NHL 16 Be a Pro thread!

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Does anyone play really physical with their BAP? My god these charging/elbow penalties are absolutely insane and completely random. In my last playoff game I had 5 minor penalties, all of which were charging/elbowing. Both of those calls are only made in this game on a completely random basis and in BAP it's worse I think...

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
One thing that does need to be fixed are soft picks. I play as my physical RWer and the easiest way to score goals is to roll-out in the offensive zone down low on the right and then head along the boards to the left point. You pass the defenseman and the forchecking players will run into him, every time. Then your right in the slot ready to take a shot.

Too easy, needs to be fixed.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Got sent down even though I was top 30 in points and goals with 20 less Gp than anyone.

Was only a -2 as well. First line to AHL. Doesn't make sense lmao

Brendino

Jan 29, 2007
Shamouti Island
Does anyone know if there's a way to change your Be a Pro's number after you've been drafted? I just did a full season in the WHL, and ended up getting drafted by New Jersey, and they assigned me #30 as a forward. I'd rather not start over again, but it just feels wrong wearing that number.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Does anyone know if there's a way to change your Be a Pro's number after you've been drafted? I just did a full season in the WHL, and ended up getting drafted by New Jersey, and they assigned me #30 as a forward. I'd rather not start over again, but it just feels wrong wearing that number.

No... its really stupid.

teddy83

Nov 2, 2013
Really stupid is that i can't see the NHL standings or stats when i'm playing in the CHL, so i have no clue whatsoever which team has the honor to draft me 1st overall until the draft

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan

I'm in the same boat. The Av's gave me #35. No thank you.

How simple would it be for EA to allow you to change it? The option is right there, but it's greyed out. Grr.

Kyron1988

Nov 7, 2015
I'm new here Got created be a pro I started at 15 in the OHL LW for the Hamilton Bulldogs 54 overall I'm in my second season now and a 75 overall trying to be a higher draft overall then Connor McDavid
He was at 82

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Hope they fix the coaching thing soon
Tiring being a sniper, scoring a goal and 2 assists and still needing to do more to meet the offensive quota

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Hope they fix the coaching thing soon
Tiring being a sniper, scoring a goal and 2 assists and still needing to do more to meet the offensive quota

Its insane. The truly think if you are anything less than 82 points a year you dont belong in the NHL and even at 82 points you are a second liner. Mistakes are weighed way to heavily.

Kyron1988

Nov 7, 2015
Its insane. The truly think if you are anything less than 82 points a year you dont belong in the NHL and even at 82 points you are a second liner. Mistakes are weighed way to heavily.

It is insane for a passing grade you need to score a hat trick and have a assist

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Idk how they manage to make this mode worse every year, but somehow they do.
The insane expectations are especially funny in light of the fact that scoring is so low in GM mode and 2nd tier superstars like Giroux, Tavares, Seguin/Benn, Tarasenko etc. often barely crack 60 points even if they play nearly the entire season.

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
Idk how they manage to make this mode worse every year, but somehow they do.
The insane expectations are especially funny in light of the fact that scoring is so low in GM mode and 2nd tier superstars like Giroux, Tavares, Seguin/Benn, Tarasenko etc. often barely crack 60 points even if they play nearly the entire season.

After last tuner I've seen 130+ point seasons from Benn and Sequin so they're fixing some little things for sure.

Drudes24

Nov 28, 2015
Problem Intervening During Sim in NHL 16 (Xbox one)

So I just recently got xbox one and the first game I bought was NHL 16 of course. I haven't played nhl 15 as I didn't feel it necessary while stil playing on Xbox 360, but in nhl 14 the button to intervene during a sim, was A or X I believe, now it seems on Xbox one it is the new "start" button? But when I'm trying to intervene, an Xbox menu keeps popping up reading "who are you?" And gives me the option to re-sign-in to my account or add a new account.... As frustrating as this is, I'm sure there is a simple solution, whether it's somehow changing the start button's "command" while in gameplay, or whether nhl allows you to configure the simming button options..

Let me know if you know a solution! Thanks for your help.

In It 2 Winnik

TankArmy4Puljujarvi
Dec 28, 2013
Toronto
So I just recently got xbox one and the first game I bought was NHL 16 of course. I haven't played nhl 15 as I didn't feel it necessary while stil playing on Xbox 360, but in nhl 14 the button to intervene during a sim, was A or X I believe, now it seems on Xbox one it is the new "start" button? But when I'm trying to intervene, an Xbox menu keeps popping up reading "who are you?" And gives me the option to re-sign-in to my account or add a new account.... As frustrating as this is, I'm sure there is a simple solution, whether it's somehow changing the start button's "command" while in gameplay, or whether nhl allows you to configure the simming button options..

Let me know if you know a solution! Thanks for your help.

This happens alot on most games for me. I just click my account and away I go. Works almost every time.

Drudes24

Nov 28, 2015
This happens alot on most games for me. I just click my account and away I go. Works almost every time.

Every time I click my account it takes me back to the sim menu and requires me to press the button again.. Which again takes me to the xbox pop up menu. After a few days trying I noticed that this menu pops up now and then but not always.. So I'm assuming there's a way to unassign this button in the Xbox settings somewhere?

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
I've completely given up on trying to do what the coach tells me. I've been stuck on the same coaching tips for half the season and everything's been fine. I'm playing as a playmaking LW, and I don't really have any issues in getting good grades on superstar.

3 points should get me to an A-level grade, while hitting and poke checking gets me in the B-range for team play, and staying close to the opposing defenseman in my own zone on a consistent basis gets me in the B-range for defense. Got to the 1st line in 8 games and have stayed there since, with about 2.5 ppg.

The one thing that really pisses me off is how terrible my defencemen are both at covering the guy in the slot and at passing the puck up and avoiding hitting our own net after winning a defensive zone draw. It's always the same thing. I remember there was a game where I was up 3-0 near the end of the second period and ended up losing 4-3 with 3 goals being the same off-side one-timer setups in the slot. So painfully obvious, but my defencemen can't seem to cover crap all.

Edit: There are times I get A-level grades in defence or teamplay if all goes well and I stick around my guy a lot, get some takeaways, lots of hits, and draw some penalties. Happens here and there, but not often, especially for defense, but that's not my focus anyways, so it doesn't really bother me.

Last edited:

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Is there a way to take shifts and not have the game be 20 minutes long? I don't want to be out for the entire game but each one takes way too long with the time set at real time, which appears to be fixed when playing "authentic" shifts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad