NFL GDT: NFC Championship Game: (1) Carolina Panthers vs (2) Arizona Cardinals

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
"I don't know who we're playing yet."

Really?

game started just after the AFC game ended. Given Rivera didn't want to know the score in the Seahawks/Cards game the last week of the season he probably didn't want to hear any talk of who won the other game either. They were probably focussed.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I know it is way to early to think about...but if CAR beats DEN and goes 18-1 with a Superb Owl win...that has to be in the conversation as one of the top couple of seasons of all-time, no?

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Yeah but you guys have a somewhat recent SB to memory not to mention all the other titles.

I've seen two and I barely remember the first one. Why would I care or brag about titles that happened 30+ years before I was born?

But if Cardinals fans want a Super Bowl, I'd gladly trade one for the Diamondbacks World Series and/or the Coyotes. ;)

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
What is this Superb Owl thing you guys keep repeating? I mean I get it...but why is this a thing?

Edit: Auto-correct on your phones maybe?

Such an underwhelming trophy for winning your Conference.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
I know it is way to early to think about...but if CAR beats DEN and goes 18-1 with a Superb Owl win...that has to be in the conversation as one of the top couple of seasons of all-time, no?

Someone mentioned that this had happened only ~4 or 5x before.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

damn Falcons loss :rant:

Might have been a good thing, to take the pressure of that perfect season off, but if we win SB50 it's gonna be looked back on as damn, we should have won that game. Not immediately obviously, winning the SB would be a celebration but after a while I think I might look back on it that way.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
What is this Superb Owl thing you guys keep repeating? I mean I get it...but why is this a thing?

The NFL has "Super Bowl" trademarked, and is known to be incredibly litigious about it's use by anyone not expressly permitted in using it.

Hence, the Superb Owl.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs

The previous ones were a lot better. They went minimalist when they rebranded "The Shield" and the conference logos. Not a fan.

trophies.jpg

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Philly Brown: 113 yards (86 on the TD).
Larry Fitzgerald, Michael Floyd, John Brown: 90 combined yards against Robert McClain and Cortland Finnegan.

That's not something I expected at all. Palmer was bad, but damn that O-line was worse.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Wow... easy come, easy go I guess.

http://q13fox.com/2016/01/25/2-fans...elcome-home-cardinals-after-loss-to-panthers/

2 Fans show up at airport to welcome home Cardinals

But just two people? In a city of 4.5 million? Come on.

The City of Phoenix doesn't have even 2 million people but the metro area is at least 4 million.

Also, it's very rare in sports to see a big pour out at the airport to welcome back a team that was eliminated from the playoffs.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
This.

I've never gone to the airport to welcome back winners, but much a losing team, at night, during the week.

Overblown to the n-th degree.

What you read there was a potshot at the Phoenix market made not only from a glasshouse but also where the population estimation of the City of Phoenix was off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad