Nhl 13

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
The goalies in NHL13 are ridiculous. One minute they'll make some sprawling save from one side of the crease to the other, then they'll let in some backhand muffin from the point without a deflection. It's SO annoying lol.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
The goalies in NHL13 are ridiculous. One minute they'll make some sprawling save from one side of the crease to the other, then they'll let in some backhand muffin from the point without a deflection. It's SO annoying lol.

Yeah it's pretty bad. Broke my controller the other day over it losing a HUT tournament in the finals from a flutterer that even Brian Elliott could have saved.

But I just started a new Be a Pro. Power Forward Center, 17 years old playing for Erie Otters on Superstar.

Nicky Santoro

May 23, 2012
Montreal
Hey guys, can someone pls help me? First of all, i have never loved a game in my life like NHL 13. I am so in love with it. I swear i have probably played over 9,000 games in my life of this. I am addicted. I've created over 400 players. I've created the best of the 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's.. and of course the Centennial Habs with Beliveau, Guy, Rocket, Harvey, etc...

Now here is my problem. I have Pass Assist, Pass Speed, Pass Accuracy all maxed up.. I avg about 85% passing each game, and i play on All Star. However, no matter if i play on rookie, or PRO, or AS, why is it so hard to pass to from one D to another D. even sometimes i try to make a pass to an open man 10 feet in front of me and it goes nowhere near him. I pass from one D to another and it goes right to the opposing player and they score.

is there a trick u guys can tell me to do? maybe raise or lower my setting (maybe Pass Speed), to help make my passes more predictable? It's so frustrating. What am i doing wrong? thanks

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Either adjust the AI or this is what I do in FIFA, practice with crap players and teams and everything will seem much easier when you go back to good players.

Nicky Santoro

May 23, 2012
Montreal
Either adjust the AI or this is what I do in FIFA, practice with crap players and teams and everything will seem much easier when you go back to good players.

Thanks bleed.

But i don't know how to adjust the AI. i even have Pass Interceptions at 0. I have CPU Difficulty at 0. And i even play with Manual Passing OFF... I swear i'll avg 85% passing each game, but the easiest and i mean, easiest passes from one D to another is always an adventure. It hardly ever goes smoothly. I have probably cost myself over 600 goals in 2 yrs by just passing from Subban to Markov in my own zone with no one around. They just can't connect the pass to each other. I wish i can do what i see on TV with those crisp tape to tape passes, but it never happens.

Any suggestions on how to play around with the AI setting? Should i lower pass speed, should i raise Puck Control??? thanks

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Try pressing R. that's what I usually do. Point the stick at the guy you want to pass to

Nicky Santoro

May 23, 2012
Montreal
Try pressing R. that's what I usually do. Point the stick at the guy you want to pass to

Kirk, thanks for the response. But what is an R button? i have xbox.. I aim well and 85% it goes well, but about 3% of the time, i aim a pass, and it goes right to another player and they score.

So when i aim it and press R at same time, will that help the passes make it get exactly where i want? Where is R again? thanks

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Kirk, thanks for the response. But what is an R button? i have xbox.. I aim well and 85% it goes well, but about 3% of the time, i aim a pass, and it goes right to another player and they score.

So when i aim it and press R at same time, will that help the passes make it get exactly where i want? Where is R again? thanks

the right trigger R. also make sure you hold it down a little longer to make a harder pass. Also like in real hockey, it doesn't always go perfectly, so 3% of the time failure doesn't seem like too much of a problem

Nicky Santoro

May 23, 2012
Montreal
the right trigger R. also make sure you hold it down a little longer to make a harder pass. Also like in real hockey, it doesn't always go perfectly, so 3% of the time failure doesn't seem like too much of a problem

Ok, so maybe 3% maybe is just normal then. i will continue what i'm doing. my passes are usually tape to tape, but sometimes it gets so frustrating as making a pass from one D to another never works. i miss the other D by 10 feet. I can't do what i see on TV when i pass from one D to another.

Also, final question. each time my goalie freezes the puck, the whistle is blown instantaneously. In NHL 09, i can pass it to my D, and it gave me about 4 secs. now if i don't release it right away, whistle blows after 1 sec. Is there any way i can give myself more time to pass to my D..

I have it goalie passing 0
goalie cover up frequency 0.

What am i doing wrong and is there a way i can avoid the quick whistle. It'll really speed up my games. thanks

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Ok, so maybe 3% maybe is just normal then. i will continue what i'm doing. my passes are usually tape to tape, but sometimes it gets so frustrating as making a pass from one D to another never works. i miss the other D by 10 feet. I can't do what i see on TV when i pass from one D to another.

Also, final question. each time my goalie freezes the puck, the whistle is blown instantaneously. In NHL 09, i can pass it to my D, and it gave me about 4 secs. now if i don't release it right away, whistle blows after 1 sec. Is there any way i can give myself more time to pass to my D..

What am i doing wrong and is there a way i can avoid the quick whistle. It'll really speed up my games. thanks

I don't have NHL13 but in NHL14 there is a setting that deals with quickness of whistle in the settings menu I think

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas

Just imagine how Bouwmeester feels.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Just imagine how Bouwmeester feels.

tumblr_inline_mp1b9l5SHX1qz4rgp.gif

Nicky Santoro

May 23, 2012
Montreal
also pls, does anyone know what is the easiest level? Is it Latest Casual, is it V1.00 default? Is it Current? i get so confused with these titles? what is the difference?

I see Hardcore, Casual, Default, Current.. is there a diff between them? Is V1.00 easier than Latest, or current? omg, i am so confused. any type of help to make this game much simpler would be appreciated.

I just played a game and my passing really was so off.. and i even played in PRO, and all the setting are maxed in my favor. pass assist, manual passing off, pass interceptions at 0, CPU Difficulty, 0.. you name it.. and all my passes are way off, or intercepted. I hate this.

PLEASE HELP. how can i make passing very simple? any tips.

Nicky Santoro

May 23, 2012
Montreal
D to D passes work in the Xbox One version of NHL 15, but always was a problem before that.

Thank you, Xmas.. that explains it.. i thought it was only me. i hated myself and felt like a loser cause i couldn't even pass 12 feet to another D. Even a 97 overall Bobby Orr screws up an 8 foot pass to a 93 overall Ray Bourque.. So freakin frustrating. and sometimes i aim it to another D and it goes right on the stick of a forward on another team and bam, they score.

2 weeks ago, GM 7 OT.. Subban passes to Markov with no one around, and it goes on another stick and they score. I swear, i almost smashed my xbox controller. I threw it across the room and thankfully, it landed on the sofa. 60 bucks saved.

1 month ago, i make a 4 ft pass to the player in front of me and it goes a whole diff direction and to another player and i lose in game 7 OT again in the Conference Final and i was so mad, i tossed the xbox console against the wall.. thankfully, for some reason, it didn't break. 240$ saved. i learnt my lesson. but this game really aggravates me with the passing inconsistency.

But thankfully, u said nhl 15's passing doesn't do this. i hope to god passing is on the money.... if yes, I think i will get it next yr (nhl 16). thanks again.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00