***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 5)

• Thread starter Leafs For Life*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueJacket

Sep 9, 2012
Can someone tell me the potential/Overall of : Cam Atkinson, Ryan Johansen, Tim Erixon, Steve Mason, Sergey Bobrovsky, Adam Henrique and Ryan Murray? Thanks in advance.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Well, I pre-ordered it online, and I'm pretty sure it should ship to my house as I entered my address information,

But if what you said is true, I actually preordered it at Toys R Us, and I think the nearest one by me is 1-2 hours away. ****.
If you're on PS3, cancel your preorder and order online on the PSN Network. You'll have it available for download on September 10th at midnight. Woot woot!

Would anyone be able to tell me who on the Habs has their actual real life faces in the game. I feel like the habs get the fewest game face-real face matches in the game along with Pheonix.
Plekanec, Pacioretty, Subban, Price.

Gionta is really close but I'm pretty sure it's not his actual face.

All faces look 100% better though. So even guys who don't look 100% lifelike, they look a lot closer because they added so many faces with lots of detail.

I didn't look at everyone though.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Speaking as someone who hated NHL 12 and didn't expect this game to be anything special:

NHL 13 is superb and by far the best hockey videogame of all time. And I haven't played HUT or GM Connected. On gameplay, Be a GM, etc. offline alone, it's easily worth the 60 bucks. I've never had more fun playing a sports (maybe any) game before in my life.

Well done EA.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
By the way put zero stock in prospect ratings. Teenage players are measured on a different meter than adult players.

For example, MacKinnon in my Be a GM was a 60 overall with all of his stats above 70. Within two years he had jumped to a 79.

SteelCitySaviour

Nov 12, 2005
Pittsburgh PA
I agree. at first blush it looks like nhl 12 11 10... but the models are improved and the gameplay is fantastic. played two games, won 3-2 and 4-2, and scored seven different goals.

great players play like great players. each type has value though, as grinders can muck it up and cycle to keep pressure on while fast guys FLY, perhaps a bit too much.

i can't tell you how fun it is to catch the d flatfooted and burn them.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
By the way put zero stock in prospect ratings. Teenage players are measured on a different meter than adult players.

For example, MacKinnon in my Be a GM was a 60 overall with all of his stats above 70. Within two years he had jumped to a 79.
Could it be his poise ? I know that in NHL12, when a player got to 75 in poise, his overall jumped by 2 or 3. Maybe it's the same way in NHL13 but with different values and a higher "jump".

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010

That's because the new OVR calculation is exponential rather than linear.

It's why if you drop ONE key attribute from 99 to 36, you can see your OVR drop 34 points.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Tell me if I am wrong,

Green: 100% will make his potential
Red: Very good chance of reaching his potential
Yellow: Might reach his potential
White: Already reached his potential

?????????????

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Could it be his poise ? I know that in NHL12, when a player got to 75 in poise, his overall jumped by 2 or 3. Maybe it's the same way in NHL13 but with different values and a higher "jump".
Poise no longer adds a static bonus once certain levels are reached (no attribute does this year).

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Tell me if I am wrong,

?????????????

Yellow and Red are switched.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Tell me if I am wrong,

?????????????
You're wrong.

Green > Yellow > Red > White

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Tell me if I am wrong,

?????????????

Red is that he's pretty unlikely to reach that potential.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Poise no longer adds a static bonus once certain levels are reached (no attribute does this year).
Good to hear. It was completely dumb to have a static bonus once certain levels of poise were reached. If it's based on age, then that's much better. And seeing how much Murray seems to improve within one season, it seems like there will be much more prospects that will be NHL ready within one season or two - where many took 3-4 years in NHL12.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa

Poise only adds a bit to your Overall this year, but it doesn't have as big of an effect as last year. Faceoffs/Speed/Acceleration also now all add to a player's overall. Last year Faceoffs didn't do anything and speed/acceleration had to be over 90 to really add any points.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

I haven't fooled around with around with BAGM, is the potential rating what he's going to be or how well he progresses? Would it make a difference what rating he starts out with? Is 4.5 star potential capped at a certain number?

WhatASaveDave

Feb 3, 2010
toronto ontario

how did the 2013 draft go? did MacKinnon go first overall?

LilySmoov

May 14, 2011
Edit: ^MacKinnon does go #1.

What are you supposed to do with a prospect in the 60's with 4.5 potential? This overall isn't even enough for the 4th line, but at the same time you have to give icetime so that you see a progression. If I put him in the AHL will he at least go up to the 70s in a year?

If you're talking real young guys, there's no harm in keeping them in the CHL. I drafted one kid 6th overall, ~60 rating, kept him in the C, and he jumped to 84 after one year.

PookDo

Sep 7, 2008
My only two complaints on Be a Pro is that my bar goes down so quick and I give up the Puck to easy.I have to wonder if both are because my overall right now is 68

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I think they finally fixed the framerate issue. It feels smoother to me this morning.

This game is a huge improvement over NHL 12. Actually feels like hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad