***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccaber16

Aug 18, 2010
The way that it's supposed to work now is that if the AI doesn't list that player as available, it will take a substantial overpayment to get him.

Also, with the new contract logic, stacking your team w/ elite players means you're going to lose a lot of guys when their contracts expire.

Where is there information on new "contract logic"?

Kellogs

G'night Sweet Prince
Dec 23, 2008
Ottawa
Is it me, or does it seem odd that this "new" player growth model predicts that 9 years from now, out of the top 54 players in the league, the majority of them are currently stars, and not a single one of them is under the age of 28?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Looks fantastic, but I still do have a problem with prospects.

A defenseman that 6'3 - 220 pounds shouldn't have a physicality of a 1 star. Yes I know it's under yellow and he looks like a OFD, but still that is kind of odd. Make him, 6'3 - 180 pounds for more of a realistic situation.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011

A defenseman that 6'3 - 220 pounds shouldn't have a physicality of a 1 star. Yes I know it's under yellow and he looks like a OFD, but still that is kind of odd. Make him, 6'3 - 180 pounds for more of a realistic situation.

I'm not too worried about that. There are plenty of kids with big frames that don't use them. Not every big bodied player is physical. Just like not every small player is fast.

Mason10

Bacon
Feb 11, 2012
Vancouver, BC

he's also a real player :laugh:

Chris Pronger

Valar morghulis
Jan 20, 2011
Canada
WOW , best news so far.

And Krishna, what's the problem? EASHL will be 1000000 times more realistic this way. 99 in every offensive stats is not fun.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010

He's listed at 227 lbs in real life ... So they should take 47 lbs off him just to make it seem realistic?

Also, how do you know it's not realistic? Do you know how he plays (you don't because you didn't even know he was real)? Are big guys always physical (i.e. Dany Heatley)?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
If there areno glitch goals in 13 I will not havea problemith the no backout after you are matced with a team.

The only time my club backs out is hen we have a ai goalie and are playing someone with 30kpoints in 2k games.

We do usualy beat glitchers but no the pro gltchers that never miss
If you have an AI goalie, why back out? You can't glitch an AI goalie. Just match goalie for your opponent.

Damn.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
WOW , best news so far.

And Krishna, what's the problem? EASHL will be 1000000 times more realistic this way. 99 in every offensive stats is not fun.

No, now you go from people loading up on a few stats to everyone having their stats maxed

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Is this a good pre order deal?anyone else heard/get this sort of deal?

From the Norwegian game site I usualy pre order from, translated from Norwegian to English..

Pre-order NHL 13 on gamezone.no and get 16 Gold Packs of Hockey Ultimate Team mode. You get a package every week for 16 weeks on the road to building your own Ultimate Team!

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
No, now you go from people loading up on a few stats to everyone having their stats maxed

I don't think that's what they are saying.

I'm a playmaker, therefore I can pass better than a sniper but I can't shoot as good as a sniper. A sniper will never be able to pass as good as me, but I will never be able to shoot as good as him.

Makes a lot of sense. I just wish they'd bring the dangler build back, by far the best one for me.

I'm not a sniper, I'm not a playmaker, I'm the type of guy who tries to stickhandle through his opposition and uses quick hands to disarm the goalie and score. I don't score from distance and I don't thread passes through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad