NHL 15: Season Simulation – Ottawa Senators Finish 29th

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
McDavid or Eichel? I am willing for the team to suck this season for a chance at those two.

Now, I am not saying the draft is rigged, but maybe Bettman told Murray and Melnyk he would give them 1st over all if they dropped the Cooke investigation lol

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
McDavid or Eichel? I am willing for the team to suck this season for a chance at those two.

Now, I am not saying the draft is rigged, but maybe Bettman told Murray and Melnyk he would give them 1st over all if they dropped the Cooke investigation lol

Ya know, I love the draft lottery. The concept of any team missing the playoffs getting an instant boost of the first pick is sweet. And discourages all out tanking. Makes it a little more exciting to watch as a fan because of the extra variables involved.

But....imagine how tempting it would be, especially in a year like this one with at least 2 potential superstars in the draft, to be able to place one of these kids in certain markets?

The league has been so focused on getting more penetration in the US TV market (a big reason why Arizona has received so much support), dropping a superstar in a place like Arizona would completely turn that franchise around and boost TV ratings. Or a popular team throughout the US like the Red Wings or Rangers potentially getting that stud...would have a similar effect as the Yankees in terms of popularity, media buzz and all that.

So, so tempting.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
VIA: Nilsen Report

With the NHL season just around the corner, the folks at EA have put out a video that simulates the 2014/15 year.

The Ottawa Senators, my hometown team finish 29th out of 30 teams in this simulation and I am thrilled! CONNOR MCDAVID ANYBODY!?

Only problem with that is 3-4 other teams can tank too, and it could have been all for nothing!

And obviously based on our performance last year, and with pretty well the same lineup this year, you can be sure, they won't be too far off in their prediction! :help:

But I'm going to show a little more optimism and say the Sens will make the Playoffs this year!

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Wait, a coin toss... for every game of the season?

... that sounds interesting, haha.

I actually kind of want to set up a system for that haha...

Though you have four possible outcomes to a regular season game - W (ROW or Shootout), OTL, L. So be harder to do with a coin toss.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
If we did fall this year, next year we could be looking at

LW: MacArthur/Michalek/Eichel
Centre:Turris/Zibanejad/Legwand
RW: Ryan/Stone/Lazar

That top 9. And still have Puempel, Prince, Robinson, Pageau

Skrymir

Jul 7, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
Lol since when EA is a reliable source! their players ratings are so wrong it's ridiculous ! How low is Lazar on NHL15? It's bulls*t!

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
If there's one year I wouldn't mind the Sens to suck (after all, almost every team did it at some point), it's this year. But I wouldn't get my hopes up too much

Sure, Spezza's 75 games and Hemsky 20 games and Kassian 145 minutes of ice-time are going to cause this team to have 17 less pts than last year

Oh I forgot Corvo, hmm yeah that might be reasonable then, unfortunately :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad