Rumor: Next Winter Classic: Flyers To Visit Capitals

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Howe looked fantastic out there too. Definitely the smoothest skater of the bunch.

I remember Hartnell saying that he thought that Lindros was still better than a lot of current NHL players and that some of the stuff he was doing in the practices were amazing! I think that was before the Winter Classic when Lindros came to a few practices. (like maybe 2)

And yeh, Howe looked like he could still play... he looked better than a lot of the guys who had retired very recently!

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I remember Hartnell saying that he thought that Lindros was still better than a lot of current NHL players and that some of the stuff he was doing in the practices were amazing! I think that was before the Winter Classic when Lindros came to a few practices. (like maybe 2)

And yeh, Howe looked like he could still play... he looked better than a lot of the guys who had retired very recently!

Bernie definitely did a lot better than I expected. He was more nimble than he looks.

RJ8812*

Shouldn't the NHL be spreading the wealth? 2010, 2012 and now 2015?

If the NHL wants to maximize their profits for each WC, then only the big market teams will be playing

In other words, don't ever expect Carolina or Florida to be playing

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
If the NHL wants to maximize their profits for each WC, then only the big market teams will be playing

Exactly. NBC has been getting great ratings on a day where they used to get absolutely none. Boston/new York/philadelphia/Pittsburgh/washington/Detroit/Chicago. Those teams draw...everyone else is a risk US wise.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yup that's it, the Caps may look at us as a rival but I have never looked at them as one

We've only had something like 4 playoff meetings with them. That doesn't exactly build them up to be some great foe, at least not to me...especially since the Flyers haven't been eliminated by the Caps in 26 years.

Buffalo and TB annoy me more overall.

kolankosf

Jul 5, 2013
Red Deer, Alberta

AWWWWW! That's what I was praying for in 2015!

Anyways, I'm looking forward to watching the games this year and definitely next year. Some people may not enjoy them, I'm one of those that do I guess.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Not to dampen the news or rain on the parade, but I kind of hate the WC as it is.

Back when it was first coming around around the same time we had our first one it was fun and fresh even if not always well executed. It was a great idea with a fun premise that harkened back to simpler forms of hockey. Nowadays though they have the Heritage Classic and Stadium Series on top of it. So now the Winter Classic just seems stupid and unappealing to me. When so many teams get to play an outdoor games just under different names it cheapens the experience and doesn't make it unique in the slightest. It also comes across as really stupid when all of them are given different titles even though they're all just outdoor games.

It's also very apparent now that only the big market teams are going to get attention with the Winter Classic at least so it's not really all that thrilling to be selected for it when there's only so many viable candidates when they only pick big market teams and try to save Canadian teams for the Heritage Classic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad