***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Wow, I got jumped on for my demo comment. What you will play on release day is what you are playing in the demo, minus slider adjustments.

Just like the Madden demo.. . Which is identical to the actual game.

But hey, keep holding on to your false hope.

Yeah a ton of ea f boys here, demos are generally finished products because this is not a beta test, demos are supposed to encourage people to buy the product not test it, its called a demo not a beta.

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
So, they got rid of the LS down "3 burst speed" function? As far as I can tell if you hold it down, your player will start powerskating right away, but he will do it automatically after a second or 2 anyways.

Is this correct?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Anyone score any highlight reel goals? Or is everything just text book? Haven't had access to my Xbox since the demo came out..

Can't really. If you beat the D one-on-one, they cover the entire ice-span in a nano-second and clobber you from behind, since that's a legal and realistic play in the NHL.

hockeybpr25

Dec 31, 2009
Wow, I got jumped on for my demo comment. What you will play on release day is what you are playing in the demo, minus slider adjustments.

Just like the Madden demo.. . Which is identical to the actual game.

But hey, keep holding on to your false hope.

Really? I think the madden is noticeably better than the demo.

hockeybpr25

Dec 31, 2009
So, they got rid of the LS down "3 burst speed" function? As far as I can tell if you hold it down, your player will start powerskating right away, but he will do it automatically after a second or 2 anyways.

Is this correct?

They didn't get rid of it, you just need to hold it down and up now instead of pushing it multiple times

DG

Sep 19, 2006
Toronto
somebody on a different forum said that he saw that Doug Gilmour, hasek, and kurri as some of the legends that are going to be in the game (I'm not sure if his story is credible, but these guys seem like they can be legends). Some idiot said that doug gilmour shouldn't be legend. IMO I think that Gilmour has done enough to earn the right to be a "legend". My question is that do you guys think he is a "legend"?

Yes, Gilmour is definitely legend worthy. Hell, Roenick was one last year... Gilmour is at LEAST on that level.

Last edited:

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
I got pissed off at my NHL 12 copy about a month ago and threw it in the garbage.

Can't wait for 9/11.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Yes, Gilmour is definitely legend worthy. Hell, Roenick was one last year... Gilmour is at LEAST on that level.

Gilmour definitely worthy. I like the addition of Kurri. Surprised Orr wasn't in the first batch, especially since he's still involved in the game, you'd think licensing wouldn't be a huge deal. Some day :nod:

Falco5

May 18, 2012
Anyone score any highlight reel goals? Or is everything just text book? Haven't had access to my Xbox since the demo came out..

No incredibly notable goals yet, but some of the saves I have seen are crazy. I saw Quick make flying Orr type leap to make a save on a one-timer. He was horizontal at the same height as the crossbar.

Thierry

May 30, 2006
Montreal

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver

i scored a couple. inside outside move on a defender with a loose puck deke and then sniped it top shelf with Yakupov.

With another player (forgot who I was) skating to the point from behind the net (along the boards almost) spun off 2 defenders which gave me an angle to the net, skated on net and sniped it home.

I had a couple more but don't remember them as well as these 2 were the best ones.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
"For the first time in any sports video game, players can choose a professional female athlete for their line-up, and for Wickenheiser that fact is still sinking in."

Someone didn't play Tiger Woods PGA Tour...

Not my radio station so I don't care. But she is in the game, its on her's and Gilmours twitter's.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
"For the first time in any sports video game, players can choose a professional female athlete for their line-up, and for Wickenheiser that fact is still sinking in."

Someone didn't play Tiger Woods PGA Tour...

Or Top Spin

At any rate ... that's really cool. Good for Haley!

moz

Gute Post
Oct 30, 2006
Ottawa
I guess if you narrow it to a team sports video game, but I'm pretty sure there's professional beach volleyball games out there...

Still a positive development. On the other hand, I've been waiting five years for EAsportsworld.com to allow female avatars, so!

RehnX

Jun 28, 2011
Indiana
I decided to not make this a thread just because it would be clutter and stupid for a simple question.

But does anyone know of any GM connected(on 3600) leagues that are running co-op(at least 5 on 5) and still have teams available? It seems like everyone is just starting 1v1 leagues.

If not, I'll be starting one soon.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I wonder what she is rated, I doubt they would put a legend at 60 overall

I'm sure she'll be mid to low 80's. She's the best women's hockey player by far. I'm guessing her shooting and hockey type IQ stats will be pretty high. Obviously hitting will be low but she can be physical.

She played in a men's league in Finland for a few years and had an actual tryout with the Philadelphia Flyers.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Can anyone guess these legends?

A1aI-24CUAEj9lm.jpg:large

Wickenheiser and Gilmour are in there somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad