OT: NHL 14 PS3 GM Connected League: NSH/NJ/CGY/WPG available

Avec Fromage*

NEWS! Updated: 22 Aug 2013 at 12:13 PM.
A lot of people have been asking me about switching teams if one they want becomes available, so I'll clear this up now. If someone leaves the league, everyone can put in a request for the team, but the next person who joined after the leaving player has priority. Think of it like a waiver claim. Here's a hypothetical example:

TMLBlue75 decides to leave the league. I make a post in this thread about it. For the following 24 hours, anyone who joined after TMLBlue75 (including waitlisters) can put in a claim for the team. However, Brody has priority because he joined the league directly after TMLBlue75, so if he puts in a claim, the team is his.

This is ONLY for before the league is made in the game. Once that begins and you're invited, you have to stick to your team.

For the lottery to determine who receives NJ's forfeited 1st in 2014, everyone (besides NJ and me) will pick a number from 1 to 29. I have created a Gmail account and sent that account an email with the winning number so that it is timestamped (4:04 pm EST today). Whatever number is left unpicked will be my number. Once everyone has picked a number, the email account and password will be released so everyone can see what the winning number was determined to be prior to the picking. Whoever got that number will receive the pick. You may post your chosen number in this thread. You may not switch numbers unless your # was already picked by someone and you didn't notice.

PSN friend requests will go out soon. You may also add me if you would like to make my life easier: Avec_Fromage. Missing PSN from MoreMogilny.

*NEW* #4 *NEW*
Teams will be updated to include any moves until the league begins. E.g., Montreal signed Douglas Murray today. Only the Montreal GM can put in an offer for Murray if he's still an FA in the game.

---

This topic is for a GM Connected League. First come, first serve. I'll also start a waiting list for those who miss out.

GENERAL RULES
  • You have two days to play as many opposing games you can vs. another player. All unplayed games and games vs. computer will be simmed.
  • Games are 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, etc. Even number of players on each team unless both players are okay with it.
  • If you need to be inactive for a little while because of a busy work/school/vacation/family/whatever, please inform me so you won't be kicked.

TRADE RULES
  • No trades with CPU GMs.
  • Draft picks may only be traded from the two upcoming drafts.
  • Be aware of your roster space before making a trade. However, if a player is placed on waivers and you wish to keep him, inform me and I'll void any claims.
  • You may not trade a signed UFA until four months after the signing occurs.
  • Typically, trades will not be vetoed. Bad GMs exist and bad trades happen. If you want to trade five star players for Stamkos, then that's that. However, if it's obvious a GM is just screwing around and blowing up their team (e.g., moving Stamkos for just a pick), or making ridiculously unfair deals (as decided by me), those will be vetoed. If the veto is contested by both GMs, it may be put up to a league-wide vote.
  • Conditional picks are allowed, but (both GMs) run the condition by me first and then (if I give the okay) make the trade without including the pick. If the condition is fulfilled later on, the pick will be traded immediately to the appropriate owner. You may not trade picks that are involved in conditions until it is determined that the condition can not be fulfilled.

TEAMS & GMs

Last edited by a moderator:

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
Montreal actually please

Price is gonna shut everything down!

PSN: s13gt2871r

No one add me unless you're the commish please.

Last edited:

Avec Fromage*

Updated. Please leave PSN IDs as well.

If anyone is interested, GM Connected updates as per Gameinformer:

GM CONNECTED

The troubled GM Connected online experience is coming back with a few tweaks to improve usability.
One NHL developer spent almost all year working to improve the cripplingly slow menu navigation. GM Connected now runs at a much faster speed comparable to what you see in the front end of the offline Be A GM mode.

EA added several tools to improve the minute-to-minute experience of being in an online league. GMs now have a schedule that shows who has played games in the league instead of depending on the messaging system to check that.

The revamped messaging system now allows GM-to-GM as well as GM-to-commissioner messages. You can also counter-propose trades directly from your mailbox or refresh the mailbox without exiting the menu.

You can now decline and accept trades from the trade detail screen.
New commissioner improvements include an "invite to league" functionality and surfacing gamertags so it's easier to tell who is controlling which team.

EA has added a time period in before the league starts so teams can make trade offers and other roster alterations before stepping on the ice for their first game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leafs For Life*

Since a PS3 gmc worked so well last year.. :laugh: And you made this a month before the game comes out? Plenty of people will lose interest in that time.

Avec Fromage*

Updated. Also, some more updates to both the online and offline GM modes:

• Both GM Connected and Be A GM add many of the changes implemented in the new collective bargaining agreement between the NHL and NHLPA. The changes include new salary cap and floor calculations and the ability to trade part of salaries. Since the development team doesn't have many real-world examples of how teams plan to use these new rules, they are working with the NHL directly to understand the parameters of the new guidelines.
  • You can still buy players out, but EA is still discussing whether or not to include the special buyouts that NHL teams can enact this offseason and next to get under the downsized salary cap.
  • NHL 14 is not adding the free agent interview period like the real league is implementing.
  • Last year's questionable trade logic isn't being scrapped, but EA has added new trade difficulty slider that should lessen the restrictiveness of the GMs who last year would only willingly part with prospects and over-the-hill players in the last year of their contracts.
  • EA is still tuning the trade logic on top of the new slider functionality as well.
  • Players now improve during the season, though some only grow in the offseason. This adds another layer to the progression system. This should help you see young players' skills progress more steadily instead of waiting for the offseason to know if he's NHL ready.
  • First-round draft picks are more likely to get skill jumps much earlier in their careers. Like last year, lower-round players won't likely reach the NHL skill level until they are in their mid-to-late 20s.
  • Skill progression doesn't take into account player performance on the ice or the amount of playing time they receive in the minors as much as EA Canada would like it to in the future. This means you don't have to worry nearly as much about high-round draft picks sitting behind career minor leaguers on your AHL team as you would in real life.
  • EA isn't doing much to change player regression, so the older players won't have a major drop-off in skills.
  • The GM firing option is now a league setting. You can turn that off or on at any time.
  • EA has some plans for tweaking the front-end menu system, but it isn't going into details on that right now.

HeroNtF

Jul 9, 2012
I will take ottawa ! Believe psn is HeroNtF

So stoked that it should actually work this year.. 13 gm connected was so dissapointing

akiberg8

Jun 12, 2007
Ill take the Bruins if that's okay.

PSN: I think it is d-rends

I am not home and will edit if need be

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad