NFL/NCAA Coaching Carousel - 2022-23 Edition

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Got to go. I think a competent defensive coordinator they probably win. I miss Jim Schwartz so much :laugh:.
I think he just got completely exposed. He came in claiming that he doesn't run a scheme, turns out he was serious. I remember talking about their preseasons where the defense never looked good, and it was because they didn't show anything and just let guys go out and play. That could work as a head coach though provided the staff actually, like, draws up schemes.

Reactions: Voight

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I think he just got completely exposed. He came in claiming that he doesn't run a scheme, turns out he was serious. I remember talking about their preseasons where the defense never looked good, and it was because they didn't show anything and just let guys go out and play. That could work as a head coach though provided the staff actually, like, draws up schemes.
They arent going to have the same defensive players next year. It would be best for him to take the Cardinals job if they offer it to him. Cause next year is going to be much worse. Him leaving probably would be the best move of the offseason for the Eagles. He is an anchor.

Sep 19, 2008
No lose situation.

If he succeeds he proves he won without Reid and will get offers or get promoted to HC when Ron retires or is canned

If he fails it's a 2 year deal so new ownership can easily cut ties and rebuild a winning program

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i still don't get how bieniemy hasn't landed a HC gig. sure you can point to the whole "reid is the one actually responsible for the chief's success" thing, but that hasn't stopped teams from hiring belichick's assistants for over 2 decades now

Sep 19, 2008
i still don't get how bieniemy hasn't landed a HC gig. sure you can point to the whole "reid is the one actually responsible for the chief's success" thing, but that hasn't stopped teams from hiring belichick's assistants for over 2 decades now
allegedly interviews badly

that didn't stop washington from signing him though and giving him associate HC role

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If you notice, no one hires the Chiefs front office assistants either. They do with the Patriots, and that’s how the network expands.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Also away from the best QB in the league.
EB isn’t going to get a ahC staying in KC. For whatever reason he’s not getting the HC opportunity he covets so he’s changing it up and taking on more duties.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad