Hockey Ultimate Team: NHL 16 HUT Thread #17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
P6kkzBP.png

I'm pretty happy with this team. I only have 10k left so I doubt I'll be upgrading to MOV/TOTY Forsberg.

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
P6kkzBP.png

I'm pretty happy with this team. I only have 10k left so I doubt I'll be upgrading to MOV/TOTY Forsberg.
Wow that second line looks really scary, I myself have Mov Bishop (94), impossible to score on....IF you take away the high scoring glitchgalore boys (Short side shelf). Nice team!

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

yep.

I bought Mov McD at 60K, got some lucky mislistings (MOV Hall for 100 coins, MOV Gaudreau for 19K)

I bought Ekblad at 50K then sold him at 75K 2 days later, that one hurt. It was about 4-5 days before FF. Also bought Eichel at 80K, sold him next day for 160K about a month before FF.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
How do you afford a team like this :laugh: I'm jelly

lol.. well.

the following cards are untradeable from collections:

Nash
MOV Panarin
MOV MacKinnon
MOV Kuznetsov
TOTW Zuccarello
Kane
TOTW Komorov
MOV Reilly
MOV Ekblad

MOV Klingberg and MOV Schenn came from SnS because he's a sweetheart.

I've actually sold $450 worth of players and coins as well this year, but I've probably spent close to that in packs as well. I did pull MS Bergeron a couple weeks ago and made some good money off flipping MOV's this year.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
lol.. well.

the following cards are untradeable from collections:

Nash
MOV Panarin
MOV MacKinnon
MOV Kuznetsov
TOTW Zuccarello
Kane
TOTW Komorov
MOV Reilly
MOV Ekblad

MOV Klingberg and MOV Schenn came from SnS because he's a sweetheart.

I've actually sold $450 worth of players and coins as well this year, but I've probably spent close to that in packs as well. I did pull MS Bergeron a couple weeks ago and made some good money off flipping MOV's this year.

tumblr_nfgkhyjAD21u1hrk6o1_500.gif

it'll be nice to actually have the next game when MOVs are out so I can hope to pull some from collections lirl

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
All I got was Josi and Holtby. Like... legit, that was my pack luck this year. :laugh:

Except after I sold everyone and opened a pack a few days ago where I pulled a Parise and D. Sedin lmao.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
All I got was Josi and Holtby. Like... legit, that was my pack luck this year. :laugh:

Except after I sold everyone and opened a pack a few days ago where I pulled a Parise and D. Sedin lmao.

Ouch. The key is to have as many packs as possible for the Movember cards.

Hope you get some that will improve and even if you don't, they could always get flash forward cards which helped with Ekblad, Panarin, and Reilly.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yup its all about the MOVember cards man.

My collection luck was mediocre until the last few weeks.

I had a Subban, Tarasenko, MOV Rask, TOTW Gaudreau, Backes, and a MOV JVR as untradable players on my team but that was it.

However, thanks to the FF cards, and now this weeks TOTY, my untradable MOV Panarin, MOV Rielly, MOV Ehlers, and MOV Hoffman have turned into 4 of my best untradable players.

I dont think I'm going to open a single pack next year until MOVember.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Good ol' shady auction shenanigans going on...Saw a MOV Toffoli get a bid at 125k when there were several on the market in the 90k range. That's been the LPS for well over a week--in the 90's. Someone's selling from one account to their alt so it inflates the LPS so they can then trade their MOV Toffoli to someone at an LPS "value" of 125k.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Good ol' shady auction shenanigans going on...Saw a MOV Toffoli get a bid at 125k when there were several on the market in the 90k range. That's been the LPS for well over a week--in the 90's. Someone's selling from one account to their alt so it inflates the LPS so they can then trade their MOV Toffoli to someone at an LPS "value" of 125k.

Meh.

That's just really dumb and lazy by the person relying on LPS for deciding trades if they accept for that reason.

I could see someone doing that in an attempt to raise the price of MOV Toffoli in general though. Put his LPS up to 125K and all of a sudden people see those 90Ks and think its a pretty good steal. Or when those 90Ks expire they get relisted for more because of LPS. I personally have done this a few times with success every time in increasing the price of my card.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yup its all about the MOVember cards man.

My collection luck was mediocre until the last few weeks.

I had a Subban, Tarasenko, MOV Rask, TOTW Gaudreau, Backes, and a MOV JVR as untradable players on my team but that was it.

However, thanks to the FF cards, and now this weeks TOTY, my untradable MOV Panarin, MOV Rielly, MOV Ehlers, and MOV Hoffman have turned into 4 of my best untradable players.

I dont think I'm going to open a single pack next year until MOVember.

Yeah, I'm probably not even going to play the mode until November. Maybe I'll just stock up on collections and save them all for MOV.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah, I'm probably not even going to play the mode until November. Maybe I'll just stock up on collections and save them all for MOV.

Same.

I wanna make sure to have 50+ collections on all 3 of my accounts that I am using for HUT. I also want to make sure I have pretty much all of the players except for 1 or 2 on the rest of the teams so that it will only take a couple of minutes to finish them once I get into MOVember.

I made so many mistakes this year during MOVember that I dont want to make next year.

I pulled a MOV Tarasenko for crying out loud, sold him for 900K and basically have nothing to show for it now.

Instead, knowing what I know now. I would've just bought a MOV of every single rookie/young player and kept them for the rest of the year. Could have easily had a Panarin, Larkin, McDavid, Eichel, Ekblad, Ristolainen, etc for under 250K back in November.

Slapper

Oct 26, 2015
My best pulls NHL 16. Started HUT on December.
Collections:
Josi
Burns x2
TOTW Chara (88)
TOTW J. Staal (87)
Seguin
Ryan
One of the Sedins.. Which one ever is #33
Couture
Thornton
TOTW Barkov (86)
Kreider
Seabrook
Hamilton (never played him)

Bought packs:

Neely
Kessel
Perry
TOTW Komarov (86)

I've had pretty decent pack luck but I havent had a single 90+ and the best goalive I've pulled is Antti Niemi.

Made my best pucks buying MOVs Larkin+Monahan and selling them after TOTY

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Up to 100k now. If anyone needs more cash to spend on TOTY.. Just loan me Ovechkin and it is all yours ^^

PS4.

If you have him, it just takes 2min and you get 100k. Might be worth it.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I've never played the game from the beginning. How hard is it to build up coins in HUT in the first two months or so? How hard to do collections and what's the market like?

Apr 4, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
I've never played the game from the beginning. How hard is it to build up coins in HUT in the first two months or so? How hard to do collections and what's the market like?

i actually find it easier because some of the mid tier guys go for bigger price tags when the game first comes out.. I think nyquist was going for 50-75k early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad