Post-Game Talk: Next year, let's decline the California trip, Habs lose 6-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Bosses can be stupid and tossing aside valuable talent is exactly what happened. Subban the asset was a superior tool and more useful than Weber.

Weber showed up on the statsheet for 3 games offensively for Nashville in three playoffs series in the second round; that's like 16 games. Subban showed up for three games for Nashville against St. Louis. 3 games in just six.

Weber is Harbor Freight and Subban is Snap-on/Mac/Matco.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Bosses can be stupid and tossing aside valuable talent is exactly what happened. Subban the asset was a superior tool and more useful than Weber.

Weber showed up on the statsheet for 3 games offensively for Nashville in three playoffs series in the second round; that's like 16 games. Subban showed up for three games for Nashville against St. Louis. 3 games in just six.

Weber is Harbor Freight and Subban is Snap-on/Mac/Matco.

That just isn't true. Subban would be sucking balls on this team right now, Weber would be putting up points in Nashville. 2 different teams, situations and offense. Montreal has no serious threat up front, 67 is streaky at best, Drouin is a playmaker. That's it. The rest are plumbers and perimeter players who avoid contact and traffic. The PP exposes what we really are, and it isn't much.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
That just isn't true. Subban would be sucking balls on this team right now, Weber would be putting up points in Nashville. 2 different teams, situations and offense. Montreal has no serious threat up front, 67 is streaky at best, Drouin is a playmaker. That's it. The rest are plumbers and perimeter players who avoid contact and traffic. The PP exposes what we really are, and it isn't much.

we're where we are because of poor management. don't you see that?

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Subban is an "independent variable". He can produce with trash in front of him and the team playing like a dumpster fire. Like the 2015-2016 season. After the crippling December, we were playing .500 hockey to finish the season. Subban certainly didn't falter starting in January and he showed up with his production; the rest of the team did not. He also posted 36 points in 78 games during the 2011-2012 season with Cunneyworth and a tire fire in front of him. Josh Gorges was his primary partner.

Weber is now THE GUY and no one else is boosting him. Not Josi, not Suter, not Radulov. Let's see if he can produce like Subban could in 2011-2012. Like a science experiment.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Price's rebound control was pathetic and his head was not in the game. I'm sick and tired of the excuses made for Price when he doesn't show up for games. It doesn' happen a lot but it does happen and this year so far it has happened in every game except for the first. You want to see an ECHL defense look at the Ducks yet their goalie kept them in the game in the 2nd period. Price took us out of the game in the 1st. So far this year Price has been outplayed by every effing goalie he faced and it had nothing to do with the defence.

I'm not placing the whole blame on him for this terrible start but he deserves as much if not more than Patches. And I'm a fan who dislikes Patches with a passion and I like Price. But I'm not blind to when Price craps the bed.

I'm not saying Price has been good. That's simply not true. He hasn't been good. But the defense is the absolute worst thing about this team and that's entirely MBs doing.

Not one member of this defense is from the regime who he inherited the team from. This is all him and it's a glaring issuem

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007
Habs now have a 3,9% shooting percentage. This is the lowest % since those stats are calculated (which is 1959-1960 per NHL.COM!) Only once had a team less than 7%, the Coyotes in 2014-15 with 6,9%.

Either we are witnessing the worst bunch of shooters ever, or they have been exceptionally unlucky after 8 games.

By the way, I'm not trying to find excuses or blame the losses on bad luck. Even with a 7% shooting, they'd still be -12 in goals differential. I'm just amazed by that stat!

Reactions: KFlint

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Weber is flying under the radar. We're told that this stuff wouldn't happen with him. At least Shaw tried something to change the momentum. He showed that he was frustrated and some passion. Weber is just being pretty out there. Doesn't look like an intimidator at all.

Reactions: E82

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
Subban is an "independent variable". He can produce with trash in front of him and the team playing like a dumpster fire. Like the 2015-2016 season. After the crippling December, we were playing .500 hockey to finish the season. Subban certainly didn't falter starting in January and he showed up with his production; the rest of the team did not. He also posted 36 points in 78 games during the 2011-2012 season with Cunneyworth and a tire fire in front of him. Josh Gorges was his primary partner.

Weber is now THE GUY and no one else is boosting him. Not Josi, not Suter, not Radulov. Let's see if he can produce like Subban could in 2011-2012. Like a science experiment.

So you want Weber to back in time 5 years, and see if he can replicate Subban's numbers? This is a great solution.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Habs now have a 3,9% shooting percentage. This is the lowest % since those stats are calculated (which is 1959-1960 per NHL.COM!) Only once had a team less than 7%, the Coyotes in 2014-15 with 6,9%.

Either we are witnessing the worst bunch of shooters ever, or they have been exceptionally unlucky after 8 games.

By the way, I'm not trying to find excuses or blame the losses on bad luck. Even with a 7% shooting, they'd still be -12 in goals differential. I'm just amazed by that stat!

They had 30 shots in the second period and lost 6-2, do not waste your time trying to figure this out, it is a bunch of scrub players either lacking in talent or heart that is trying to win hockey games in the best league in the world. Out matched, outplayed and outclassed just like in the preseason.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
So you want Weber to back in time 5 years, and see if he can replicate Subban's numbers? This is a great solution.
How irrational. Going for the strawman instead of giving respect to your debate opponent. How pathetic.
Don't play stupid. The situation for Weber is that he is the #1 and he's tasked with producing like one with one the benefit of another bonafide elite player padding him up. With Pacioretty, Drouin, and token RW, the forward depth is similar as well.

No doubt that this case study will show Weber floundering to produce once his lifeline is taken away from him.

Reactions: holy and Nedved

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
How irrational. Going for the strawman instead of giving respect to your debate opponent. How pathetic.
Don't play stupid. The situation for Weber is that he is the #1 and he's tasked with producing like one with one the benefit of another bonafide elite player padding him up. With Pacioretty, Drouin, and token RW, the forward depth is similar as well.

No doubt that this case study will show Weber floundering to produce once his lifeline is taken away from him.

Something that needs done immediately- remove the C from Pacioretty and allow him to simply play hockey. Give the C to Weber.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
They had 30 shots in the second period and lost 6-2, do not waste your time trying to figure this out, it is a bunch of scrub players either lacking in talent or heart that is trying to win hockey games in the best league in the world. Out matched, outplayed and outclassed just like in the preseason.
Anaheim is a walking wounded team and the Ducks probably got complacent, the coach might have tried to sit on a lead, and the refs did give us some PPs. Yeah, we got 30 shots, but it was against a crippled team who went to sleep for a period. Once they started playing again, the points fell out of the sky and they posted 3 goals fast.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Anaheim is a walking wounded team and the Ducks probably got complacent, the coach might have tried to sit on a lead, and the refs did give us some PPs. Yeah, we got 30 shots, but it was against a crippled team who went to sleep for a period. Once they started playing again, the points fell out of the sky and they posted 3 goals fast.

We cannot compete against a team that hits us no matter the talent level of the opposing roster, I saw it early in the first period and it is why we always struggle against western teams, we are very one dimensional and very easy to play against.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002

Yes, it is much more rational to pretend Subban may produce 'x' amount of points, if he was somehow transported here in a magical scenario. I'm playing stupid? lol. Come back at may when you want to discuss reality.

PK has 1 goal this year. 1. 4 of his pts are on the PP, he's -4 in his last 2 games... if Montreal has an ounce of creativity on the PP, the stats look completely different for Weber. Am I saying it was a good trade? No. But it is what it is, get over the trade.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008

I like this guy. except clinton portis, he sucked.

fly eagles!

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Or they don't make it there, it's not like Weber has a track-record of success in the POs.
I'd like to know the honest thoughts of the Nashville coaching staff management ownership in the finals Especially after game 3 when Subban went selfish again and made it about himself . The I wish we had Shea Weber right now thought were in all of their heads I'm willing to bet. There's no way the coaching staff and management would ever had to tell Weber to basically go sit in the corner and keep his mouth shut like they did Subban banning him from speaking to the media. Until Subban got into Crosby face saying what everyone now knows what he said at the end of game 3 Nashville was the better team the series turned in Pittsburgh favor after that . Was it because Subban lite a fire under Crosby's ass like many believe ? When Crosby can be heard calling Subban an f--- idiot n get the F out of here . Crosby wasn't just speaking for himself or his team he was speaking for the Montreal Canadiens

Last edited:

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Usually after losing against a playoffs team, I'd say that it's normal, this team can't win against face-off team but the Ducks line up yesterday looked more line a preseason team without their top 2 C and 1 of their top 4 D. They managed to destroy us against our improved D and 10M$ goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad