NHL 15 Islanders Ratings

Deadweight

Apr 20, 2014
New York, NY
Out of curiosity, what are the potentials of prospects like Ho-Sang ect? Also, is the potential rating the same or similar?

No star system. It says their ceiling and ranks the probability of them reaching itt red (not likely) to white (gaurenteed)

Ho sang said top 9 forward yellow

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
how is pulock a 58?!? the way they rate prospects is stupid

Pulock being a 58 is a joke. Lol 18 points behind reinhart. Also I saw Halak on HUT and he was an 87. Unless someone applied a training to him idk.

No star system. It says their ceiling and ranks the probability of them reaching itt red (not likely) to white (gaurenteed)

Ho sang said top 9 forward yellow

The PS3 version is very diiferent then. Star Ratings are still there and I have different ratings for specific players. Pulock is a 69, Rienhart 76, Pokka 59, Collberg is missing from the game.

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
Are you guys actually getting NHL 15? I feel dirty supporting this game when they left out SO many features, despite the fact that the gameplay is definitely better than previous installments. But still, they are essentially saying "here is a barebones game for 60 bucks" which is messed up in my opinion.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Are you guys actually getting NHL 15? I feel dirty supporting this game when they left out SO many features, despite the fact that the gameplay is definitely better than previous installments. But still, they are essentially saying "here is a barebones game for 60 bucks" which is messed up in my opinion.

they have been hit with outrage... Hopfully they will make downloadable updates and fix the problems.

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia

I only have a PS3. I knew what i was getting before I bought it. I get it every year for my Birthday (starting with NHL '94 for SNES) so its not like I'm out of pocket and I play enough that its worth it anyway.

they have been hit with outrage... Hopfully they will make downloadable updates and fix the problems.

They have already stated that it will have unlockable features over the course of the year to "Keep the game fresh". It was in the announcements months ago.

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL
I like the game a lot thus far, more polished then 14.

Just a warning, not all of the game modes are out on the next gen. That's why I stuck to my 360, there is a lot of growing pains when they install a sports game onto the next gen console.

360 version is fine for me.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
they used to be able to have the announcers say my name now they don't. Im guessing it has to do with Doc and eddie taking over that they just stuck with the NHL names...

The game is so Simple so far..Graphics are great but the fact that they left all this stuff out blows... Cant even Draft in be a GM lol

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
they used to be able to have the announcers say my name now they don't. Im guessing it has to do with Doc and eddie taking over that they just stuck with the NHL names...

The game is so Simple so far..Graphics are great but the fact that they left all this stuff out blows... Cant even Draft in be a GM lol

The lack of depth is absolute killer. I won't be getting my PS4 and making the swap until they patch that back in.

NHL 15 for PS3 however is quite good, gameplay is improved, BAGM is enhanced bigtime, its great.

Deadweight

Apr 20, 2014
New York, NY
The PS3 version is very diiferent then. Star Ratings are still there and I have different ratings for specific players. Pulock is a 69, Rienhart 76, Pokka 59, Collberg is missing from the game.

Thats because the ps3 and 360 versions are basically nhl 14 with updated rosters. The game for old gen should been sold for 20 or 30. But the new gens are missing features and game modes. Gameplay is worth it to me. But im a total fiend. I love playing gm mode trading and simming like the true hockey nerd most of us on this site are. Ea ripped everybody off big time this year. No matt=r what you got it on.

That being said it is still worth every penny to me in my eyes because I enjoy it on my downtime.

I also use it to blow off steam when the isles use. Put it on rookie and **** that teams day up

sorondoe

IslAnders
Oct 10, 2012
Ballroom A
Wow, that 80-84 logjam is back. There really needs to be more differentation in ratings.

Pulock eleven ovr points below MDC, and drafted the year before. I don't get it.

I think 91 for JT is about right, maybe knock Okie down to 86-87 (I love him but I think he needs to put up another great season before that rating is warranted).

Grabner, Bailey and Conacher i.e. are way too high, especially the latter. Grabner should be ~80, Bailey ~78 and Conacher below 75. Grabs and Josh should be able to go up quite a lot if they have good seasons, though. Conacher being higher than Vis is atrocious. :shakehead

sorondoe

IslAnders
Oct 10, 2012
Ballroom A
The lack of depth is absolute killer. I won't be getting my PS4 and making the swap until they patch that back in.

NHL 15 for PS3 however is quite good, gameplay is improved, BAGM is enhanced bigtime, its great.

Would you care to elaborate on this? It would be much appreciated :handclap:

michaelrc51

Jul 6, 2011
I have it for PS4 and when I played at the coliseum it didn't even show the outside of the arena. It showed a bridge and what looked like part of Brooklyn.

Anyone else notice this?

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
Pulled a Crosby in a pack on HUT friday night : ) 2nd year in a row I've pulled him in a pack. Sold him and got Malkin and Quick.

JTforPres2012

Feb 12, 2012
Here's the list of what is omitted from NHL 15 on Next Gen Consoles. This list is mind-boggling.

Modes/Features

No GM Connected
No Online Team Play (when this is patched into the game later this year, it will use real NHL players and teams)
No EA Sports Hockey League
No EA Sports Arena
No Online Shootouts
No Live the Life
No Be A Legend
No Winter Classic
No tournaments or Battle for the Cup
No season mode (you can only play seasons in Be A GM, which is limited to NHL teams)
No NHL 94 Anniversary mode
No custom music support
No create-a-play designer
Cannot customize each team's AI
No create-a-team
No way to edit individual players
Practice mode is now limited to one skater vs. an AI goalie
Gameplay
No custom camera option
No Action Tracker replay highlights
No Top 3 Stars at the end of games.

Be A GM

Yearly draft is fully automated by the CPU
Cannot play the AHL games for your chosen franchise
Players sent down to the minors do not accumulate any season stats
No fantasy draft option
No preseason games

Be A Pro

No option to sim ahead to the next shift
You only play in the NHL; you cannot play for minor league teams
The Memorial Cup tryout period is gone. You now begin by picking an NHL team, or by letting a random CPU team draft you.
No All-Star game
Ultimate Team
Cannot play against your friends
No tournaments
No mobile app

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
Game is pretty awesome, I think they'll add more features soon. I hope so anyway.

I started playing Saturday on PS4, I'm way too good at this game. 4-0 with the Isles online so far. 13 goals, 1 against.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Game is pretty awesome, I think they'll add more features soon. I hope so anyway.

I started playing Saturday on PS4, I'm way too good at this game. 4-0 with the Isles online so far. 13 goals, 1 against.

Game is hella fun. I played the demo and the graphics on the next gen systems are amazing (played on Xbox One). you actually see people walking in the stands, and see people from opposing teams root for their teams in your team's building. Just insane. Plus a lot of fun.

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
I like the skating a lot in this game.

BTW, when I play online it's annoying because the lines are messed up pretty bad. They have Nielsen playing left wing on Tavares' and Okposo's line.

bstash19

Apr 8, 2012
long island
have anyone on the next gen versions (ps4 xbox1) figured out how to edit lines for your ahl players in gm mode. i cannot find this for the life of me.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Here's the list of what is omitted from NHL 15 on Next Gen Consoles. This list is mind-boggling.

Modes/Features

No GM Connected
No Online Team Play (when this is patched into the game later this year, it will use real NHL players and teams)
No EA Sports Hockey League
No EA Sports Arena
No Online Shootouts
No Live the Life
No Be A Legend
No Winter Classic
No tournaments or Battle for the Cup
No season mode (you can only play seasons in Be A GM, which is limited to NHL teams)
No NHL 94 Anniversary mode
No custom music support
No create-a-play designer
Cannot customize each team's AI
No create-a-team
No way to edit individual players
Practice mode is now limited to one skater vs. an AI goalie
Gameplay
No custom camera option
No Action Tracker replay highlights
No Top 3 Stars at the end of games.

Be A GM

Yearly draft is fully automated by the CPU
Cannot play the AHL games for your chosen franchise
Players sent down to the minors do not accumulate any season stats
No fantasy draft option
No preseason games

Be A Pro

No option to sim ahead to the next shift
You only play in the NHL; you cannot play for minor league teams
The Memorial Cup tryout period is gone. You now begin by picking an NHL team, or by letting a random CPU team draft you.
No All-Star game
Ultimate Team
Cannot play against your friends
No tournaments
No mobile app

I have the game for PS3, but it sounds like the actual gameplay is far superior on the PS4. Once all these problems are fixed, I'll buy PS4 and NHL15 with it. Otherwise, it's absurd they took out all these options. Why would they do that?

JTforPres2012

Feb 12, 2012
I have the game for PS3, but it sounds like the actual gameplay is far superior on the PS4. Once all these problems are fixed, I'll buy PS4 and NHL15 with it. Otherwise, it's absurd they took out all these options. Why would they do that?

On the next-gen consoles, they said something like they were so focused on the graphics and gameplay that they didn't have time to add in all the features.......

dtrain24

May 5, 2014
Farmingdale, NY.
Underrated Hamonic big time.

Also, with roster updates, I'm assuming Nelson, Strome, and de Haan will get buffs. At least 85 by the end of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00