NHL 16 Be a Pro thread!

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
They seem to have fixed the center issue where a winger would be put to play 2nd line center and have higher overall center playing third line wing. Nice going EA. I always hated playing as a winger because my team's lineups weren't realistic.

teddy83

Nov 2, 2013
Well i just won the QMJHL playoffs, and it was anti-climatic as hell, no trophy presentation or nothing!!! I hope there is at least some kind of trophy presentation if i win the memorial cup?? Thanks EA this game starts to feel like waste of time, there are so many flaws in the be a pro mode, it's not even funny anymore.

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
So I'm playing in the juniors with the London Knights and Marner gets injured for 2 games 45 games into the season. I'm a LW and had Dvorak on the other side, but with the injury, he was put down to the 2nd line and I was given crappier linemates. Marner returns from injury but the lines never get fixed and so he has been a healthy scratch ever since. We're now in the third round of the playoffs.

Thanks EA.

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
So I'm playing in the juniors with the London Knights and Marner gets injured for 2 games 45 games into the season. I'm a LW and had Dvorak on the other side, but with the injury, he was put down to the 2nd line and I was given crappier linemates. Marner returns from injury but the lines never get fixed and so he has been a healthy scratch ever since. We're now in the third round of the playoffs.

Thanks EA.

One of the most annoying things when you play in the CHL. I'd almost recommend you to raise the injury occurrence so that another teammate will get injured. When another injury happens the assistant coach will hit best lines and he'll be back. So annoying though.

LG18

May 10, 2013
Montreal
Not that it bothers me that much, but I'm a LW playmaker on the Tampa Bay Lightning, leading the league in points and assists (6G, 34A, 40PTS in 25 games) and I get sent down because of my lower defensive rating. I don't mind playing in the AHL but I find it funny to be sent down when I'm leading the league in scoring by a 10 points margin.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Not that it bothers me that much, but I'm a LW playmaker on the Tampa Bay Lightning, leading the league in points and assists (6G, 34A, 40PTS in 25 games) and I get sent down because of my lower defensive rating. I don't mind playing in the AHL but I find it funny to be sent down when I'm leading the league in scoring by a 10 points margin.

Boils my blood, I hate the current EA team.

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
Congrats, 102 goals, 66 assists, 168 pts, 177 hits and 144 PIMs in 72 games. Looks like you're in the WHL record books - but you should be picked somewhere in the 2nd round.

Picked 40th overall by San Jose.

11g - 7a - 18pts in 6 preseason games? Looks like you'll be spending the season in the WHL again!

So stupid.

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
I wish there were a way to not start as a super slow skater. It's frustrating being the slowest player in the NHL.

Also wish that I wouldn't be so horribly punished for a shot getting blocked when I just made a great play to keep the puck in at the blue line, a feat that yields no reward.

Also, I wish my d partner wouldn't abandon the crease to go after the guy in the corner I'm already covering.

Other than the little gripes, I love the game. The skating and collision mechanic is great. Goalies aren't walls or sieves. Only wish things like speed and agility could go up more than the paltry 30xp a week.

Aug 6, 2012
Biggest problem for me is trying to screen the goalie and constantly getting passed the puck right in front of the net.

breakingbrad1987

Jan 31, 2016
BAP height & weight

First thing's first. Does ur BAP grow in height and weight each season like they used to? If so about how much will the players grow each season and on average at what age do they typically stop growing. This is important to me cuz I have started my BAP in the CHL at 16 (youngest option) He is a C at 6'1" 204 Lbs. I plan on playing in WHL for a couple years before going to the draft and playing every game w/o simming so I can get as much exp. as I can. I don't mind if he grows a little but I don't want to put all the time and effort into my Pro if he is going to grow to be a behemoth on the ice and grow too big over time. If I knew about what the growth rate was I could estimate better to end up with the right sized player for me. I just don't want to end up with a 6'5" 230 lb forward or such. Can anybody give me A little guidance before I waste my time as I am already in the middle of my first season and need to know if I should start smaller to end up with a 6'1-6'3 max and no more than 210-212 lb player. What age do they quit? Please help me out fellow hockey heads!!!

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
I've been playing BAP a lot over the weekend. It's my first go at the mode and I haven't played NHL games in general a whole lot since it stopped coming out on PC (though I used to play a lot back then).

I've noticed a few weird things that I thought I'd ask about.

1. There's almost no scoring when shifts are simmed. I.e. 95% of all goals happen with me on the ice, both for and against. Since I'm a heavy plus player, this means my team (Sherbrooke Phoenix of the QMJHL) wins almost every game.

2. Also with shift simming, do you also end up with the exact same start to every shift a lot? I.e. seven shifts in a row left of the goalie in the defensive zone for example. It's like the simming just bugs out and rehashes the same groundhog shifts when you're on the bench. Might be related to point 1 (i.e. that groundhog shift not containing any goals).

3. League-wide scoring is low. I have roughly 75 points in 30 games (all-star difficulty) whereas the best AI player not on my team has around 30. That's just around PPG which is pretty low for junior hockey. My production is McDavid-esque (which makes sense since I have franchise potential etc), but no other player is even going to flirt with 100 points. I still have to produce at this level in order to reach my coach's evaluation goals for offense, so I guess I could have 35 points and lead the league, and still be considered an offensive bust by the game?

I've tried googling for answers but not having any luck, so I thought I'd ask around.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
After winning the Selke and putting up a PPG in my rookie season, and starting out my second season with 13 points in 7 games, Columbus decides to send me back to the WHL. I was on the first line at the time and playing every other game.

This game makes no sense.

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
2. Also with shift simming, do you also end up with the exact same start to every shift a lot? I.e. seven shifts in a row left of the goalie in the defensive zone for example. It's like the simming just bugs out and rehashes the same groundhog shifts when you're on the bench. Might be related to point 1 (i.e. that groundhog shift not containing any goals).

This is very annoying. Sometimes I'm stuck on neutral zone faceoff and I can't get a offensive zone start even if I've been only on the ice for two seconds. Sometimes I intentionally try to get the goalie cover the puck like two seconds in of my shift but I'm on the bench right away. And the next shift starts at the zone I'm "stuck" in. I've been meaning to complain about this but I haven't been sure how to put it in words :D

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Went with an offensive defensemen. Don't remember what my stats where, but went 34th overall to Columbus. Sent down the minors.

Dod93Cityt

Do You Believe In Ghosts?
Aug 29, 2012
Canada
The problems I've had for Be a Pro mode is players not coming back after injuries in juniors, Provorov missed half of the season because of this before I got him back in the 3rd round of the playoffs. The other is freezing, there were times I've played a couple really good games only to have it freeze. Another thing is EA's backup saving in the game, its completely pointless to even have what they have it in the game.

But as far as being called up/sent down. I'm pretty sure I've never had an issue with this, maybe once when I did my first one for NHL 11. Currently, my player is playing RW on the Bruins top line 10 games into the season, averaging 2ppg so far.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
I'm playing for the Sherbrooke Phoenix of the QMJHL. Going from season 1 to season 2, goalie Evan Fitzpatrick has suddenly gone from 60+ overall to 56?

Does this happen a lot? Is it a bug or do junior players regress like that? Alexandre Lagacé is now the starter at 58 and I'm probably screwed with that kind of goaltending.

Also, simming to next season simmed past my opening game. Thanks EA. :rolleyes:

Edit: I should add that my team overall screen when selecting jerseys still says 63 for goaltending. WTF?

Stew17

Dec 15, 2014
so annoying, how you actually have to play every single shift, or else you'll get sent down. Even with sim penalty turned off, I move down on the depth chart every time I sim a game or two, even tho I lead the team in points

Hody

Feb 9, 2016
Hello, I've played like half of a season of be a pro. I'm leading my farm team and I'm topscorer of the AHL. I was sent for two games to the NHL and scored 5 points in two games with -1 Stat.

After that games I was told the squad is too bug and somebody needs to go back to minors. Now I'm back at the minors, but playing in 4th line instead of first, but still topscorer in each game and within the 3 stars after the game.

How do you ever make it the NHL?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad