next up; 2008 draft!!

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
its all about kyle beach baby, also dont forget about vancouver giants james wright and lance bouma

Beach is a guy to keep an eye on, he could potentially go first overall if he steps up his offensive numbers and keeps his physical game, I mean he could be one of the best powerforwards to come out in a while, with his size and overall package this guy should be amazing.

Having said that 2008 has a lot of gems as of now, if all these guys step up their game plus some others that come out of nowhere we should all be in for a treat similar to the 2003, in other words GM's, keep your top round picks.

Tobias

Oct 15, 2004
Copenhagen, Denmark
Should be really interesting to see where Bødker will go, considering he was consider to be the better player of him and Eller one year ago. I hope that he stays in Sweden, he could, and should, get some ice time in the SEL.

Yes back when they was signed Mikkel Bødker was the guy Frölunda was really after.

Anyway it has been in the Danish media that Bødker will go to NA next season. I don't know if anything is certain yet, though. But don't expect him to stay.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Never seen him play live. Is he comparable to Bertuzzi in style of play and potential upside?

A couple names from the "O" off the top of my head: Jamie Arniel and Nathan Moon.

What about late-bloomers totally OFF the radar a la Perron or B. Pouliot, and also players passed over this year that may have a shot of being drafted this year (i.e. Gistedt, Halischuk)?

Beach is more like a Keith Tkachuk or Brendan Shannahan. I think he has alot more potential then either one though

Brazz

This boat is 4 real!
Nov 6, 2005
What are the odds that the Penguins end up getting Steven Stamkos, or whom ever is the current top prospect, next year? :sarcasm:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Why is it that I always see Jimmy Hayes ranked higher than his teammate Colin Wilson, who produced at a higher rate this year? Hayes put up 42 points in 47 games played for the US-U18 team, while Wilson put up 62 points in 49 games played for the same squad. What gives? I know there is more to the story than stats, but that's exactly what I'm trying to find out. What's the story?

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
Hayes IMO is more well-rounded than Wilson... Wilson is strong as a freakin ox, but needs some real help with his skating... I think that's what sets the two apart at the moment.

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
Maybe then your are visiting the wrong site, It's HFBOARDS. Not a Anti-prospects board.

Agreed, this is hockey's future... if we don't get to speculate on the damn prospects/nhl draft board, then what else should be done. Or rather explain why this is so out of line.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
this is the most pointless thread ever this time last year esposito was a clear #1

this was the most pointless response I have ever seen. If you dont like the thread, DONT READ IT!

I did not ask for who people think will be #1 in the 08' draft, which would make some sense of your idiotic post, but if you actually learned to read from left to right, you would see that I asked for lesser known players that COULD rise by mid-to draft day. What is wrong with that? Noone here is throwing out who will be #1, we all like to hear about up and comers.

This draft is only one year away, its not like its 3 years away..but thanks for the input, I ran out of toilet paper today, so now I have something to wipe with. :shakehead :shakehead

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Hayes IMO is more well-rounded than Wilson... Wilson is strong as a freakin ox, but needs some real help with his skating... I think that's what sets the two apart at the moment.

I agree with that, I took some heat for the same sentiments, but both will be very very solid players. Stats arent everything, but Hayes has the better all-around package as of right now. We still have a year to go, so anything can and usually will happen. Should be a great draft by all accounts.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
What are the odds that the Penguins end up getting Steven Stamkos, or whom ever is the current top prospect, next year? :sarcasm:

If they get him, I am going to give up on hockey, because there would be no point competing against that offensive juggernaut!!!

I am still hoping the Hawks can dump Khabibulin and some prospects to land another first round pick in 08'. Going to be a great year to have multi first round picks.

Wisnutsen21

Dec 5, 2006
Columbus
this was the most pointless response I have ever seen. If you dont like the thread, DONT READ IT!

I did not ask for who people think will be #1 in the 08' draft, which would make some sense of your idiotic post, but if you actually learned to read from left to right, you would see that I asked for lesser known players that COULD rise by mid-to draft day. What is wrong with that? Noone here is throwing out who will be #1, we all like to hear about up and comers.

This draft is only one year away, its not like its 3 years away..but thanks for the input, I ran out of toilet paper today, so now I have something to wipe with. :shakehead :shakehead

i hope you have a printer cuz you might have a hard time cleaning your monitor

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
i hope you have a printer cuz you might have a hard time cleaning your monitor

You're really not doing such a great job of representing Columbus fans... don't worry, I won't generalize. But you don't seem to have a mind for the inexact science that is the NHL Draft and hence should not be perusing this thread or for that matter this entire board. Sidney Crosby was dubbed #1 years earlier and they were right to speculate... same goes for Ovechkin 2 years prior to his draft. It's the life of professional scouting, if you don't think they're looking at these kids, you have a lot to learn.

Wisnutsen21

Dec 5, 2006
Columbus
You're really not doing such a great job of representing Columbus fans... don't worry, I won't generalize. But you don't seem to have a mind for the inexact science that is the NHL Draft and hence should not be perusing this thread or for that matter this entire board. Sidney Crosby was dubbed #1 years earlier and they were right to speculate... same goes for Ovechkin 2 years prior to his draft. It's the life of professional scouting, if you don't think they're looking at these kids, you have a lot to learn.

with my original post i was only trying to say that the draft is very unpredictable and to put players in order this early is just pointless a better aproach would be to have people who have actually seen these players report on their play style and success. putting them in order is the wrong thing to do, it provides no information about the players. alot of people who make mock drafts dont know anything about the players they list they just copy a list that a pro scouting service made and call it their own and if its close to correct they brag, and if it is way off than they criticize the gms that made the picks( see hickey, thomas) people think they know more than nhl gms just because they copied the iss pre draft rankings and posted them on hfboards

pouskin74*

with my original post i was only trying to say that the draft is very unpredictable and to put players in order this early is just pointless a better aproach would be to have people who have actually seen these players report on their play style and success. putting them in order is the wrong thing to do, it provides no information about the players. alot of people who make mock drafts dont know anything about the players they list they just copy a list that a pro scouting service made and call it their own and if its close to correct they brag, and if it is way off than they criticize the gms that made the picks( see hickey, thomas) people think they know more than nhl gms just because they copied the iss pre draft rankings and posted them on hfboards

once again!!! 100% agree.

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005

This is a long long way from your first post... if this is what you meant, you probably should have said this.

You should know better than to expect in depth reports this early... if you're looking for things like that 3 years in advance, you came to the wrong place... you yourself said there are no NHL GM's here... they just think they are. My advice to you is to either stay off of the Prospects board if you're gonna freak out over this, and/or subscribe to a scouting magazine and stick your face there.

Wisnutsen21

Dec 5, 2006
Columbus
This is a long long way from your first post... if this is what you meant, you probably should have said this.

You should know better than to expect in depth reports this early... if you're looking for things like that 3 years in advance, you came to the wrong place... you yourself said there are no NHL GM's here... they just think they are. My advice to you is to either stay off of the Prospects board if you're gonna freak out over this, and/or subscribe to a scouting magazine and stick your face there.

i didnt freak out over this, the people that replied to my post did. i looked at this thread because i thought it would provide information, which it didnt. so i expressed my opinion then people quote me and say that i should stay away from hfboards.

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
i didnt freak out over this, the people that replied to my post did. i looked at this thread because i thought it would provide information, which it didnt. so i expressed my opinion then people quote me and say that i should stay away from hfboards.

There's plenty of information provided in this thread, espeically from some people who don't scout for a living, and since its a year ahead of the draft... how about a little appreciation rather than some smart remarks... or at least don't type anything at all, rather than try to make the people feel like they're accomplishing nothing. Now it's time to stop destroying the thread as if it isn't already.

JA87-66-99

May 31, 2007

I think if the Penguins by some miracle get the 1st overall pick 2008 they would take Drew Doughty. Unless John Tavares is available next year. I personally hope the Penguins can get a top 20 pick next season so they can possible get Alex Pieterangelo. I'm not sure if he would be on the board or not but either way there should be a top notch defenseman still available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad