B.Stuart - Phillips
Engelland - Sulzer

Goalies:
Bryzgalov
Turco

pensrule2011

Apr 5, 2012
Dallas Stars win the Stanley Cup!!!!
Conn Smythe goes to Kari Lehtonen and he breaks an NHL record for most shutouts in one postseason with 8!
He also posted a 1.28 GAA and .954 Save Percentage!

Michael Ryder scored the overtime Stanley Cup winning goal also.

He also I think made the biggest jump going from an 80 3rd line SCR to an 85 1st Liner!

Ray Whitney and Stephane Robidas retired which made me sad because now I need to find a Right Defender to play alongside Goligoski :help:

Barkov jumped to 72
Granlund 71 to 75
Murray 80 to 84
Siemens 75 to 80
Lehtonen 85 to 86
Goligoski 83 to 85
Larsen 78 to 80
Campbell 69 to 73

By the way now that I won probably not going to post as much

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I just a trade from the Wild, Brandon Sutter and a 2nd for Mikael Granlund so easy to accept.

matt1396

Jul 28, 2012
Toronto
I had a pretty good season, although I was eliminated in the 2nd round by the Hurricanes. William Karlsson my 1st round pick from 2 years ago had 68 points alongside Crosby and Gaborik who had 104 and 93 points respectively. He then jumped to an 83 in the offseason. I had Raycroft my 4th round pick also from 2 years ago jumped to an 82. Gaborik went up to a 90, while Malkin is now a 92. I claimed Tyson Barrie off waivers from the Avalanche and now have Despres, Dumoulin, Raycroft, Barrie, Morrow, Pouliot, Harrington, Maatta, Connor Murphy, Wotherspoon and Subban as very solid defensive prospects.

Last edited:

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
AVS TAKE DOWN BLUE JACKETS IN 6
April 26, 2014

While many Columbus fans may be disappointed that the club did not make it out of the first round, Blue Jackets GM Mackenzie is optimistic about the future of the club.

"We won our first playoff games in franchise history and we got the experience we need to go further next year," he said. "Young teams don't just step into their first ever playoffs and win the Stanley Cup. You have to lose to be able to learn what it takes to win, so I'm not disappointed at all."

The Colorado Avalanche took a stranglehold 2-0 series lead at home only for the Blue Jackets to battle back to tie the series in Ohio. The team showed that same gumption by battling back from a 3-0 deficit in the 3rd to push overtime in Game 5 only to drop a heartbreaker in the extra frame. However, that was all the fight Columbus had left as they were summarily decimated by the Avalanche in Game 6, losing 5-1 and getting outshot 32-18, generating only 2 shots in the 3rd period while the Avs pumped 15 shots on Bobrovsky. Winger Andrei Kostitsyn led the way for the Avs in the final game, scoring a hat trick and adding another assist for a 4-point night.

2013-2014 COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS PLAYOFFS SUMMARY
Western Conference Quarter-Finals
vs. #2 Colorado Avalanche (47-25-10)

Game 1: COL def. CBJ 6-2
Game 2: COL def. CBJ 5-4
Game 3: CBJ def. COL 2-1
Game 4: CBJ def. COL 4-1
Game 5: COL def. CBJ 4-3 OT
Game 6: COL def. CBJ 5-1

Record |4-2
Goals For |16
Goals Against |22
Power Play Efficiency |0%
Penalty Kill Efficiency |94.4%

SKATER | GP | G | A | P | +/-
Derick Brassard|6|1|3|4|+1
Vinny Prospal|6|3|1|4|+3
Tomas Kubalik|6|2|1|3|+1
Nikita Nikitin|6|2|1|3|-2
Derek Dorsett|6|1|1|2|-4
Artem Anisimov|6|0|2|2|-1
Jack Johnson|6|1|1|2|Even
Fedor Tyutin|6|1|1|2|-3
R.J. Umberger|6|2|0|2|+1
David Savard|6|0|2|2|-1
Brandon Dubinsky|6|0|1|1|Even
Nick Foligno|6|1|0|1|-4
Derek Mackenzie|6|1|0|1|-5
Cam Atkinson|6|1|0|1|+1
Adrian Aucoin|6|0|1|1|-4
Jared Boll|6|0|1|1|-3
Matt Calvert|6|0|1|1|-5
James Wisniewski|6|0|1|1|-1
GOALTENDER | RECORD | GAA | SV% | SO
Sergei Bobrovsky|2-4|3.59|88.4%|0

Conference Quarter-Finals Matchups
#1 Nashville Predators (51-25-6) def. #8 Chicago Blackhawks (39-31-12) in 6 games
#2 Colorado Avalanche (47-25-10) def. #7 Columbus Blue Jackets (41-32-9) in 6 games
#3 San Jose Sharks (44-33-5) def. #6 Vancouver Canucks (42-31-9) in 7 games
#4 Minnesota Wild (49-27-6) def. #5 Detroit Red Wings (41-25-16) in 6 games

#8 New York Rangers (42-33-7) def. #1 Toronto Maple Leafs (55-25-2) in 7 games
#2 Pittsburgh Penguins (45-30-7) def. #7 Florida Panthers (42-32-8) in 7 games
#3 Carolina Hurricanes (42-31-9) def. #6 Montreal Canadiens (41-31-10) in 6 games
#5 Philadelphia Flyers (43-31-8) def. #4 Buffalo Sabres (44-29-9) in 6 games

Conference Semi-Finals Matchups
#4 Minnesota Wild (49-27-6) def. #1 Nashville Predators (51-25-6) in 5 games
#3 San Jose Sharks (44-33-5) def. #2 Colorado Avalanche (47-25-10) in 5 games

#2 Pittsburgh Penguins (45-30-7) def. #8 New York Rangers (42-33-7) in 5 games
#3 Carolina Hurricanes (42-31-9) def. #5 Philadelphia Flyers (43-31-8) in 5 games

Conference Finals Matchups
#4 Minnesota Wild (49-27-6) def. #3 San Jose Sharks (44-33-5) in 5 games

#3 Carolina Hurricanes (42-31-9) def. #2 Pittsburgh Penguins (45-30-7) in 7 games

Stanley Cup Finals
#4 Minnesota Wild (49-27-6) def. #3 Carolina Hurricanes (42-31-9) in 7 games

Last edited:

bigwoz62

Sep 7, 2012
Victoria, BC
I'm guessing Rinne, Suter and another D over 80 must be hurt.

My AHL 3rd pair is usually better than that.

I was wondering this too, that's a brutal team, their third pairing D aren't even 65 overall :laugh:

What's even more shocking is the rating of their goalie, having a good goalie is extremely important in the sim engine

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
:habs

Lockout Lifted, NHL Will Play 42 Game Season

7351604.bin

Commissioner Gary Bettman announces the news to fans.

Finally, after three horrible months of boredom, fans of the NHL can cheer again - their favourite league is back. The NHLPA and the league came to an agreement over a new CBA and the season will begin on January 10th, 2013. It will last 42 games, so that the Stanley Cup Finals will finish in mid or late June. The Habs will begin their shortened campaign with a match in Philadelphia against the Flyers.

"We're excited to finally get things going," said Montreal captain Brian Gionta. "It may have taken a long time, but we've finally created a CBA that is great for both sides."

Here is Montreal's starting lineup for the 2012-13 season:

Cole (85) - Plekanec (86) - Gionta (83, C)
Pacioretty (84, A) - Eller (80) - Bourque (84)
Armstrong (78) - Desharnais (79) - Moen (79)
Prust (78) - White (75) - Gomez (79)

Markov (86, A) - Subban (85)
Gorges (83) - Kaberle (80)
Diaz (75) - Emelin (74)

Price (90)
Budaj (75)​

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa

Habs Make Blockbuster Trade At Deadline

i

Meet Gustav Nyquist, the newest member of the Montreal Canadiens.

As much as TSN hyped up the 2013 NHL trade deadline, it was pretty quiet. The only blockbuster trade involved two original-six teams: Detroit, and obviously, Montreal. The Red Wings are, as usual, on pace to make the playoffs. However, like last year, the Canadiens are struggling, with a record below .500.

Habs GM Deku Scrub announced at 1:30pm on Wednesday that he had sent veteran blueliner Andrei Markov, AHL forward Blake Geoffrion, and a 2nd round pick acquired from Calgary to Motor City in exchange for 23 year old left winger Gustav Nyquist and 19 year old right winger Martin Frk.

"I feel our offense is severely lacking right now," said Scrub. "Nyquist is a fantastic prospect though. With guys like Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Bozon, and Frk developing, we're set for the future on forwards. Not to mention Pacioretty and Eller. It's tough to let a guy like Andrei go, but it's time for us to move on, and we wish him the best of luck in Detroit."
Andrei Markov spoke with the media shortly after. "I want to thank everyone in the Canadiens organization... for giving me a chance to succeed, and meet my full potential," Markov said. "It was great to be here for so long - it's a great city here in Montreal... but I thank Mr. Scrub for sending me to another great city in Detroit, and a great team, too."

Gustav Nyquist will finish the season in the NHL with the Canadiens, as opposed to playing in the AHL, where this season he has put up 51 points in 55 games for the Grand Rapids Griffins. Martin Frk will stay in Halifax of the QMJHL for the rest of the season, and is expected to make the jump to the AHL next season.​

Last edited:

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa

Another Season Down the Toilet for Montreal

ennis.jpg

Sabres sniper Tyler Ennis fires a wrist shot past Canadiens backup goalie Peter Budaj while former Habs defenseman Andrei Markov watches.

Although not quite as disappointing as the 2011-12 campaign, the Montreal Canadiens failed to make the playoffs again this year. In a shortened season, the Habs finished with a record of 18-22-2, landing them 6th last in the NHL.

"This year was certainly disappointing," GM Deku Scrub told the media. "But I think we're going to turn it around soon. I don't know how many more years guys like Cole and Gionta have left in them, but I know this team has a lot of good young talent coming up in the future, and we should pick up another young stud with our high draft pick this year. Things are looking good for us right now, and I think it's a great time to be a fan of the Montreal Canadiens."

The Habs are set to draft 6th overall at the NHL Entry Draft this Sunday, and rumor has it that they are looking to move up a few spots in the draft. Stay tuned.​

Evets 81

Dec 29, 2012
B.C.
Got an Oilers GM going, sim most of it and am now in about 2018.

T. Hall(89)-R. Nugent-Hopkins(90)-J. Eberle(89)
M. Paajarvi(81)-D. Krejci(85)-N. Yakupov(80)
T. Rajala(80)-A. Lander(81)-T. Tatar(82)
B. Prust(76)-L. Bouma(79)-D. Clarkson(80)
S. Fournier(79) A. Cogliano(81)

N. Leddy(84)-J. Petry(85)
N. Schultz(83)-D. Musil(82)
M. Marincin(81)-R. Ristolainen(81)
L. Bystrom(78)

T. Bunz(83)
A. Makarov(78)

My roster the year before, which I won the cup in, was MUCH better, but due to cap issues, I couldn't resign a couple of my best players(Booth[84] and Johan Gustafsson(sp?)[88]),along with a couple others, and my the quality of my roster took a bit of a hit. But, this team is still doing pretty good for me, and if I remember correct, I'm still close to the top of the standings into December of that season.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa

Canadiens Trade Up in Draft, Select Seth Jones

Jones%20IMG_8598%20304x2911643.jpg

"First of all, we'd like to congratulate the Chicago Blackhawks on their Stanley Cup championship," said Habs GM Deku Scrub at the podium. "We'd also like to thank our great fans in Montreal - it's been a rough last two years. And also the Los Angeles Kings, for giving us this 3rd overall pick."

That's right, the Canadiens made another blockbuster trade - Deku Scrub's second trade since taking over the franchise. Before the 2013 NHL Entry Draft began in New Jersey on Monday, he sent the 6th overall pick, the 68th pick, and forward prospect Louis Leblanc to LA in exchange for the 3rd overall pick and right winger Tyler Toffoli. "We really didn't have room for Louis, which is why I decided to shop him." GM Deku Scrub commented after the draft. "LA showed interest, and we were able to make a deal. We've already got Galchenyuk, Eller, Plekanec, and White at the center postion, to name a few. I also know that Tyler Toffoli is a great young winger - I saw him play junior in Ottawa, he was fantastic. Of course, trading up to 3rd overall was just icing on the cake."

Now back to the draft: "Let's get right to it." said Mr. Scrub. "With the 3rd overall pick, the Montreal Canadiens are proud to select, from Portland of the WHL, Seth Jones."

"Oooh, this is a great pick for Montreal!" exclaimed TSN's Pierre McGuire, on the air. "Their fans are gonna be happy. They really need defenseman, so this isn't much of a surprise to me, but Seth Jones is a franchise player. He might not crack the NHL roster this year, but he's only a year or two off. Get ready Montreal - you've got a great player here. I can't wait to see him alongside PK Subban!"

(Seth Jones is 18 years old, 69 overall, with 4.5 green stars.)​

bigwoz62

Sep 7, 2012
Victoria, BC
You should have bit the bullet and PAID Gustaffson. He has won 4 or more Vezinas in a row!

Got an Oilers GM going, sim most of it and am now in about 2018.

T. Hall(89)-R. Nugent-Hopkins(90)-J. Eberle(89)
M. Paajarvi(81)-D. Krejci(85)-N. Yakupov(80)
T. Rajala(80)-A. Lander(81)-T. Tatar(82)
B. Prust(76)-L. Bouma(79)-D. Clarkson(80)
S. Fournier(79) A. Cogliano(81)

N. Leddy(84)-J. Petry(85)
N. Schultz(83)-D. Musil(82)
M. Marincin(81)-R. Ristolainen(81)
L. Bystrom(78)

T. Bunz(83)
A. Makarov(78)

My roster the year before, which I won the cup in, was MUCH better, but due to cap issues, I couldn't resign a couple of my best players(Booth[84] and Johan Gustafsson(sp?)[88]),along with a couple others, and my the quality of my roster took a bit of a hit. But, this team is still doing pretty good for me, and if I remember correct, I'm still close to the top of the standings into December of that season.

FlyingSkate

Sep 17, 2012
Brand New Machine
Following Steve Tambellini's failed Oil Change, the Edmonton Oilers were in desperate need of a management change. Here's a look back, under the leadership of Tambellini.

2012-2013
Record: 38 W - 35 L - 9 OTL - 85 PTS
Goals for: 202
Goals against: 219
Playoffs: Did not qualify

Starting Lineup
Taylor Hall - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Jordan Eberle
Ryan Smyth - Sam Gagner - Ales Hemsky [A]
Magnus Paajarvi - Shawn Horcoff [C] - Ryan Jones
Ben Eager - Eric Belanger - Darcy Hordichuk

Ryan Whitney [A] - Jeff Petry
Nick Schultz - Corey Potter
Ladislav Smid - Theo Peckham

Devan Dubnyk
Nikolai Khabibulin

Free Agent Signings:
G Marty Turco
C Broc Little
C Jack Connolly
LW Nikita Filatov
G Dwayne Roloson

Surprising alterations in the lineup includ keeping Justin Schultz with the Barons for one year, moving Paajarvi up to the big club, and keeping 1st overall draft choise Nail Yakupov with the Sarnia Sting.

One week before the trade deadline, Tambellini made a shocking move, swapping fan favourite Ryan Smyth for New Jersey's first round pick in the upcoming draft. During another tearful exit from Edmonton, Captain Canada had this to say: "I'm very disappointed to once again be leaving my home. I had been assured that I would be able to finish my career in Edmonton, and feel that I had been contributing to the future of the Oilers." Following the trade, Kristian Huselius was signed to replace Smyth on the second line.

On the day of the deadline, veteran goaltenders Nikolai Khabibulin and Marty Turco were dealt to different team. Turco was moved for a second round pick from the Ducks, who were unsatisfied with Swedish netminder Viktor Fasth, while Khabibulin returned a second rounder from the Bruins, hoping to solidify their crease for a playoff run. Tambellini wasn't finished yet, as he sold off Corey Potter to the Coyotes, for a third round pick.

Prior to the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, Tambellini was offered a 1st in 2013 and a 2nd in 2014 from the Blackhawks for winger Ales Hemsky, which he couldn't refuse. With Nail Yakupov ready to join the Oilers next season, they needed to make room on the wing. Former free agent signing Kristian Huselius and the Oiler's 4th rounder were also traded, to the Washington Capitals for their 2013 2nd.

2013 Entry Draft
Notable draftees include:
TWF Sean Monahan - 1st round (3) All-around centre taken after MacKinnon and Jones. Expected to take over second line center in the future.
OFD Ryan Pulock - 1st round (8) Wheat Kings defenceman shows his prowess on the powerplay, but is adept at playing in all situations.
PLY Morgan Klimchuk - 1st round (30) Coming from the same club as Jordan Eberle, Regina Pats alum Klimchuk makes great passes.

OFD Jordan Subban - 2nd round (33) Youngest of the Subban brothers, Jordan was taken higher than expected after a less-than-spectacular season with the Belleville Bulls.
TWF Tanner Eberle - 2nd round (42) An extended cousin of Oilers star Jordan, Tanner plays a different game, relying on grit rather than finesse.
GRN Viktor Nikitin - 2nd round (49) Russian right winger was drafted for his defensive abilities, as well as his speed.
SNP Juuso Ikonen - 2nd round (51) Finnish sniper is expected to return his hometown club, the Espoo Blues, in the SM-liiga for at least one more year.

TWF Kyle Wong - 3rd round (68) A jack of all trades, Wong is able to play all three forward positions, but specializes in the faceoff circle.
PLY Adam Tambellini - 3rd round (88) Son of General Manager Steve, Adam was drafted earlier than many predicted, and was a questionable decision.

Awards

Stanley Cup: Chicago Blackhawks
Calder Cup: Oklahoma City Barons
President's Trophy: Ottawa Senators
Clarence S. Campbell Bowl: Chicago Blackhawks
Prince of Wales Trophy: Pittsburgh Penguins
Art Ross Trophy: Jason Spezza (OTT)
Hart Memorial Trophy: Steven Stamkos (TBL)
James Norris Memorial Trophy: Joni Pitkanen (CAR)
Lady Byng Memorial Trophy: Steven Stamkos (TBL)
Calder Memorial Trophy: Teuvo Teravainen (CHI)
Conn Smythe Trophy: Corey Crawford (CHI)
Vezina Trophy: Cam Ward (CAR)
William M. Jennings Trophy: Roberto Luongo (VAN)
Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy: Robert Scuderi (LAK)
Frank J. Selke Trophy: Pavel Datsyuk (DET)
Ted Lindsay Award: Cam Ward (CAR)
Maurice Richard Trophy: Alexander Ovechkin (WSH)

2012-2013 Summary
Devan Dubnyk was counted on to play the majority of the game, and that he did. Playing 78 games, Dubnyk posted a 2.39 GAA and .923 SV%, along with 6 shutouts. Dwayne Roloson was brought back into organization, and provided stability in Oklahoma City, ultimately winning the Calder Cup. Moves are expected to be made to alter the look of the bottom six, adding more players that are able to provide the sligest of offence, rather than just the hard-hitting Eager and Hordichuk.

The draft was an interesting one for the Oilers, as they picked up several players that others believe would have been available at a later time, including Subban, Eberle, Nikitin, and Tambellini.

The Blackhawks captured their second cup with Toews at the helm, sweeping Crosby's Penguins in four games. The Russians reclaimed their crowns, with Ovechkin as top goalscorer and Datsyuk as best defensive forward. Joni Pitkanen put up an astonishing 10 goals, 44 assists, good for 54 points.
their trophy wins.​

matt1396

Jul 28, 2012
Toronto
it was a tough offseason for me. the draft was weak, I had Malkin drop to a 91, Crosby to a 95, Letang to a 90, William Karlsson to a 81, Gaborik to an 89, Giordano to a 84 so I basically had the majority of my team drop. Fleury went up to a 87, Despres to a 81 but those were the only big one's.

pensrule2011

Apr 5, 2012
I was wondering this too, that's a brutal team, their third pairing D aren't even 65 overall :laugh:

What's even more shocking is the rating of their goalie, having a good goalie is extremely important in the sim engine

Actually found out that Rinne was hurt in the last game of their series but he came back in Game 2 after we shut them out in Game 1 :laugh:

mighty mason

Jan 1, 2013
Hi I'm new to this site I have a team with Toronto. I have made some moves like getting Matt duchene and was thinking about getting Ryan nugent Hopkins and scheifile. I have Ryan Murray as well but was curious about Boone Jenner how good does he get ?

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
MINNESOTA WILD 2014 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
June 6, 2014

The Minnesota Wild won their first Stanley Cup in franchise history last night by defeating the Carolina Hurricanes in an exciting game 7 by a score of 6 to 4. This sparked outrage towards the Columbus Blue Jackets organization, the Wild's expansion cousins, who have yet to win a single playoff series and were not able to win their first playoff game until this post season.

GM Mackenzie didn't have much to say on the subject except that fans should be pleased with how the team is shaping up for next season.

2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs Recap

Conference Quarter-Finals Matchups
#1 Nashville Predators (51-25-6) def. #8 Chicago Blackhawks (39-31-12) in 6 games
#2 Colorado Avalanche (47-25-10) def. #7 Columbus Blue Jackets (41-32-9) in 6 games
#3 San Jose Sharks (44-33-5) def. #6 Vancouver Canucks (42-31-9) in 7 games
#4 Minnesota Wild (49-27-6) def. #5 Detroit Red Wings (41-25-16) in 6 games

#8 New York Rangers (42-33-7) def. #1 Toronto Maple Leafs (55-25-2) in 7 games
#2 Pittsburgh Penguins (45-30-7) def. #7 Florida Panthers (42-32-8) in 7 games
#3 Carolina Hurricanes (42-31-9) def. #6 Montreal Canadiens (41-31-10) in 6 games
#5 Philadelphia Flyers (43-31-8) def. #4 Buffalo Sabres (44-29-9) in 6 games

Conference Semi-Finals Matchups
#4 Minnesota Wild (49-27-6) def. #1 Nashville Predators (51-25-6) in 5 games
#3 San Jose Sharks (44-33-5) def. #2 Colorado Avalanche (47-25-10) in 5 games

#2 Pittsburgh Penguins (45-30-7) def. #8 New York Rangers (42-33-7) in 5 games
#3 Carolina Hurricanes (42-31-9) def. #5 Philadelphia Flyers (43-31-8) in 5 games

Conference Finals Matchups
#4 Minnesota Wild (49-27-6) def. #3 San Jose Sharks (44-33-5) in 5 games

#3 Carolina Hurricanes (42-31-9) def. #2 Pittsburgh Penguins (45-30-7) in 7 games

Stanley Cup Finals
#4 Minnesota Wild (49-27-6) def. #3 Carolina Hurricanes (42-31-9) in 7 games

JACK JOHNSON TAKES HOME BILL MASTERTON MEMORIAL TROPHY AT NHL AWARDS
June 18, 2014

Columbus defenseman Jack Johnson became the second consecutive Columbus defenseman to win the award for perseverance and dedication to the sport of hockey. Defensive partner James Wisniewski won the award last season.

Sidney Crosby, Daniel Sedin, and Pekka Rinne all took home multiple awards at this year's event. Crosby took home the Art Ross Trophy, for accumulating the most points, the Frank J. Selke Trophy, for the league's top defensive forward, and shared the Maurice Richard Trophy, the award for the most prolific goal scorer of the year, with Phil Kessel. Daniel Sedin took home the Hart Memorial and Lady Byng Memorial Trophies as the league's most valuable player as voted on by the media and the league's most sportsmanlike player. Pekka Rinne was awarded the other MVP trophy, the Ted Lindsay Award, which is given to the league's most valuable player as voted by the NHLPA. Rinne also shared the William M. Jennings trophy with his goaltending partner Chris Mason.

2014 NHL AWARDS
Stanley Cup |Minnesota Wild
Presidents' Trophy |Toronto Maple Leafs (112 Points)
Clarence S. Campbell Bowl |Minnesota Wild
Prince of Wales Trophy |Carolina Hurricanes
Art Ross Trophy |Sidney Crosby (PIT, 91 Points)
Hart Memorial Trophy |Daniel Sedin (VAN)
James Norris Memorial Trophy |Daniel Girardi (NYR)
Lady Byng Memorial Trophy |Daniel Sedin (VAN)
Calder Memorial Trophy |Riku Helenius (TBL)
Conn Smythe Trophy |Niklas Backstrom (MIN)
Vezina Trophy |Carey Price (MTL)
William M. Jennings Trophy |Pekka Rinne & Chris Mason (NSH, 182 Goals Allowed)
Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy |Jack Johnson (CBJ)
Frank J. Selke Trophy |Sidney Crosby (PIT)
Ted Lindsay Award |Pekka Rinne (NSH)
Maurice Richard Trophy |Sidney Crosby (PIT, 38 Goals) & Phil Kessel (TOR, 38 Goals)
Calder Cup |Rockford Ice Hogs

Last edited:

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
VACLAV PROSPAL, ADRIAN AUCOIN HANG 'EM UP
June 20. 2014

The Columbus Blue Jackets will be missing a lot of leadership in the locker room come training camp in September. Columbus' leading scorer, Vaclav "Vinny" Prospal decided to call it a career on Thursday after 1224 career NHL games and 846 NHL points. Prospal was drafted 71st overall in the 1993 NHL Entry Draft by the Philadelphia Flyers and played for several teams in the NHL including Philadelphia, Ottawa, Florida, Tampa Bay, Anaheim, the Rangers, and, finally, Columbus. Adrian Aucoin, who battled injuries all season, also decided to hang his skates up for good, after a very respectable career. Aucoin was drafted 117th overall in 1992 by the Vancouver Canucks and played for Vancouver, Tampa Bay, the Islanders, Chicago, Calgary, Phoenix, and, finally, Columbus. The reliable blueliner logged 1212 career NHL games and scored 425 points in his career.

This year's class of retirees likely features a bevy of future NHL Hall of Famers including sure-fire first ballot entrees Jaromir Jagr, Teemu Selanne, and Zdeno Chara. Roman Hamrlik and Tim Thomas also have a chance of entering the hall, both for different reasons. Hamrlik for his longevity and Thomas for his phenomenal play, albeit over a very short NHL career.

Martin Brodeur decided to continue his NHL career after a solid season in Colorado and, despite remaining unsigned all season, Daniel Alfredsson feels that the year off has allowed him to focus on training and recoup his body for another NHL season. It remains to be seen whether or not a team will be willing to sign Alfredsson, but Colorado seems interested in re-signing Brodeur.

2014 Notable Retirements
Minimum 410 games played
PLAYER | GAMES PLAYED | GOALS/WINS | ASSISTS/LOSSES | POINTS/SHUTOUTS
Roman Hamrlik|1511|161|533|694
Jaromir Jagr|1500|718|1059|1777
Teemu Selanne|1476|707|798|1505
Ray Whitney|1391|413|713|1126
Jason Arnott|1388|449|582|1031
Ryan Smyth|1313|413|485|898
Sergei Gonchar|1276|226|578|804
Todd Bertuzzi|1254|340|485|825
Jamie Langenbrunner|1242|255|434|689
Vinny Prospal | 1224 | 289 | 557 | 846 Adrian Aucoin | 1212 | 128 | 297 | 425
Patrik Elias|1202|402|592|994
Zdeno Chara|1172|149|376|525
Saku Koivu|1167|264|593|857
Tomas Kaberle|1134|101|524|625
Hal Gill|1117|37|150|187
Steve Sullivan|1111|324|502|826
Andrew Brunette|1110|268|465|733
Martin St. Louis|1095|375|613|988
Kimmo Timonen|1066|118|437|555
Wade Redden|1060|111|350|461
Marco Sturm|1052|251|256|507
Mattias Ohlund|1022|96|257|353
Petr Sykora|1019|323|398|721
Pavel Kubina|970|110|276|386
Stephane Robidas|962|57|234|291
Tom Poti|960|74|293|367
Toni Lydman|936|41|223|264
Shawn Horcoff|916|174|307|481
Sami Salo|915|101|244|345
Mike Fisher|892|219|238|457
Jay Pandolfo|881|100|126|226
Michal Rozsival|846|71|216|287
Andrew Ference|841|36|170|206
Willie Mitchell|839|36|142|178
Marty Reasoner|831|109|174|283
Sheldon Souray|823|109|208|317
Mikael Samuelsson|815|187|230|417
Nikolai Khabibulin|808|340|341|48
Per-Johan Axelsson|797|103|184|287
Tomas Vokoun|795|344|344|56
Andy Sutton|750|41|118|159
Mark Eaton|740|30|72|102
Barret Jackman|728|25|141|166
Rostislav Klesla|723|50|117|167
Raffi Torres|721|133|121|254
Evgeni Nabokov|720|370|249|64
Jason Strudwick|674|13|42|55
Keith Ballard|665|43|154|197
Steven Reinprecht|663|140|242|382
Jody Shelley|626|18|36|54
Nick Boynton|605|34|110|144
Kyle Calder|590|114|180|294
Jonathan Cheechoo|542|172|141|313
Shawn Thornton|532|35|48|83
Marcus Nilson|521|67|101|168
Jan Hejda|492|22|97|119
Mike Commodore|484|23|83|106
Tim Thomas|471|236|177|41
Fernando Pisani|462|87|82|169
Johan Hedberg|453|203|182|27
Radoslav Suchy|451|13|58|71
Joel Ward|444|59|83|142
Ladislav Nagy|435|115|196|311
Kent Huskins|421|19|68|87
Mathieu Garon|416|179|176|27

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Hi I'm new to this site I have a team with Toronto. I have made some moves like getting Matt duchene and was thinking about getting Ryan nugent Hopkins and scheifile. I have Ryan Murray as well but was curious about Boone Jenner how good does he get ?

I'm in the 2019/20 season with Columbus and Jenner hasn't developed very well at all, he's stuck on my 4th line at 78 overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad