NHL 16 player overalls predictions thread

doug88

May 13, 2011
Geneva, Switzerland
I love how Mozik, who came from Europe and didn't play a single NHL game is automatically worse by like 20 points than garbage players like Glass, Rinaldo, Scott... I can assure he is much better than those goons.

Jaskin is better than Pastrnak? What are they smoking.
Sekac is two points worse than DSP. I remember when the trade happened, and a lot of people said Sekac has more potential while DSP is better right now. Except in this game they have same potential and DSP is straight better.

In the end, there are a lot of weird overalls. (Staal bros are better than Sedins etc.)

They think Europe is rubbish in NA, that's why. They have ZERO knowledge of European hockey over there which is sad.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Hossa is tied for highest durability ?
Last year was the first time in what..8 years ? Where he played the entire season
Yet these guys who have/had Ironman streaks aren't there
What ? :laugh:

I know it's almost a throwaway stat, but still
It amuses me

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
Kopitar has low potential to be a franchise forward....wat

just because he's "old"? while Gaborik has high potential....

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
They think Europe is rubbish in NA, that's why. They have ZERO knowledge of European hockey over there which is sad.

i acually don't think thats the case. you know how you can sign euro players in FA right? if the euro players have too high overall rating the CPU would sign tons of euro players every season for deapth. that would ruin the whole be a gm mode imo becasue that never happens irl.

i'm hoping they bump all newly signed EU-players once the first update comes tho.

edit/add: sure, they could do a MUCH better job with the ratings of players of the EU-leagues but when they don't give a **** about doing the ratings accurate for the NHL, why would they bother to make accurate ratings for players in the czech league for example?

KA BLAMO

Aug 18, 2008
I wish EA would go back to doing rating like in 94 and 95 where plugs and goons are rated in the 40-50 OA range. Instead, plugs and superstars in NHL 16 fall within 14 OA points of each other.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I think you're being generous.

What sucks is that even if you go bonkers on the ratings and edit every player so there's actually an appropriately sized gap between Crosby and your typical 4th line plug, in 3 years everyone has 80+ overall guys populating their bottom 6 again. Doesn't even matter if you fix the current player ratings because the prospect development nukes any effect that has within a couple seasons.

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
Barkov is best suited as a 2-way forward or playmaker going by EA's player styles and Barkov's best IRL asset is his defense yet its his worst asset in the game

Couldn't agree with you more. I was just confused about EA's logic there.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Nowhere near enough separation. Average players should be in the mid 70's, not low 80's. Holden, Guenin, Beauchemin, Stuart, and Zadorov shouldn't be within 3 points of each other. One just came off a season where he lead a team in ice time all the way to the wcf. One shouldn't even make an NHL roster. Insane.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
These are the current ratings for NHL and CHL players, Im going to be making new ones soon to add in all the NCAA players as well (the ones that are notable and or drafted)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes