NHL 17 Wish List

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
I am sure they are going to patch some things so lets keep the wish list to major changes that need to be done.

EASHL is pointless with premade builds. I would be ok if they were premade but each time you leveled up you got a tiny bit better. So at level 1 you are like 82 overall but at level 50 you are 88 overal kind of thing. So the difference between 1-10 levels isnt that great but the different between 20 is.

Be a GM fixed a lot of things but not quite everything. Morale system needs a few big fixes but that actually might be able to be done over a patch or two. However I would like to see teams full of scrubs not suck. I have never been able to tank correctly. I just took arizona with an 82 as my highest overall to the play offs. Thats just stupid. This has been a problem for as long as they have had be a gm.

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
I think next year EA will take be a pro series to the next level. I hope they keep adding depth to the modes.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
AI

Love the new AI, but still needs tuning.

- Stop having players stop on a dime, and skate back towards their end whenever I start to challenge them. They either do that, or they stop and skate straight to the middle of the ice. It's frustrating as hell, and it's not what happens in hockey.

- Love that you can no longer pass through 5 guys, or make stupid dekes, literally right in front of defenders/goalies. HOWEVER, it seems that whenever a puck does go lose, whether it be from hitting a skate, stick, or what have you, it goes directly to the AI opposition. Every single time. The "puck luck" if you want it, is 100% towards the CPU.

- Finally, tone down the aggressiveness of the CPU a TINY bit. The game is forced to being dump and chase due to the aggressiveness, and when you play that way, you get into the issue above this one.

I mean, those are fairly minor, and could come in a tuner/update thing.

BAGM

- I know that they said they would need to restructure the entire cap system to do it, but take the time. We need Contract Extensions in season, and NTC's/NMC's.

- Real Coaches would be great.

- Morale is a great addition, but keep improving it.

- Add Media to it. But do it properly. I'm fine with the whole, textbox stuff, though animation would be better, but at the very least, have a large variety of questions, for different teams, in different standing in the league. Big trades, signings, game results etc. Coach Hirings/Firings as well

BAPRO

- Media. See BAGM Media.

- Bring back pre-draft interviews.

- I think a on-ice draft combine of some sort would work. Do various drill mini-games. Maybe this can be a "training camp" thing you do each year as well, and you get evaluated/feedback based on how you do.

- Being able to play for the national team.

- Being able to play the all-star game.

- Allow me to refuse to sign an entry-level deal, should I so wish. We start to see it more and more now, primarily with US prospects. Would be rare, but if I get drafted by ARI, I should be able to turn them down, and they trade me, or I need to play more years in the CHL, etc etc.

It's a small thing, that people aren't going to use EVERY time they play, but it simply adds depth to the game. It's one thing this Dev team lacks, is the ability to put in quick little things, that aren't crucial, but it adds overall depth to the game.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Bigger seperation between overalls. I already edited the Ducks players on NHL16, but just a couple of seasons into be a GM with new players coming in, everyone is back above 80.

Ryan Getzlaf 90
Jason Pominville 85
Jannik Hansen 80
Rob Klinkhammer 75
Travis Morin 70
Joseph Cramarossa 65

That's the kind of seperation I would like to see. That's how they made the games around the years 2000-2009.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
I have been wanting the khl, echl and possibly ncaa for a while

sadly none of those can happen. NCAA is illegal to use the players names and likeness so its not a money thing. They can probably partner with schools and use team names and likeness but definitely not the players.

KHL is a separate organization and although they do work with the NHL they are competitors. You were never going to see a WWF with WCW game in it before the WWF bought them.

Patrice Krejci*

Pastafarian
Aug 12, 2014
Washington DC
Actual choices you can make in be a pro, why can't I demand a trade? The be a pro grading system to be improved, maybe I called for a pass and the player gets checked instead of passing and I get giving a "bad time to call for a pass" it's annoying. Add special teams AI and defensive zone AI that isn't check your own goalie. Bring back the dangler player type.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I can legit just copy/paste my post from the NHL 16 wishlist thread in here, but I'll link it instead.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=96718987&postcount=210

They added some, like the player meetings, but it's nowhere near as in-depth as I had in mind when I made that list. And if I actually sat down and played other modes in NHL 16 (I don't even have the game) I could probably come up with several new ideas.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Actual choices you can make in be a pro, why can't I demand a trade? The be a pro grading system to be improved, maybe I called for a pass and the player gets checked instead of passing and I get giving a "bad time to call for a pass" it's annoying. Add special teams AI and defensive zone AI that isn't check your own goalie. Bring back the dangler player type.

I got one of those when the guy passed to another teammate, who was covered by like 3 guys, while I was wide open. No, EA, it was an awesome time to call for a pass. Your **** AI just didn't give it to me.

There also doesn't seem to be any way to improve your skating in BAP other than in the training junk? Like, there isn't any apparent way to get exp for in-game stuff, and it takes forever to get any a worthwhile amount of exp in the "player training". Maybe my pro will be a decent skater by the time he's 30.

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
sadly none of those can happen. NCAA is illegal to use the players names and likeness so its not a money thing. They can probably partner with schools and use team names and likeness but definitely not the players.

KHL is a separate organization and although they do work with the NHL they are competitors. You were never going to see a WWF with WCW game in it before the WWF bought them.

in nhl 09 i believe there was the khl but with a different name

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
For be a GM I'd like to see

Multi-position players - Ie Stamkos as a C/RW, Byfuglien D/RW. This would increase flexibility for lines, and rosters.

Multi-type players - Ie Toews, Two-way/Playmaker(where Toews is a two-way forward with above average playmaking), Nash Power/Sniper(A sniper with above average strenght and balance). So the player classes would be - Sniper, Playmaker, Powerforward, Grinder, Two-way F for forwards, and Two-way D, Off-D, Def-D.

More line options - Ie 4 PK/PP/4v4 lines. This just makes sense.

Signing player to extensions before their contracts are over.

Improve the moral system - Love the idea, but needs to be improved

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014

Multi-position players - Ie Stamkos as a C/RW, Byfuglien D/RW. This would increase flexibility for lines, and rosters.

Multi-type players - Ie Toews, Two-way/Playmaker(where Toews is a two-way forward with above average playmaking), Nash Power/Sniper(A sniper with above average strenght and balance). So the player classes would be - Sniper, Playmaker, Powerforward, Grinder, Two-way F for forwards, and Two-way D, Off-D, Def-D.

I actually like these ideas a lot. Especially not having multi-position option for players really holds the GM mode back. If I plan to play say 86 overall speedy right handed center on the 1st or 2nd line RW the game will not put him there. Instead it puts a 81 overall grinder there because he's my best RW. This is no n problem for me because I can edit my own lines but the computer team will probably play the grinder.

DollarAndADream

Feb 27, 2012

The thing with KHL is they probably don't want to be on a game named NHL.

I think maybe if they renamed it EA Hockey then maybe they could put the KHL in it?

dragovici

Dec 24, 2013
in orbit
Bigger seperation between overalls. I already edited the Ducks players on NHL16, but just a couple of seasons into be a GM with new players coming in, everyone is back above 80.

Ryan Getzlaf 90
Jason Pominville 85
Jannik Hansen 80
Rob Klinkhammer 75
Travis Morin 70
Joseph Cramarossa 65

That's the kind of seperation I would like to see. That's how they made the games around the years 2000-2009.

Agreed.
Did not know we could edit the players though? That's good, at least.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I wish they would add a bit more to the life of the pro, add some sim-type stuff in there. I'd love to be able to buy a new house and car when my salary increased. Make it so you can use your money to go on vacations, but add in an element of chance, where if you selected to go rock climbing, it might either improve your fitness or give you an injury that carries into the season. Or throwing giant parties during the season might have repercussions. Stuff like that. Yeah, I know this will never happen. :)

Patrice Krejci*

Pastafarian
Aug 12, 2014
Washington DC
I wish they would add a bit more to the life of the pro, add some sim-type stuff in there. I'd love to be able to buy a new house and car when my salary increased. Make it so you can use your money to go on vacations, but add in an element of chance, where if you selected to go rock climbing, it might either improve your fitness or give you an injury that carries into the season. Or throwing giant parties during the season might have repercussions. Stuff like that. Yeah, I know this will never happen. :)

I remeber an old NBA game had an entire life you could live, I think it was nba Ballers. Really cool dynamic.

dragovici

Dec 24, 2013
in orbit

Kinda like merging NHL and GTA V. why not.

badams326

Apr 17, 2014
Nerf the manual right stick deke.
Nerf the A button period.
Un-nerf passing.
Call Tripping penalties on poke check spammers or take Tripping penalties out the game.

Zero

Dec 1, 2003
Arizona
Neutral zone play... definitely wouldn't want them to overdo it, but a little resistance would be a good thing. I have aggression turned up all the way and still skate in nearly 100% of the time.

Attribute effect... they fixed this in '14, where (finally!) the best teams were the best teams, but at the moment Anaheim and Chicago are near the bottom of the league. I've had a few easy games against the better teams and a few struggles against the worst teams, not nearly as bad as pre-'14 though (playoff seedings don't look too bad at the moment).

As mentioned, negotiating/signing players before the offseason.

Probably a few more, but they've done a great job improving the (GM mode) game play this year. The shot accuracy slider doesn't fall off a cliff this year, so I actually found a sweet spot of SOG/missed shots, teammates and the CPU are even more aggressive (have aggression turned all the way up), and teammates will actually use their stick and help out defensively. There's a higher percentage of tipped shots/rebound goals AND a lower percentage of cross-crease passes... play around the net is much improved. Quite addictive so far.

Oh and backup goalies... I had a Devils franchise in '14 and think I only played vs Lundqvist once, I've had two West franchises since and don't remember the last time I played against Quick, etc. It's kind of ridiculous.

Last edited:

habfan72

Jul 15, 2015

Love these ideas especially signing to extensions and multi positions.
I'd also love to see the scouting aspect fixed...irl teams have multiple scouts in different areas of the world.

I'd love to see a scouting engine similar to what Eastside Hockey Manager had, where you could assign all your scouts to the different leagues and leave them there for the season they they'd report back with players scouting reports.

Also another feature from Eastside that would be great would be to be able to hire your entire staff from coaches to scouts, to trainers.

Woo Hockey

@WooHockeyNews
Jul 5, 2014
Worcester, MA
woo.hockey
I'd like ECHL to be implemented and them to add more celebrations than the default celebration where everyone puts their arms up in the air. That celebration became stale after the first few games.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Goal songs in HUT would make this game perfect

I think goal song and mascot cards are pretty much inevitable.

On top of some of the other stuff that's been mentioned, fix the lag in the menus. It's minor compared to gameplay and features, but it gets really old and turns something simple like drafting into a chore.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013

In Be A GM I should be able to change a players position. It happens every single year in the NHL but they games militantly refuse to let me do it. i been calling for it since i think 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad