**NHL 15 Thread** Part VI - It's Not in The Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Holy crap, "Giants" by Bear Hands is in the game!
And they have Porter Robinson too. I really wish they actually played the songs in the menu....

SuchySays

Jun 25, 2012
Poconos
They even removed the practice mode settings? Correct me if I'm wrong but the only way to "practice" now is with your top line center and rival goalie?

The only option it's giving me is Plekanec vs Rask.

No more 5 vs 5, 2 vs 1 etc..?

nope.. just 1 on the goalie.

you can change players if you change your favorite team and move a player to 1C

WiscoBlues

Feb 1, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
I just simulated the 14-15 season in GM mode and the Buffalo Sabres finished with 98 points, good for the 9th best record in the league. The Blues, Penguins, and Lightning all missed the playoffs.

The sim in the NHL series is ridiculously awful and has been for years. I find it sad that EA can't even get that right.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Overalls the menus are pretty slow. Last night when I was opening packs I had to buy a bunch for later and then open as opening them one by one wouldn't even be enjoyable...

BogsDiamond

Anybody get 2 U yet?
Mar 16, 2008
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/nhl-15

61 on critic Metacritic right now. I heard somebody mention earlier that internally in EA, metacritic makes a big difference, so that's nice.

I can verify this.
I was at the Fight Night Round 4 Community Day and during the presentation they mentioned their projected metacritic score several times.
If FNRd4 is any indication, they aim for 90+.

The reviews will definitely get someone a kick in the pants.

While some will be happy with this, it could have major ramifications, like the current team getting even fewer resources to work with.

As much as we all want to believe hockey is a major sport in North America, it's simply not a big player.
The NHL team is an afterthought compared to Madden, Fifa and Live.
They'll never get the same amount of people and money to work with.
Having poor sales, won't help. It'll probably only make things worse.

BogsDiamond

Anybody get 2 U yet?
Mar 16, 2008
I just simulated the 14-15 season in GM mode and the Buffalo Sabres finished with 98 points, good for the 9th best record in the league. The Blues, Penguins, and Lightning all missed the playoffs.

The sim in the NHL series is ridiculously awful and has been for years. I find it sad that EA can't even get that right.

Which is very odd considering everyone is raving about how the 360/PS3 versions finally had the simmed stats fixed. Weird.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
Um.

10672326_1462891877307978_4638146108867444681_n.jpg

:clap: :biglaugh:

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
They even removed the practice mode settings? Correct me if I'm wrong but the only way to "practice" now is with your top line center and rival goalie?

The only option it's giving me is Plekanec vs Rask.

No more 5 vs 5, 2 vs 1 etc..?

Nope it's just one skater vs a goalie now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad