NFL: NFC Wild Card Round: (3) Minnesota Vikings v (6) Seattle Seahawks; Sun 1pm ET NBC

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I didn't care who they faced.
Unless you're the Rams,:laugh: Seattle is getting out of the first round.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Early game on Sunday on NBC.

Everyone aside from No Fun Shogun is going to pick SEA, it has to be mentioned that the meeting between these 2 teams saw MIN lose a bunch of key defensive players early on. I think this will be a lot closer.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Ive heard Russell Wilson comparisons in regards to Teddy Bridgewater. Ridiculous honestly, the only similarities are that they have a great defense and runningback. But I will say,

As of now, Teddy Bridgewater is the weak link that everybody once believed Russell to be.

Teddy Bridgewater in my eyes is missing a lot of ingredients to be even a very good qb. Hes a game manager that can't make any big plays.

But I will say that Minnys defense impressed me like crazy to night. Theyre not to be taken lightly

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I don't discount anybody in the playoffs, but SEA has that hungry look that was missing from the first half of the season.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
I am a die-hard Vike's fan and there is a good chance we get stomped.
Basically this for me as well and it sucks because I live in Vancouver so most people here are Seahawks fans(plus add any bandwagon jumpers). Vikings win and great, celebrate in front of everyone, lose and I have to watch them and potentially get harassed(friends aren't Hawks fan so they won't bother me, co workers are but not sure if they remember that I'm a Vikes fan).
Hopefully they can get close to being healthy. Also, after the Hawks destroyed the Vikings, one of their players said he knows Bridgewater will become a great QB but he looked scared during the game. Hopefully he remembers those words and goes on fire.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Peterson needs 30+ carries and 150. Bridgewater doesn't have the weapons or arm to exploit the seams that the Seahawks give up.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Teams are even on defense and running game (both have game breakers at both spots) but passing is the weakness. Wilson outclasses Bridgewater.

Stack the box and force Teddy to throw and then this game will be over by halftime.

Seahawks by 2 TD's

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
If I'm doing a 1-11 playoff pool I'd be tempted to pur an 11 on Seattle but I'd save it for a better pick like NE knowing its coming. I'd still put like a 9 on it though. Strong pick.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Peterson needs 30+ carries and 150. Bridgewater doesn't have the weapons or arm to exploit the seams that the Seahawks give up.

The only way that remains an option the whole game is if Minny can establish the run early. They ran Peterson early and weren't able to generate much. Then they started falling behind.

Recipe for success for Minny
1) Run Peterson successfully early in the game
2) Keep the game close at all times

billsoilers

May 20, 2011
Rio Grande do Sul
Outdoor playoff game in Minnesota. Doesn't get any better than this.
Hope this is a big success, and even in their new stadium the Vikings play with the roof open in January.

Sturm

Jun 25, 2015
Virginia
Seahawks. Vikings are a nice team but Seattle can keep AP in check and Bridgewater can't lead that team to victory.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
This is the game I'm going to focus most of my attention on. There may not be a QB in the league playing as well as Russell Wilson is at the moment but the Vikes will put up a hell of a fight. If Marshawn Lynch is back and can be a factor, it will be a tough uphill slog though. If they can get AP going and Teddy can take care of the ball, I like the Vikes in a squeaker. 23-20 with a late 4th quarter game winning drive or OT decision.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Such an ugly match-up for the Vikings. Sunday Night's game was truly a situation where a loss would have been more beneficial.

Teddy is nothing more than a game-manager at this point. When you're going up against a team that has a better chance than anyone to hold AP in check (which they already did this season), Bridgewater is going to have to make some plays. Considering it's against Seattle's secondary, that's just not going to happen.

Wilson has also completely picked apart the Vikings the 3 times he's played them. Granted 2 of those games came against the Vikings before Zimmer, so it's not all that applicable, but there was still some of the same players on the roster. Anyways, he's 50/69 for 677 yards, 8 TD/0 INT, and has only been sacked 3 times in those 3 games. He hurt them on the ground this year as well, going for 9-51-1.

gopherman23

Jul 10, 2013
Minnesota
The Vikings were missing three all-pro caliber talents on defense the first time around. I don't expect it to be a blow out like it was the last game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad