NFL: NFC Wild Card Round: (3) Minnesota Vikings v (6) Seattle Seahawks; Sun 1pm ET NBC

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Still can't believe that was missed. Seahawks got the break they gave New England last year in the Super Bowl. I can easily see them taking full advantage of it.

Panthers better be ready next week.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
He probably just meant to say that life goes on and he's not gonna view himself as a failure just because he made some mistakes in his job. The psychological burden carried by kickers is severe, maybe among the worst in all of sports.

Yup, especially in relation to how little they are thought about when they aren't making or missing game winning FG's.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I hope Russell learns how to play with gloves. Bridgewater seemed totally unaffected by the cold.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
XezEN5g.jpg

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
It looks like he's taking off a jersey on a Vikings punt. Not even the end of the game.

Edit: That's probably not even today's game, probably from the blowout earlier in the year. I think people would be in warmer clothing too.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I need to have Paul Allen's call so we can compare that to the Tracy Porter interception

Billy Mays Here*

I need to have Paul Allen's call so we can compare that to the Tracy Porter interception

Exactly what I was thinking. For the love of God someone get audio of PA during the missed field goal, I need to hear his freak out.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
It looks like he's taking off a jersey on a Vikings punt. Not even the end of the game.

Edit: That's probably not even today's game, probably from the blowout earlier in the year. I think people would be in warmer clothing too.

You can also tell by the fact there is no sun on the field that it was not today. The regular season game was played under a grey sky.

Paul Allen's call:

Last edited:

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I remember he was around when Nate Poole made that catch back then and have heard that call, but what about 1999 when Andersen missed that kick? Haven't found that one yet.

Don't believe he was their radio voice based on this video:

It also was a situation were MIN still led by 7 with little time left, so at the time it must have not felt devastating like all the other calls he is famous for.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
wow. seriously, how the hell do you miss such a short kick? and don't tell me its because the laces were out. if that was a 35+ FG then i could buy it but that was a kick i could have made. unbelievable, shades of gary anderson. and peterson is just as much at fault for that loss. fumbling the ball away like that late in the game. pathetic

seahawks just keep getting the lucky breaks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad