Bears & NFL Talk LIX: Above .500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
Sens fan here but die hard Bears fan as well. Hope that's okay! Didn't see the game but I'm not to crazy about Howard's last couple of games. Cohen looks like he's taking over who I really like but can't see him being a work horse back. Howard is apparently not happy with his role and there's rumors the Eagles were looking into him.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Sens fan here but die hard Bears fan as well. Hope that's okay! Didn't see the game but I'm not to crazy about Howard's last couple of games. Cohen looks like he's taking over who I really like but can't see him being a work horse back. Howard is apparently not happy with his role and there's rumors the Eagles were looking into him.

Howard isn't going anywhere. And I think most Bears fans will tell you that he needs to see more usage. He can catch the ball too. Cohen can't be a 3 down back. He's just not that guy. I don't think there's anything to the rumors from the Eagles, though. I don't think the Bears would be willing to move him right now.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

I honestly think they'll move him during the offseason. Bears don't want to be left with Cohen and Cunningham as their back field so it makes sense to move him in the offseason where Pace and company can either go the draft route, or FA route (T. Coleman for example will be out there).

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Don't see Howard going anywhere. The Bears are (hopefully) a playoff team. Howard is an important piece of the offense who probably needs to be used a little more. He's dirt cheap. Why trade him?

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
If Nagy is unable to utilize a talent like Howard that is a damning indictment of his ability to coach
What?!?! Did you say the same thing when Belichick couldn't maximize Brandin Cooks last year? Did you say the same thing about McVay when Sammy Watkins only had 39 receptions last year?

Statements like that from a single example is a damning indictment of your ability to be a rational fan.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
It will be interesting how Trubisky responds to Belichick's defense. The Pats stood their DLs up against the Mahomes. It fooled him in the 1st half.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
If Nagy is unable to utilize a talent like Howard that is a damning indictment of his ability to coach
:huh:

Howard’s the type of back that needs 20+ touches per game and he’s not going to get that in this offense. Quite frankly he shouldn’t.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I quote the great Mike Leach ...

“There’s nothing balanced about the 50 percent run, 50 percent pass because that’s 50 percent stupid."

“When you have five skill positions, if all five of them are contributing to the offensive effort, then that’s balanced. But this notion that if you hand it to one guy 50 percent of the time and you throw it to a combination of two guys 50 percent and your really balanced, then you proudly pat yourself on the back and tell yourself that... Well then you’re delusional.”

“The wishbone, which I think is a great offense... There’s nothing 50 percent run about the wishbone. They’re like 95 percent run... But everybody touched the ball. That’s why it’s one of the greatest offenses devised.”

Being a good offensive coach is about getting the ball to your skilled people in the right positions. That doesn't mean handing Howard the ball 25x in the wrong positions like John Fox.

Belichick forces offenses to play left handed. He'll take a Howard or Gabriel out of the game and force Trubisky and Nagy to adjust. That means taking advantage of what's given ... not forcing it to Howard. In the first half, Belichick took Kelce away from Mahomes. Mahomes adjusted and pushed the ball to Hall and Hunt in the right places. They scored 31 points in 10 minutes in the 2nd half. That's a balanced offense.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois

Chargers struggling in LA? Who could've possibly seen that coming?

What's that? Literally everybody outside of the Spanos family saw that coming? Because everybody with half a brain cell could see that LA fans wanted either any team back, and that group was satisfied by the Rams moving in first, or the Raiders back, and that group was pissed at the Chargers for blocking that? Well I'll be damned.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Chargers struggling in LA? Who could've possibly seen that coming?

What's that? Literally everybody outside of the Spanos family saw that coming? Because everybody with half a brain cell could see that LA fans wanted either any team back, and that group was satisfied by the Rams moving in first, or the Raiders back, and that group was pissed at the Chargers for blocking that? Well I'll be damned.

I would like to see them end up in San Antonio

Always thought it would be great city for NFL and it did well supporting Saints after Katrina

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
San Antonio is my next choice for an NFL team as well, other than a second team in Chicago.

And I also support a second team in the NBA here in Chicago as well, possibly behind only Seattle and Louisville.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
San Diego just needed a new stadium. The old Jack Murphy / Qualcomm stadium was poop. They have a big following in SD. There was a huge Mexican fan base. It were rabid like Raider fans.

Although LA is only a 2 hour car ride, the San Diegoans were NEVER going to support an LA team. San Diego is very different from LA and make it a point to tell you so. The NFL would be better off trying to help fund a SD stadium next to PETCO park near the wharf.

Texas has enough teams with Dallas and Houston. It sounds like Jacksonville is really trying to play most of their games in Wembley while practicing in Jacksonville. While San Antonio is not a bad idea ... there needs to be more teams out West.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
San Antonio is my next choice for an NFL team as well, other than a second team in Chicago.

And I also support a second team in the NBA here in Chicago as well, possibly behind only Seattle and Louisville.
I think the NHL proved the NBA can work in Vegas. I bet Larry Ellison will get a franchise in Seattle.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Is Mack going to play? If he can't I think its going to get ugly.

Rumor is he has a minor ankle sprain but will play (he's played every game in his career so he'll be out there even if not 100%). Robinson on the other hand (groin) is more up in the air.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Rumor is he has a minor ankle sprain but will play (he's played every game in his career so he'll be out there even if not 100%). Robinson on the other hand (groin) is more up in the air.
Trubisky needs Robinson vs. the Pats. That's his safety blanket. Cohen, Gabriel, and Burton are his big play guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad