OT: NHL 15 features

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Here's the alternate cover with PK Subban on it. Just gotta print it and replace the current one.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=100126

eaN27pk.png

LastRide

Feb 18, 2008
NHL 15 from Future Shop comes with a free steelbook. :naughty:

IMG_31632.jpg

IMG_31642.jpg

Last edited:

Brockoli

Jun 24, 2004
Picked up the 360 version instead of the xbone one. Can confirm that you can do an offline multiplayer season. A shame it didn't make it into the xbone version.

brockoli

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Is it really only NHL 14 with roster updates?

So here's my take on NHL15 on PS3...

First of all, I don't play any offline modes, it's mostly online games.

It really feels like it's NHL14.2. There are some minor changes : it feels a bit smoother (a bit), the goaltenders are better on breakaways (so you'll have to be more creative than doing the left-right glitch), there are more rebounds (the goaltender doesn't magically cover the puck every time) and new commentators. For the rest it's basically the same game.

My friend bought the PS4 for NHL15 and he told me earlier that he couldn't even play with a partner online.

Bottom line... if you mind spending 80$ for NHL14.2 you should wait for deals in December. I didn't mind spending it because it's the only game I ever play, but I get why some people are frustrated.

Oh and Brian Boyle is amazingly slow in the game. I'm pretty sure it's a mistake from the AE crew. Like Asham's too powerful slapshot in NHL12.

Last edited:

68*

LOL @ people who give 70$ every year to a company that keeps making ****** NHL games.

Habsland35

Aug 24, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
I've been buying the NHL series for quite a long time and I've never missed a year since...i have to say I have never been more disappointed than I am today...I bought the game on PS4 and it feels like I just flushed $80 down the toilette... From the commentating to the gameplay to the lack of features...it's just a horrible game...if you haven't bought it yet please save your money

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I've been buying the NHL series for quite a long time and I've never missed a year since...i have to say I have never been more disappointed than I am today...I bought the game on PS4 and it feels like I just flushed $80 down the toilette... From the commentating to the gameplay to the lack of features...it's just a horrible game...if you haven't bought it yet please save your money

Seriously. It's Superman64-bad.

Apr 28, 2010

Same here. I wish I did a little bit of research first. I just assumed there would be EASHL and a season mode. Two main reasons why I bought it and they're both not there. :shakehead

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto

The actual on-ice gameplay is better than its ever been, same goes for the presentation. My only real gripe is the lack of game modes, but I never played EASHL so the only thing I'm really missing is GMC.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
As long as we'unable to edit players and multiplayer season is not in my money will have to remain in my wallet. **** EA and their incompetence.

Habsland35

Aug 24, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
The actual on-ice gameplay is better than its ever been, same goes for the presentation. My only real gripe is the lack of game modes, but I never played EASHL so the only thing I'm really missing is GMC.

Although the game play is smoother and the players look more realistic, I find that there are things that happen during the game that really don't make sense in terms of puck bounces, the way the players fall, etc. The poke check and stick lifts are much less effective so it's much harder to defend...Plus the CPU is much worse than it was last year

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Still playing the trial (since I havent played for a full 6 hours)

is the menu still SLOW? Man the transition animations between menus feels so slow.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
When I started a Be a GM with the Canadiens, the default lines the game gave you had Galchenyuk centering the first line and DD a healthy scratch. I figured you'd like that ;)

That moment when EA sports is more intelligent than your NHL coach...

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Yes, no OTP means you can't play with a friend online either. You can play with a friend vs the CPU though. OTP is being patched in in October, so you'll be able to play then.

You are 100% sure of that? OTP and co-op online vs isn't the same thing.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Yeah... I'll probably buy the 70$ roster update for x360 later today. I feel like some sort of addict when it comes to NHL games, I still buy them even when I shouldn't because they're bad like this year. It's the only game I play tho so I guess it's alright... :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00