Hockey Ultimate Team: NHL 17 HUT Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
I actually started to enjoy playing HUT again with the Christmas sets, division rewards, Christmas giveaway, and market crash.

First landed a 86 Overall Jacob Larsson (Fast skater, terrible at checking/hitting though)
Christmas Set- 88 OVR Ryan Johansen
Christmas giveaway- Mike Richards, Paul Bissonnete, Christmas 91 OVR Jack Eichel card, Joe Pavelski
Market crash landed me cheap Joe Thornton, Giordano, Seabrook.

I used to enjoy HUT for collection pack rewards and building your team through that, but I can't afford to complete any with these Carbon Collectibles. If it wasn't for the market crash and these collectible cards given out, I'd have quit playing.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
5 games and 5 points for me, it does the job. It's still early, but I never managed to get one of my player to be a PPG player in DIV and so far, he's that.

He's super fast, a beast on the faceoff and physical... sure is better than my other centers (Linden and 92 Malhotra) so I can't complaint.

A 85 center better ? I want to see your line-up !

Laine - Aho - Puljujärvi
Richards - Matthews - Radulov
Bissonnette - Roenick - Okposo
Pacioretty - Sedin - Nyquist

Lindholm - Ristolainen
Chara - Seabrook
Vlasic - Juolevi

Rinne
Dubnyk

My first line is fire, they score most of my points and usually keep the posession near opponent goal. Puljujärvi has only 81 overall but that doesn't matter because his positioning is so good. I don't know is there some extra chemistry with these players because everytime i try Laine with some other players i can't even create good chances.

Richards works little bit better for me as a winger but still he makes way too much turnovers, maybe i just don't know how to play with him but his dribbling feels very trash comparing to Aho or Matthews. Aho is clearly my most productive center, fast, soft hands and great vision.

Thierry

May 30, 2006
Montreal
Thanks appreciate the help!

Would you have any idea on who i would even contact at EA for that?

I had the game on pre-order and do so every year, i just get bored and some times can take a bit of a break from the game and HUT.

Thanks again!

I'm at work right now and they block certain websites, which include EA, but I did a quick search on google and if you go on www.ea.com/ca/support, there should be a form, a link or even a phone number to explain the situation.

Thierry

May 30, 2006
Montreal
Laine - Aho - Puljujärvi
Richards - Matthews - Radulov
Bissonnette - Roenick - Okposo
Pacioretty - Sedin - Nyquist

Lindholm - Ristolainen
Chara - Seabrook
Vlasic - Juolevi

Rinne
Dubnyk

My first line is fire, they score most of my points and usually keep the posession near opponent goal. Puljujärvi has only 81 overall but that doesn't matter because his positioning is so good. I don't know is there some extra chemistry with these players because everytime i try Laine with some other players i can't even create good chances.

Richards works little bit better for me as a winger but still he makes way too much turnovers, maybe i just don't know how to play with him but his dribbling feels very trash comparing to Aho or Matthews. Aho is clearly my most productive center, fast, soft hands and great vision.

I didn't play NHL for 3 days now and as I said, I played with Richards for only 5 games, I didn't notice the turnover issue but it could be a problem. I guess it also depends on your synergies and your style, the classic "whatever works for you!".

Manny Malhotra use to be my number one center and was close to a PPG, since he's on the 3rd line, of course his contribution decreased, there's also that.

I tend to think that of those "issues" are also in our head. Linden was doing nothing for me for the longuest time, I changed his linemate with similar ratings and then I started to produce with him, I'm sure it psychological :P.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
I'm at work right now and they block certain websites, which include EA, but I did a quick search on google and if you go on www.ea.com/ca/support, there should be a form, a link or even a phone number to explain the situation.

Again, I can't thank you enough.

I got in contact with an online chat support and he said that he could not do anything about it but take it to the forums and complain that i didn't receive the Christmas bonus pack for doing the jersey set.

I'm not sure how this makes any sense but i did post on the forum under the section that someone else already created with the same problem.

I guess someone from EA contacts me now?

This just seems like a strange process.

Feel free to add any thoughts or suggestions.

Thanks,

defjux41

Oct 21, 2013
Since the Xmas Packs came out, I haven't been able to win at all. After a prolonged losing streak, 9 out of 10 or so, I decided to make some wholesale changes. Sold off MacInnis, Weber, Lundqvist and Xmas Murray, bought Redden, Caleb Jones, MOV Forsberg, WC Bryz and TOTW Murray. Swapped to Fiddler to help complete Team Wheel, and team overall is playing much better since:

TOTW Kreider- MOV McDavid- MOV Zuccarello
Xmas Panarin- MS Lindros- MOV Landeskog
MOV Forsberg- Xmas Richards- MOV Stone
IPTOG Balcers- Xmas Draisaitl- TOTW Grabner

TOTW McDonagh- Redden
Byfuglien- MOV Ekblad
IPOTG Jones- IPOTG Saarijarvi

Hoping to upgrade to MOV Byfuglien soon, just waiting for the right price. Would love to upgrade from MOV Ekblad too, but with the synergies I'm not sure where to go just yet.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
A guy rage quit on my yesterday when it was only 3-0. We talked briefly afterwards, telling me he's on a losing streak and can't win anymore. He later admitted he spent 1300$ on his time, it's unreal !

His team was better than mine, but I successfully dressed a very competitive team without wasting a penny on the game. That's the reason why I consider HUT not a pay-to-win, and that's the reason why I enjoy that mode.

You definitely do not need to pay to win. I admittedly have purchased 2 packs in NHL 17 (Movember and Centennial classic) and have not gotten anything higher than 87 overall, and that 87 overall happened to be Caleb Jones. My best player is 88 overall Jeff Carter and with only spending about $20 extra dollars on the game and not gaining any advantage really, I am able to compete too (up in Division 3 right now with 10 total losses).

Plus it gives you a nice sense of accomplishment when you beat those stacked teams where you can tell the guy clearly spent a lot of money to get there. I don't think a lot of people realize that overall doesn't mean better team. With the right mix of mid-to-high 80 overall players + a solid goalie you can easily compete.

Also, I did not get any Richards or Bissonette card either.

Last edited:

BillR10

Nov 16, 2008
You definitely do not need to pay to win. I admittedly have purchased 2 packs in NHL 17 (Movember and Centennial classic) and have not gotten anything higher than 87 overall, and that 87 overall happened to be Caleb Jones. My best player is 88 overall Jeff Carter and with only spending about $20 extra dollars on the game and not gaining any advantage really, I am able to compete too (up in Division 3 right now with 10 total losses).

Plus it gives you a nice sense of accomplishment when you beat those stacked teams where you can tell the guy clearly spent a lot of money to get there. I don't think a lot of people realize that overall doesn't mean better team. With the right mix of mid-to-high 80 overall players + a solid goalie you can easily compete.

In any division other than d1 you're correct. D1 is a whole different animal In itself. Just played a guy who had a decent team, was 64-15 going through the lower divisions winning 8 titles along the way. Then he made it to d1 and just played my team. 8-0 final. Weaker teams can get you to d1 but it's tough to win a d1 title or even stay in d1 without a somewhat stacked top 9 and top 4.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Everyone should read Narg98 NHL Guide if you want get good awards from packs. I hold one of my division title pack about 10 hours and it pay a price, 91 overall Tarasenko who is really expensive player at the game. Thank you Narg, i got lots of good information from your Guide.

Laine was so close today becoming first player score hatrick from my team. Opponent take penalty and after that leave the game. I'm pretty sure i would score in that PP because his PK was trash and PP is one of my best weapons at game.. If you know how to use Laine one-timer at PP it's a huge weapon.

Last edited:

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast

Wait until you get to Div 2 and 1 and then tell me how you feel about winning.

And PS4 or Xbox?

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Just started playing HUT for the first time in a while.

My only useful line consists of Jack Eichel, Daniel Sedin and Gustav Nyqvist cause I'm working with absolute turds otherwise :laugh: :cry:

Though I like my defense. I'm still in the low divisions but Leddy/Boychuk and Risto/McDonagh are doing well.

Just so frustrating sometimes when my goalie has problems and turns into wet tissue. I have a quite average Condon because I'm not gonna waste the in-game currency (Not the pay real $ one) on entire packs and didn't see a better priced one. :(

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Just started playing HUT for the first time in a while.

My only useful line consists of Jack Eichel, Daniel Sedin and Gustav Nyqvist cause I'm working with absolute turds otherwise :laugh: :cry:

Though I like my defense. I'm still in the low divisions but Leddy/Boychuk and Risto/McDonagh are doing well.

Just so frustrating sometimes when my goalie has problems and turns into wet tissue. I have a quite average Condon because I'm not gonna waste the in-game currency (Not the pay real $ one) on entire packs and didn't see a better priced one. :(

PS4 or Xbox?

nilssont

May 27, 2007
So my boy John Gibson got a 55 save win along with 2 shutouts in the last couple of weeks and he got absolutely no POTG or TOTW for it. Thanks :laugh:

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
So my boy John Gibson got a 55 save win along with 2 shutouts in the last couple of weeks and he got absolutely no POTG or TOTW for it. Thanks :laugh:

I think it's 35 save shutout or 40 save with 1 goal for POTG. I know it's 4 points for a forward, 3 points for a defenseman.

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
I don't think you need a stacked team for D1, but you definitely need high 80s base cards at the very least, and especially the right players at the right positions.

You will get absolutely slaughtered for example if you decide to play McDavid, Kuznetsov and Matthews at centre with Josi and Letang on your first pairing.

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
I don't think you need a stacked team for D1, but you definitely need high 80s base cards at the very least, and especially the right players at the right positions.

You will get absolutely slaughtered for example if you decide to play McDavid, Kuznetsov and Matthews at centre with Josi and Letang on your first pairing.

I get absolutely **** on in Div 3 but Div 4 is a cake walk for me.

Smittey

Jun 22, 2011
Most efficient way to the Team Wheel synergy?

Hey guys hoping for some help building my team. So I'm in that rough spot where I'm too good for div 2 but struggling in div 1. My best in div 1 was 4-6 and last season in div 2 I was 1 pt from the div title with 2 games left and lost both gsmes. . Last game was 9-1... I got smoked. So I know if I'm getting beat that bad in div 2 then I stand no chance to ever get the div 1 title with my line up. I'd really love some elite players on my squad and feel this is the only way. I don't have team wheel activated and have a feeling to compete with these divisions I will need it active so I ask those of you with it this:

What is the cheapest way to activate team wheel while still maintaining a competitive squad for div 1? I'm thinking halak and coach for 4 pts and then buying cujo for his team wheel for 5 pts leaving me with just 3 to acquire. I'd like to build a cheap 4th line with all active but can only find 80 scrubs that I feel would really expose my team if I were to dress them.

For those of you with the synergy, what did u find was the most effective way to activate the synergy. Looking for the best balance of cheap and players that can actually keep up in higher divisions. I find the high end players are like 100k and I just don't have the pucks for an 87 Staal that cost 50k.

Disengage

Nov 11, 2007
Hey guys hoping for some help building my team. So I'm in that rough spot where I'm too good for div 2 but struggling in div 1. My best in div 1 was 4-6 and last season in div 2 I was 1 pt from the div title with 2 games left and lost both gsmes. . Last game was 9-1... I got smoked. So I know if I'm getting beat that bad in div 2 then I stand no chance to ever get the div 1 title with my line up. I'd really love some elite players on my squad and feel this is the only way. I don't have team wheel activated and have a feeling to compete with these divisions I will need it active so I ask those of you with it this:

What is the cheapest way to activate team wheel while still maintaining a competitive squad for div 1? I'm thinking halak and coach for 4 pts and then buying cujo for his team wheel for 5 pts leaving me with just 3 to acquire. I'd like to build a cheap 4th line with all active but can only find 80 scrubs that I feel would really expose my team if I were to dress them.

For those of you with the synergy, what did u find was the most effective way to activate the synergy. Looking for the best balance of cheap and players that can actually keep up in higher divisions. I find the high end players are like 100k and I just don't have the pucks for an 87 Staal that cost 50k.

DC Emery and Grossmann give you a combined 4 TW points and they're free. Take the time to do it.

Smittey

Jun 22, 2011
Oh sweet I had no idea. Thanks so much man, guess that's what I will be playing for the next litthe while :yo:

RW8

Feb 10, 2004
For a cheap TW line I used De La Rose, Lindholm and Leivo. I've recently replaced De La Rose and Leivo with TOTW Weise and TOTW Grabner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad