**NHL 15 Thread** Part VI - It's Not in The Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
So after playing for about 3-4 hours total since last night, I might as well list my complaints too.

First of all I like the game (I have no choice since its the only option for hockey), but Im disappointed about all the little things that are missing. I never played EASHL or GM connected, so while most are upset about those elements missing, it didnt bother me at all.

I am bummed that there is no replay archive like NHL 14 had, where you could go back and watch all the goals after the game. Disappointing that you cannot just sim periods in gm mode, and intervene when you want. The whole game is just simmed. Also, there is no way to change jersey numbers once you begin GM mode. (like I said, its the little things that bother me). I see theres a thread about it, but the poke check is pretty busted. I just feel the overall presentation of the game was based around cutting corners, at least for next gen consoles. Im already bored with the goal celebrations of guys standing with their arms open waiting for a hug that may or may not ever come.

Either way, I am going to play the **** outta the game, but still a little underwhelming, even from someone like myself who wasn't expecting much at all.

Last edited:

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Have been playing for a few hours and am having an issue with the "Strategy" box always coming up during gameplay. Not sure if it's because I'm new to PS4 and am pressing the wrong bottom to make it constantly pop up or if it's a glitch, but it's annoying.

I feel like the box pops up during gameplay whenever I use the left thumbstick. The controls show that the box should pop up when you touch the d-pad, which I haven't been.

Anyways, the box is on the screen during about 95% of my game time and makes it hard to see the bottom left or right corner. Not only that, but with the strategy box up on the screen, R1 is no longer useable as the pokecheck button...instead it alters one of your strategies. It's making it much harder to defend as I love to use the pokecheck button.

I'm just using the regular controls and am playing on hardcore and all-star.

Is anyone else having this issue or can anyone offer any insight?

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
If anyone wants some high 70, low 80 level NHL'ers from a scrub who ruins HUT for everyone let me know...or else I'm just going to quick sell them for the 250-350 pucks..

Might keep them to work on collections since I never do that, we'll see. Only have 117 players so far but I'll work on it

SuchySays

Jun 25, 2012
Poconos
If anyone wants some high 70, low 80 level NHL'ers from a scrub who ruins HUT for everyone let me know...or else I'm just going to quick sell them for the 250-350 pucks..

Might keep them to work on collections since I never do that, we'll see. Only have 117 players so far but I'll work on it

thanks for ruining the game for everyone.

tarkus26

Apr 8, 2014
Is there any way to play a season with the CHL teams. I can't understand why they would include the CHL teams if you can't use them in a season or GM mode.

getyourselfsomerest

Jul 22, 2011
ok so Ray Ferraro is definitely in the PS3/360 version. Not sure if he has all the dialogue from current gen but he's there. They did such a poor job at making clear what features were in or out of both gen versions. :shakehead

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
thanks for ruining the game for everyone.

No problem man, guess spending 20$ just destroys the experience for everyone.

I however don't see how anyone can spend 500 or 2500$ on packs tho..Thats just ridiculous. At that point you have so many of the best players its not even worth it..

I sell a lot of the stuff I get. Some of the star plays I don't like using or don't do well for me..I like to target a couple guys and go after them..

My goal this year is to get a Chara...and Bergeron since hes going for 100-200k already...but with Benn/Kopitar I might be able to trade or sell n buy one. We'll see..

Charas always like 250-500k...

The packs are giving out crazy cards so even if you spend the 17,500 coins for a pack I think you can easily make that back if your smart. Which its about time, the packs are usually absolute garbage.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Hey guys, I wanted to start Be a GM tonight, anyone know how to get players ur team wants or needs.

What? You mean trading wise?

Look what other teams have on their trade blocks and go by that..They are pretty descriptive and usually will only trade within their needs unless you severely overpay.

Is there any way to play a season with the CHL teams. I can't understand why they would include the CHL teams if you can't use them in a season or GM mode.

No unfortunately you can't in the next gen version. Pretty disappointed I can't start BAP in the CHL....They may add it later, who knows at this point. 360/PS3 versions you still can tho.

Barzilla

Sep 16, 2009
Dirty O
I'm very disappointed with the game. My gameplay is choppy and not too "next gen"

Nhl14 is a better game which is sad because that game sucked as well.

OCTA8ON*

Can anyone please post the Blues' offense, defense, and goaltending ratings with a list of the player ratings of the roster? I've been looking online and can't seem to find where they are posted.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
Can anyone please post the Blues' offense, defense, and goaltending ratings with a list of the player ratings of the roster? I've been looking online and can't seem to find where they are posted.

Straight from view roster, sorted by OVR

Pie - 90
Backes - 89
Shatty - 88
JBo - 88
Steen - 88
Oshie - 88
Stastny - 86
Berglund - 85
Tarasenko - 85
Gunnarsson - 84
Schwartz - 84
Ott - 83
Cole - 82
Jax - 82
Leopold - 81
Paajarvi - 81
Butler - 81
Reaves - 80
Lappy - 80
Lindstrom - 75

No Lehtera yet, after he plays a game he will be here

Elliott - 86
Allen - 82

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I hate spending real money in HUT, but with a CC attached to my xbox account it is way too easy and can get addicting. I wasn't planning on playing much HUT this year anyways because it really is pointless to spend real money on it.
It is fun when you pull awesome cards though.

OCTA8ON*

Straight from view roster, sorted by OVR

Pie - 90
Backes - 89
Shatty - 88
JBo - 88
Steen - 88
Oshie - 88
Stastny - 86
Berglund - 85
Tarasenko - 85
Gunnarsson - 84
Schwartz - 84
Ott - 83
Cole - 82
Jax - 82
Leopold - 81
Paajarvi - 81
Butler - 81
Reaves - 80
Lappy - 80
Lindstrom - 75

No Lehtera yet, after he plays a game he will be here

Elliott - 86
Allen - 82

Thanks!

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
I live in a small tourist town right now and went to buy the game and they said they sold out at 1 and they won't get any more for a couple weeks. How does the only store that sells electronics sell out in 3 hours for a game that's not even overly popular. Might have to bus to Calgary to pick up a copy but work is really busy right now. This is so ridiculous.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
YAY! More online deke spammers. Can't EA figure out a way to stop this nonsense and make it more realistic.

You mean how they just skate through everything and don't lose the puck...players, sticks, poke checks......

Has anyone else experienced some brutal lag playing online? Last game I played the guy was lagging constantly...just frames at a time, I couldn't get the puck off his stick at all, couldn't win faceoffs at all...it was brutal..I won but it was frustrating as hell

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
I live in a small tourist town right now and went to buy the game and they said they sold out at 1 and they won't get any more for a couple weeks. How does the only store that sells electronics sell out in 3 hours for a game that's not even overly popular. Might have to bus to Calgary to pick up a copy but work is really busy right now. This is so ridiculous.

Can't order online from Future Shop/Amazon etc?

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
I hate spending real money in HUT, but with a CC attached to my xbox account it is way too easy and can get addicting. I wasn't planning on playing much HUT this year anyways because it really is pointless to spend real money on it.
It is fun when you pull awesome cards though.

Like straight gambling...my pay-pal is attached to mine...its tough...but I just spend 20$ in the beginning and if packs go on sale or big discount I might grab a few here and there..

With how good the packs have been even spending the 17,500 pucks seems like a good value. I'm sure EA will nerf the **** out of them cause of people *****ing on the EA forums how they're too overpowered and ruining the game cause other people are too cheap to buy or don't want to..

I don't get it...no one forces you to buy packs..and half the people who do suck at the game..I always took great satisfaction in stomping on guys with totally stacked teams with my garbage team..Yeah they ruin the Auction House and flood it and drive prices but whatever, thats the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad