I heard you will be able to use the ECHL in GM mode, but the interesting part will have to do with the 50 contract limit.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
3 things I would love EA to add back in / fix (and they should be super easy)...

1. Jersey Tuck back in the game

2. Custom camera angles back in the game (I still need an angle higher than "overhead")

3. The ability to "turn off" retired numbers on teams so you can build your own fantasy team, with say the Flyers, and give someone #7

The other thing I would love is a full out FANTASY HOCKEY MODE where you and your buddies can draft your players and when you play, you can choose between the following jerseys...

A. Home team where's "light" but it's comprised of all the players wearing their real light jerseys from their teams (kind of like the skills competition).

B. A custom jersey that you design for your fantasy team and can upload into EA just for your fantasy games.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Based on the "Vision" trailer looks like expansion or relocation is a thing which is cool, looks like the world cup of hockey is also a thing which is sweet. hopefully they let you pick the team for your country that would be a great way to build your "legacy"

Fix Be A Pro please EA, the penalty for simming some games is way too large

Useless if it's not in Be a Pro and Dynasty/GM Mode

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Rammer to be fired along with the rest of his team. Game has gone downhill so bad since he took over, I've never seen such ineptitude with no consequences outside of the Edmonton Oilers.

Thrice

To Be Everywhere...
Sep 27, 2007
Maybe, just maybe, they'll finally let us sign players to AHL contracts.

Seems ridiculous that we've had AHL inclusion since NHL 08 and they still can't seem to figure out the AHL only contract or how to actually handle waivers correctly.

Lemieux66

May 19, 2016
My biggest wish would be for a better drop in system that helps prevent quitters, especially goalie quitters, and just quitting in general. Or at least have "fill ins" like say a shooter does when joining matches.. Have like a quick drop in where it will fill in spots of quitters.

Drop ins I have enjoyed since it's inception, and I find 6 on 6 hockey to be one of the most fun gaming modes out there. But the quitting sucks.. And goalie quitting is double, because I've had my share of lost matches because their goalie quits and the Npc goalie goes into chuck Norris mode and our human goalie just gets eaten alive.

Whether it's quitting and being locked out of drop outs for 10 to 15 minutes, or something where if one goalie quits it ejects the opposing goalie and gives him a win, but then you're still on equal grounds goalie wise.

Just something. That's one of my biggest things for a wishlist.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Whether it's quitting and being locked out of drop outs for 10 to 15 minutes, or something where if one goalie quits it ejects the opposing goalie and gives him a win, but then you're still on equal grounds goalie wise.

Unfair for non quiting goalie. Same should also apply rw for rw, ld to ld ect. When quiting.

Drop in throwing you mid game woulf be better idea

Lemieux66

May 19, 2016
Unfair for non quiting goalie. Same should also apply rw for rw, ld to ld ect. When quiting.

Drop in throwing you mid game woulf be better idea

But if I were a goalie and the other goalie quits and it boots me "with" a win, I'd be happy with that simply because I didn't have to face a major disadvantage.

I don't play goalie tho, but still I've talked to many that do and they hate when the opposing goalie is a AI because it does throw the game out of whack a bit.

But having quick match drop ins yea, I'd take that too. Just to keep 6 vs 6 at all times.

It also needs to let you stay with that team just like any match made shooters do. You join a team, some come and go and if the team stays together then so be it.

These things would greatly improve BAP drop ins

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Hopefully theres a create a team function like there used to be so I can create Vegas and speculate for their roster

MrTaterSalad

May 29, 2011
For Be-A-GM/Franchise Mode I would like it if European players and prospects, on rare occasion of course, threatened to go over to the KHL or not come over here when drafted. I know it is a minute detail and there are a million and one things to fix/add before something like this. This would be a nice little touch added into the game.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
For Be-A-GM/Franchise Mode I would like it if European players and prospects, on rare occasion of course, threatened to go over to the KHL or not come over here when drafted. I know it is a minute detail and there are a million and one things to fix/add before something like this. This would be a nice little touch added into the game.

The game will continue to play the angle that the NHL is everyone's dream. Even for those where it is obvious that they will be sent down to the AHL.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
I wish I could connect a two foot pass. That's literally my only wish for NHL 17.

MikeyP

Oct 1, 2013
Halifax
My biggest wish would be for a better drop in system that helps prevent quitters, especially goalie quitters, and just quitting in general. Or at least have "fill ins" like say a shooter does when joining matches.. Have like a quick drop in where it will fill in spots of quitters.

Drop ins I have enjoyed since it's inception, and I find 6 on 6 hockey to be one of the most fun gaming modes out there. But the quitting sucks.. And goalie quitting is double, because I've had my share of lost matches because their goalie quits and the Npc goalie goes into chuck Norris mode and our human goalie just gets eaten alive.

While I feel your pain, this is a terrible solution. You are punishing the goalie thats doing well (or at least better, presumably). Anyways our prayers have been answered.

NJDevils#4

Since 2002, bishes
Jul 11, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site
Connected Franchise Mode so I can actually play a franchise mode game with multiple seasons w/ friends online, similar to Madden. Fantasy Draft would be nice in that mode also.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I wish I could connect a two foot pass. That's literally my only wish for NHL 17.

Honestly.. how the **** has that not even been fixed in a patch.

These are elite level athletes and they cant control a bouncing puck or make a two inch pass.

But yet I can try to slap it out of my own end and the CPU D man can jump up, catch the puck and fire in a perfect tip shot in the span of one animation.

Don Corleone

Jul 9, 2013
A good game would be a start :laugh: It is impossible for NHL 17 to be great or anything even close to it because the foundation needs serious fixing. NHL 16 at best is just ok and event that is generous.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Among many things for GM mode, picks after the second round need to have a chance of finding talent other than bottom 6 forward, or AHL depth. I know some people have found success but every draft I go through I don' tsee a single player that is better than bottom 6 or a bottom pairing defenseman.

Last edited:

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Among many things for GM mode, picks after the second round need to have a chance of finding talent other than bottom 6 forward, or AHL depth. I know some people have found success but every draft I go through I don' tsee a single player that is better than bottom 6 or a bottom pairing defenseman.

This.

I also think they need more guys to boom/bust(or just add more Low Elite potentials and such). I feel like almost every Med Elite and Med Top 4 guys boom. Sure the high elite and such can be close to guaranteed to be an NHL'er and such, but even then..

Koivu777

Feb 26, 2012
I wish for GM Mode they would allow us to sign players to extensions during the season. Not wait until the off-season to do so.

Also, it would be cool to have suspensions. If a player gets ejected just make them automatically suspended for a few games. Sometimes when my players got ejected I used to pretend they were suspended and scratch them for a few games. I don't know, to me it was kind of cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad