Bears & NFL Talk LIX: Above .500

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
They've got to put 3pts on the board early on the road.

That 4th and 1 attempt was ignorant. Kick the damn FG.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
Worst time to blow a team out going into a bye week. Bears sat back patted themselves on the back with all the attention and a big game vs. the Patriots coming up...am sure it was easy to look past the Dolphins.

This Patriots game is HUGE!! They lose this one at home a long losing streak is in order....

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
They've got to put 3pts on the board early on the road.

That 4th and 1 attempt was ignorant. Kick the damn FG.

turnovers are HUGE in the NFL in terms of influencing wins and loss. Bears O have done a good job with time of possession (even when they couldn't score) and holding onto the ball. They did neither vs the Dolphins

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
@Sarava I can’t quote you anymore but yes that was great to see, and he drove the the team down the length of the field and put up points in a tie game in the 4th quarter. Great to see.

It’s funny, if Mitch blew the game for us last night the Bears thread would have gone off. Since it was the defense that did..... crickets.

Reactions: AmericanDream

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
The Bears lost because they coughed up the ball twice in the red zone and other time while driving down the field. They also lost because the defense didn't generate a pass rush all game, partially because the defense never stepped up to jam guys off the line and disrupt these short, immediate, timing routes. This is exactly what the Packers did against us in the 2nd half, and the defense didn't respond again.

Maybe getting kicked in the mouth will be good for this team. Let's not forget, they are YOUNG. Talented yes, but young. They responded well to the week 1 loss, let's see how they respond.

Reactions: TheSting

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I was at family stuff in Plainfield (aka - laziest town name ever?), so I either listened to the game on the radio in the car or watched on mute in a 82nd cousin 4 times removed's house, with almost all of the bad stuff happening when I was in the car to and from the event. At a certain point, I was just rooting merely for a tie, not going to lie.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I was at family stuff in Plainfield (aka - laziest town name ever?), so I either listened to the game on the radio in the car or watched on mute in a 82nd cousin 4 times removed's house, with almost all of the bad stuff happening when I was in the car to and from the event. At a certain point, I was just rooting merely for a tie, not going to lie.

I was at a christening in Plainfield yesterday with my fiance for her cousin's daughter during the game, and only got to watch the first half, then listen to the second half. If we were at the same place at the same time, that's kinda weird. Your 82nd cousin 4 times removed isn't happened to be named Fitzgerald is he/she? :laugh:

Last edited:

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
That loss hurt a lot. What a frustrating game. That's a game a contender needs to win. Two red zone turnovers can't happen. The defense just wasn't there. Hopefully the Mack injury doesn't linger because without him playing with the superman cape the defense seemed very average. Nagy has to take blame for going into a shell before the fg. You can't play for a 50+ yard fg. Plenty of blame to go around.

Mitch played well for the most part. Although that throw across his body in double coverage was just a WTF moment.

This one stings. Such a winable game.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
The Bears lost because they coughed up the ball twice in the red zone and other time while driving down the field. They also lost because the defense didn't generate a pass rush all game, partially because the defense never stepped up to jam guys off the line and disrupt these short, immediate, timing routes. This is exactly what the Packers did against us in the 2nd half, and the defense didn't respond again.

Maybe getting kicked in the mouth will be good for this team. Let's not forget, they are YOUNG. Talented yes, but young. They responded well to the week 1 loss, let's see how they respond.

You nailed. There was no pass rush because Osweiler was throwing the ball immediately. I get the idea is to rally up and tackle for short gains but the secondary just decided to not tackle anyone. Dolphins had 274 yards after catch yesterday. I don't know why Fangio didn't switch to press man and make Osweiler throw over the top. I think he threw 1 deep ball and it was picked off.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
That loss hurt a lot. What a frustrating game. That's a game a contender needs to win. Two red zone turnovers can't happen. The defense just wasn't there. Hopefully the Mack injury doesn't linger because without him playing with the superman cape the defense seemed very average. Nagy has to take blame for going into a shell before the fg. You can't play for a 50+ yard fg. Plenty of blame to go around.

Mitch played well for the most part. Although that throw across his body in double coverage was just a WTF moment.

Agreed, it's annoying, they honestly should be at least 4-1 right now, if no 5-0.

It's a team loss no doubt but I do think Mitch was a bright spot. Back to back games with a passer rating over 120.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
You nailed. There was no pass rush because Osweiler was throwing the ball immediately. I get the idea is to rally up and tackle for short gains but the secondary just decided to not tackle anyone. Dolphins had 274 yards after catch yesterday. I don't know why Fangio didn't switch to press man and make Osweiler throw over the top. I think he threw 1 deep ball and it was picked off.
I mean, honestly, look at this pass chart...

Brock Osweiler Week 6 Chart

Why weren't they jamming them every play and staying in? I know people are talking about Nagy and the final drive, but this loss is on Vic more than anyone else (from a coaching perspective) IMO.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Mitch looks alright but he's got to eliminate the bonehead throws. That roll out to the right and lob it back across your body into double coverage was just brutal. Lucky it wasn't picked.

I do think he's gotten better though.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC

You know funny thing about that terrible across his body throw into single high safety throw? Trubisky actually hit the receiver in the hands. Terrible decision ... great throw.

Trubisky needs to read the pre snap defense far better. He doesn't know where the safety and LB will be at times. His INT was due to his inability to read the safety. Sometimes, LB gets in the way if his slants. Patrick Mahomes had the same issues last night. It's a major problem for most inexperienced QBs.

Trubisky is doing a better job moving up in the pocket and stepping into his throws. He's also finding the open receivers. He's getting there. We just need patience. I think he has a chance to be a really good one.

The Trubisky, Mahomes, and Watson draft appears to be a great QB draft.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Mitch looks alright but he's got to eliminate the bonehead throws. That roll out to the right and lob it back across your body into double coverage was just brutal. Lucky it wasn't picked.

I do think he's gotten better though.
He has the arm to throw across his body WHEN the player is WIDE open. The bigger issue to recognizing the single high safety vs. cover zero. It's what got him into trouble with his INT. He'll getter better with his pre snap reads. Trubisky will also learn to move the safety with his eyes.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
You know funny thing about that terrible across his body throw into single high safety throw? Trubisky actually hit the receiver in the hands. Terrible decision ... great throw.

Trubisky needs to read the pre snap defense far better. He doesn't know where the safety and LB will be at times. His INT was due to his inability to read the safety. Sometimes, LB gets in the way if his slants. Patrick Mahomes had the same issues last night. It's a major problem for most inexperienced QBs.

Trubisky is doing a better job moving up in the pocket and stepping into his throws. He's also finding the open receivers. He's getting there. We just need patience. I think he has a chance to be a really good one.

The Trubisky, Mahomes, and Watson draft appears to be a great QB draft.

Tom Thayer was on the Score this morning and he was talking about how the safety was wearing white and on that INT he's standing right in front of the goalpost which has a big white pad around it....was postulating that Mitch just lost vision on the safety and had no idea he was there.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Tom Thayer was on the Score this morning and he was talking about how the safety was wearing white and on that INT he's standing right in front of the goalpost which has a big white pad around it....was postulating that Mitch just lost vision on the safety and had no idea he was there.
I was listening on the radio during this, and they mentioned the same thing. That for whatever reason, he seemed to have lost visual contact with the safety and had no idea he was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->