NFL GDT: NFL Week 2

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I don't dislike Joe Buck as much as a lot of people but that was a legitimately heartwarming moment.

Hard to believe he's been calling NFL games for over 25 years now.
I enjoy the jokes about how much he had to overcome to get a break in the announcing business, but he’s very good at what he does. Fans seem to hate him because he will express opinions more than most play by play guys, and for a lot of fans, one critical word means he’s terrible.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't dislike Joe Buck as much as a lot of people but that was a legitimately heartwarming moment.

Hard to believe he's been calling NFL games for over 25 years now.
The shocking thing to me is he’s been with Aikman for 19 already.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I enjoy the jokes about how much he had to overcome to get a break in the announcing business, but he’s very good at what he does. Fans seem to hate him because he will express opinions more than most play by play guys, and for a lot of fans, one critical word means he’s terrible.

I always thought his more...monotone style was actually a great fit for baseball. He definitely showed emotion but because he wasn't blowing his load over plays people disliked him.

Jim Nantz is kinda similar in that regard although he was pretty tiresome to listen to until he got a way better broadcast partner

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I think it’s because his calls are god awful and he sounds borderline uninterested most of the time

Reactions: HisIceness

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Burrow has had a couple of wake up calls where he’s tried to do things with his feet where he’ll have to learn some things he could do in college won’t work in the NFL.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Burrow has had a couple of wake up calls where he’s tried to do things with his feet where he’ll have to learn some things he could do in college won’t work in the NFL.
He’s a good athlete but he isn’t Kyler or Lamar

he isn’t escaping some of these situations as easily as some these other guys can. If he’s gonna run he needs to start making the decision to do so sooner.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Burrow deserves a lot of credit for how well he played. A couple really bad decisions (like that hilariously bad spin move right into a defender) where you can tell he hasn't...quite realized he's playing against men but his football IQ and passing have been superb.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
First mistake by Baker tonight. He has had a good bounce back game until that pass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad