** NHL 14 Thread ** (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I've heard a few complaints from the Playstation crowd, but it unanimously seems like on the 360 the sim speeds are great.

My sim speed on 360 is great. A HUGE improvement over 13

Damn I'm on the PS3.

Anyone with a PS3 know how the sim speeds are ?

rgb63

Jan 29, 2009
Comeback code is still in the game. Was winning 3-1 with my habs against the Bruins with 5 minutes left and the Bruins scored 3 times in that period to win 4-3.

Comeback code must be in real life too eh? #BostonToronto

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Still too many glitch goals, find that so annoying. People come down the wing, with the same stick (right wing, right stick) and just snap short side and it goes in 80 percent of the time. Why is it so hard for them to program the goalie to play the puck ? Even when the shot is defended and the only angle he has is short side, it goes in. The goalie falls down and throws the glove and gets sniped on almost every single time. I actually wanna play a game of hockey, not a competition between me and someone else to see who can abuse the glitches the most. EA cannot make a realistic hockey game to save their lives.

Thesaurus

Lyrical Wordsmith
Dec 14, 2011
The Cosmos
Still too many glitch goals, find that so annoying. People come down the wing, with the same stick (right wing, right stick) and just snap short side and it goes in 80 percent of the time. Why is it so hard for them to program the goalie to play the puck ? Even when the shot is defended and the only angle he has is short side, it goes in. The goalie falls down and throws the glove and gets sniped on almost every single time. I actually wanna play a game of hockey, not a competition between me and someone else to see who can abuse the glitches the most. EA cannot make a realistic hockey game to save their lives.
The problem is the game is made and programmed for offline versus play. It plays flawlessly if you face a computer and play legit, EA can't help that players find ways around the programming. If you fix one thing it breaks the next so it's kind of a lose-lose.

glxss

Mar 4, 2013
I was wondering in BAG if players with yellow potential can get up to green potential, anybody know?

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I was wondering in BAG if players with yellow potential can get up to green potential, anybody know?

I think so, I had Casey Cizikas drop from 3.5 green to 3.5 yellow, but then after a good season in the top-six he went back to green stars.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF

they can turn any colour, red yellow or green

btw, since faceoffs still dont develop, has anyone seen any draftees that have faceoffs over 80

in my NHL13 GM's, no prospect in 10 years of drafting, over 6 different runs, ever started with faceoffs higher than 76. which is useless

Road Rage

May 21, 2010
It's me or Galchenyuk is not in the EASHL commentators Name ?

World be pretty Weird.

Mirasty91

Oct 23, 2010
New York
Anybody having trouble with the Online Verses matches? Wasn't bad for me yesterday when I first got the game, until I played vs NYR. I took a 2 min penalty and after my player being in the box for 10 minutes, I was still short handed. Now all day today, no matter who I play, it just seems like I can't do anything at all. My hits are either just bumps that do nothing or the other player skates right past me, my passes are all going where I'm not even passing to, my players dont hold on to the puck meanwhile the other team will just be skating circles no matter how many times I hit/stick lift/poke check. Not to mention, I cant get Joe Finley off my 4th line and put Colin McDonald in! I'm going back to NHL13 for a bit

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK

They do switch, yes.

I've seen 3 and 3.5 star yellow potential players become green. Not sure about anything higher than that though.

It seems more common for players to drop colour potential. (From green to yellow, or from yellow to red). Not so much on my team but on other teams whose prospects I've been keeping an eye on, etc.

The whole dynamic player progress/potential change thing really rewards GMs who are constantly checking up on player trade values. There are a few prospects that I've picked up from other teams because they have dropped in OA or potential colour, and as a result their trade value is very low.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013

Agreed. This game is way cheesier than 13. Now that kids can cross crease pass through three guys again its a scoring frenzy.

AmartZing

Jun 19, 2007
The AI is dumber than ever! When I play live the life, each time the computer dump the puck in my zone, my dman have a hard time getting the puck off that corner!

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
How is the draft and player developement?

Haven't gotten a chance to play NHL14 much, but I was wondering what everyone's opinions are on the entry draft and player development in NHL 14 GM mode. I think the issue with NHL13 was the lack of potential for even mid first rounders, and the zero chance a late round pick becomes at least a decent 4th liner. It seemed to be very strict, while I remember NHL 09 being very lenient in terms of the draft.

Do the players taken in the top 5 and even first round progress?
Any late round steals that you guys have encountered?

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Haven't gotten a chance to play NHL14 much, but I was wondering what everyone's opinions are on the entry draft and player development in NHL 14 GM mode. I think the issue with NHL13 was the lack of potential for even mid first rounders, and the zero chance a late round pick becomes at least a decent 4th liner. It seemed to be very strict, while I remember NHL 09 being very lenient in terms of the draft.

Do the players taken in the top 5 and even first round progress?
Any late round steals that you guys have encountered?

Yeah. Adam Erne went late 1st round and has 4 1/2 stars (Red). Got some 4 star yellows and greens in the 2nd round and a 6th rounder in my last draft who had 3 1/2 yellow stars.

dyzfunctioned

Oct 4, 2012
Man, I'm getting beyond frustrated with GM Connected.

1) In the span of ~3 hours, it froze and I had to reboot 3 times.
2) The menus are still SO damn slow. I've virtually abandoned reading trades and such because it takes 30 seconds just to view a trade and then another minute to load the menu again once you close it.
3) Players dissapearing after trades - seriously, this is just embarrassing. I traded Seidenberg for Alzner and Brouwer and Alzner never showed up on my team. Same thing with another trade where I traded Iginla and some prospects for Shattenkirk and Tarasenko. Tarasenko vanished. This goes beyond frustrating and legitimately ruins the mode.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I have yet to come across a true steal, but I did draft a guy in the second round that ended up having 4.5 Red star potential and is an 86 overall 3 years after being drafted. That's miles better than any second rounder I found in '13.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad