Bears & NFL Talk LIX: Above .500

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Another loss Bears should have had W. Mitch int in the 4th....didn't have to force it on 1st down. Defense got torched multiple times, no pressure and I hope Mack is okay. He seemed to have a bit of an off day. I do think they should have tried to get closer for the final FG. Give Cohen a pass on his fumble, he had a monster day.

Bears have been competitive in every game so far this year. Exceeding my expectations so far..

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
The majority of the blame for this loss rests squarely on the defense..... I'm not sure how you can come to any other conclusion. Yeah, turnovers. Yeah, in the red zone. Whatever. Here's the reality:

The defense gave up 380 passing yards to Miami's backup QB.
The defense game up 31 points to a team that was averaging 17.
The defense did not generate any pressure on the QB, and had ZERO sacks.
The defense missed tackles all game long, and gave up big play after big play.

The defense was bad. Awful even.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
The majority of the blame for this loss rests squarely on the defense..... I'm not sure how you can come to any other conclusion. Yeah, turnovers. Yeah, in the red zone. Whatever. Here's the reality:

The defense gave up 380 passing yards to Miami's backup QB.
The defense game up 31 points to a team that was averaging 17.
The defense did not generate any pressure on the QB, and had ZERO sacks.
The defense missed tackles all game long, and gave up big play after big play.

The defense was bad. Awful even.
They gave up almost 300 yards AFTER THE CATCH.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I did mention in the other thread before it closed that Mitch being top 5 in rush yards for QBs will probably surprise people the most. Just a physical talent.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I did mention in the other thread before it closed that Mitch being top 5 in rush yards for QBs will probably surprise people the most. Just a physical talent.
Mitch had the same 40 and shuttle time as DeShaun Watson at the combine. Trubisky is also noticeably bigger. Mitch is a physical beast. He has the want, but it's all about his head. He's getting there though.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
The Bears lost because they coughed up the ball twice in the red zone and other time while driving down the field. They also lost because the defense didn't generate a pass rush all game, partially because the defense never stepped up to jam guys off the line and disrupt these short, immediate, timing routes. This is exactly what the Packers did against us in the 2nd half, and the defense didn't respond again.

Maybe getting kicked in the mouth will be good for this team. Let's not forget, they are YOUNG. Talented yes, but young. They responded well to the week 1 loss, let's see how they respond.

Well played sir

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Rodgers is football Satan.

He did get an assist from his demon refs though. That last INT was bobbled as it skimmed the turf. That said, it wasn't a blatant miss ... so I'm glad they did nothing.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
the posting has been awfully quiet in here on our bust of a QB??? go figure bwahahaha...hard to type with all that shame surrounding some.

Lets see Mitch keep it up

Even Rex had big games

Also by the standards this board used during Cutler era that loss is 100% on Mitch for throwing a red zone INT and missing open WR for potential TD

I don't agree with it but according to standard used against Jay we must accept it. Remember Jay's TD's and good plays meant nothing if he threw a bad pick. All that mattered was pick and how it cost team pts that would have won them game

Interesting how Mitch is not held to same standard people around here held Cutty to

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC

Even Rex had big games

Also by the standards this board used during Cutler era that loss is 100% on Mitch for throwing a red zone INT and missing open WR for potential TD

I don't agree with it but according to standard used against Jay we must accept it. Remember Jay's TD's and good plays meant nothing if he threw a bad pick. All that mattered was pick and how it cost team pts that would have won them game

Interesting how Mitch is not held to same standard people around here held Cutty to
If you want any credibility ... give credit where credit is due.

The kid has 9 TDs and 1 INT in the last 2 games. IF it wasn't for a bad offensive pass interference call ... Trubisky might have 10 TDs and 0 INTs in 2 games. Yes ... he still has a ways to go, but stop being a wet noodle. The standard is that we've never seen a Bears QB go through this 2 game stretch before. Not even your precious Jay Cutler.

Only an idiot would focus on Trubisky's 1 interception and not highlight our crappy D, costly fumbles by our RBs, and Parkey's FG miss. Trubisky didn't have a perfect game ... but that's how much upside the kid has.

Sometimes just, "a well done Trubisky ... I hope you prove me wrong," will do.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
When have I not given him credit?

He has played well the last two weeks

And I am just pointing out the absurd difference in standard this board has. Hell some guys blamed Cutler and offense for not scoring another TD in final game vs Packers (The Conte game) despite Cutler and offense handing the Bears D a lead and the Packers pinned inside own 10

Also your claim that Cutler nor any other Bear QB has never played at this level of last two weeks I absolutely false

For instance

Cutler in 09 in back to back wins had 549 yds with 8 TD's and 1 INT

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I have been happy with Mitch these last two weeks and hope he continues to keep it up

I just find it absurd how far this board will go to celebrate him when just a few years ago our starting QB was held to a very different and absurd standard

Cutty throws two great TD's and team loses game on late FG = All Cutty's fault because he fumbled earlier , etc , etc

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
When have I not given him credit?

He has played well the last two weeks

And I am just pointing out the absurd difference in standard this board has. Hell some guys blamed Cutler and offense for not scoring another TD in final game vs Packers (The Conte game) despite Cutler and offense handing the Bears D a lead and the Packers pinned inside own 10

Also your claim that Cutler nor any other Bear QB has never played at this level of last two weeks I absolutely false

For instance

Cutler in 09 in back to back wins had 549 yds with 8 TD's and 1 INT
Well done. I won't argue with facts.

That said, weren't Bear fans excited as heck about Cutler back in '09 too? The Cutler hate started coming after his NFC Championship fiasco which was AFTER the 2010 season. Even then, there was still a ton of hope for Cutler for the 2011 season ... his third Bear season (his fifth season overall).

Your claim that Bear fans weren't still excited about Cutler 2 years into his Bear tenure is absolutely false too.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015

Even Rex had big games

Cutler wore out his welcome, nothing more nothing less. 1 playoff appearance in 8 seasons tends to do that...

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Since we are nearly 1/3 into season who is your biggest surprise and biggest disappointment on Bears thus far?

Biggest surprise to me = Roy Robertson-Harris

He is reminding me of how Idonije came along. Izzy started making his mark as a rotation guy who eventually found way into starting role because of hard work. Harris and Izzy

Honestly Harris seems to be as big as Izzy but is a bit more mobile

Biggest disappointment to me = Leonard Floyd

Floyd is a ghost most games and sure as hell is not living up to expectations of a 9th overall player. With Mack drawing countless double teams and fighting thru them watching Floyd get manhandled 1 on 1 by everyone (Including TE's) is pretty pathetic

Last edited:

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I have been happy with Mitch these last two weeks and hope he continues to keep it up

I just find it absurd how far this board will go to celebrate him when just a few years ago our starting QB was held to a very different and absurd standard

Cutty throws two great TD's and team loses game on late FG = All Cutty's fault because he fumbled earlier , etc , etc

Cutler was also an 8 year vet on a 100+ mil contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad