OT: NFL Fantasy teams discussion

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Ballsy to start Chris Johnson over Hill and Jennings? I'm hoping he goes ham against his former team.

I'd probably go with Hill, especially after seeing the Bengals want to go away from the timeshare now and feature him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...rnard-says-jeremy-hill-will-start-for-bengals

I kind of think CJ0K will have a big game too, but I'm through trusting him after burning a fourth-rounder on him (albeit as my Flex/RB3) :laugh:

If you were a commissioner, would you accept the following trade?

CJ Anderson for Kelvin Benjamin

I mean I'd rather have CJ at this point but I don't generally like overturning trades unless there's clear collusion or a mistake. Does the guy trading for Benjamin need receivers? He could just be desperate and think he's selling CJ high.

It's also a little tough to assess value vs. matchups when there's only one-two-three weeks left in a season assuming this isn't a keeper league.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
I'd probably go with Hill, especially after seeing the Bengals want to go away from the timeshare now and feature him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...rnard-says-jeremy-hill-will-start-for-bengals

I kind of think CJ0K will have a big game too, but I'm through trusting him after burning a fourth-rounder on him (albeit as my Flex/RB3) :laugh:

I mean I'd rather have CJ at this point but I don't generally like overturning trades unless there's clear collusion or a mistake. Does the guy trading for Benjamin need receivers? He could just be desperate and think he's selling CJ high.

It's also a little tough to assess value vs. matchups when there's only one-two-three weeks left in a season assuming this isn't a keeper league.

As a titans fan I can tell you this any running back going against them is a gurantee 100 yard day or close to it. They allowed that sled andre Williams to rush for 150 against them

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
120 pts vs 107 pts.

RB for WR

If both are in playoffs yes. If one is out and has no reason to (non keeper league), NO.

That's part of the issue. CJ Anderson was traded from a team out of the playoffs to a the team in second place. That second place team is the commissioner and the wife of the the team out of the playoffs. And we don't play for "just the fun of it".

Plus CJ Anderson has become RB1 material on Denver in my PPR league.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
lol well then that's some slippery ****

Why would a trade deadline be this late in the season anyway?

Bcap88

Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
That's part of the issue. CJ Anderson was traded from a team out of the playoffs to a the team in second place. That second place team is the commissioner and the wife of the the team out of the playoffs. And we don't play for "just the fun of it".

Id nix it. Who ever is getting benajamin is getting screwed.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN

I would veto it. That's dirty play any way you cut it.

But really you should have a trade deadline like 4 weeks before playoffs start and if not, at least only teams currently in a playoff position can make trades.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

No trades should be happening now anyways but in your situation the only teams making trades should be playoff teams with playoff teams (most likely nobody would make a trade).

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
HAHAHA...The commissioner just told me to stop whining and stop throwing tantrums after half the league objected to the trade. She spent many hours setting up the league...oh the humanity:shakehead

Then she went on to chastize me about dropping Tom Brady and how she was savvy enough to pick him up on the waiver wire. Why would I keep him if I have Andrew Luck and they both had the same bye week (small league btw)?

Guess who ain't playing next year. This guy!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Half the league objected and they still allowed the trade? Geez I can't blame you for walking out.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
That's the type of crap that you email everyone ELSE in the league except those two teams and say you're starting your own league with above the board rules and no shenanigans. Ensure a GM majority review for all trades to go through and a trade deadline with only teams actually in the playoffs allowed to make deals.

Then watch everyone leave "her league" and follow to yours.

That's a bunch of crap - especially if you're friends with them. People who put ethics in the backseat to friends like that are the worst.

You should trade with someone else out of the playoffs now to get a sweet RB or WR for this week.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
thoughts on starting matt ryan vs pitt or flacco vs jags? ppr league. my concern with starting flacco is them just running the ball and/or it being a blowout early.

Bcap88

Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
HAHAHA...The commissioner just told me to stop whining and stop throwing tantrums after half the league objected to the trade. She spent many hours setting up the league...oh the humanity:shakehead

Then she went on to chastize me about dropping Tom Brady and how she was savvy enough to pick him up on the waiver wire. Why would I keep him if I have Andrew Luck and they both had the same bye week (small league btw)?

They should have really set up a trade deadline. I don't blame you for leaving.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well so far I have a 33-point lead in my semi with still Maclin, Murray, Hauschka and Julius Thomas left and all he has is Dez and Wilson from the Bears. Looking good, got a nice assist from the Bills' D today with 24 points against Rodgers lol...and of course OBJ is a monster.

Bcap88

Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Well so far I have a 33-point lead in my semi with still Maclin, Murray, Hauschka and Julius Thomas left and all he has is Dez and Wilson from the Bears. Looking good, got a nice assist from the Bills' D today with 24 points against Rodgers lol...and of course OBJ is a monster.

The way dez was going I thought he was going to drop 50 today.

Im up 149-91 and all he has is forte tomorrow.

Romo,Murray,Chiefs D and OBJ came to play for me.

Im looking for my first fantasy football championship since 03. Also have to feel bad for all the Rodgers and manning owners out there. Literally couldn't pick a worse time to throw up a dud

Last edited:

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

I know you said it wasn't a just for fun league but I would do what was said above but actually post something publicly so everyone can read and comment together. That's rediculous especially if it's between "friends" and that they of an attitude could actually affect said friendship. I would be beyond livid if I were you. I left a league I was in for over 5 years with the same guys because of a similiar situation.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Pretty pumped for tonight, as I hardly ever get to see the Saints on national TV.

Also, I have Forte and I'm down 188 to 195. Only player left to play in the matchup. I've never done two-week playoffs before, it's a little odd.

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Also have to feel bad for all the Rodgers and manning owners out there. Literally couldn't pick a worse time to throw up a dud

I don't, cause I had the Bills' D lol.

Of course just when I thought I was in the clear and had a healthy team going into the Finals it comes out DeMarco Murray has a broken bone in his hand. At least I hoarded my handcuffs like crazy and have Randle rostered (also have Foster/Alfred Blue and even handcuffed Jordan Mathews to Jeremy Maclin).

I was actually stunned I made it to the finals with all three upright and only Foster missing significant time.

Bcap88

Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Demarco murray has hand surgery........Guess who has him and Guess who is in the championship? this guy

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
And the other semifinal in my league was an epic troll job.

Team A (lost): QB - Wilson, RB - Bell, Lynch, WR - Nelson, Sanders, J. Gordon (Flex), TE - Gronkowski, K - Tucker, DEF - Packers

Team B (won): QB - Brees, RB - Forsett, L. Murray, D. Brown (Flex), WR - Colston, Moncrief, TE - H. Miller, K - Crosby, DEF - Ravens

And team B somehow won despite getting a 0 from Moncrief with Brees and Colston (who I dropped before Cooks got hurt cause he was awful) feasting on the Bears and the Ravens D feasting on the Jags. The Jordy Nelson 90-yard drop changed many fantasy league playoffs including this one.

Of course team B might pull of a bigger troll job if he beats me this week :P

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
With edelman now out I'm pretty screwed tomorrow. Only options are Rueben Randall, Gregg jennings, or moncrief. Thoughts? Ppr league.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'd keep an eye on TY Hilton's status actually. If he doesn't play (he's got a hammy issue and didn't practice) Moncrief could be huge. If Hilton does play I really don't like any of the three options then but I suppose I'd pick Randle on the off chance they do not throw everything to Beckham this week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad