next up; 2008 draft!!

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I know, I know, we just got done with 07', but I am curious to hear some names for the 08' draft. Most of us know the big ones : Stamkos, Hayes, Doughty, Wahl, Wilson, Tuebert, Del Zotto, Piterangelo, McRae, etc... but I want to hear about some lesser known players that most of us might have not seen or heard of.

Kane, JVR, and Turris were nowhere to be found a year ago, but now they went 1-2-3 in this years draft. Give us some info on some lesser known or unheard of kids that you guys think might make a big impact for the 08' draft like the above three have. All countries would be welcomed.

I am especially curious to hear U.S. college eligible players since this years crop was pretty weak. Will 08' be another weak year for U.S colleges? Does the USHL and U.S National developement programs continue to get most of the draft eligible players? Anythoughts would be nice.

I think 2 sleepers for 08' will be A.J Jenks, and Thomas Mcullom. They may not be sleepers, but they will be draft day risers in my eyes.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
I'm curious about the following names,

Defence:
Alex Pietrangelo
Shawn Lalonde
Michael Del Zotto
Zach Bogosian
Luke Schenn

Forwards:
Steven Stamkos
Kyle Beach
Zach Boychuk
Adam Henrique
Joshua Bailey
Tyler Ennis
Jordan Eberle
Jordan Caron

Based on production, it seems like the d-men next year are better, keep in mind I'm only talking about CHL prospects.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

Defence:
Alex Pietrangelo
Shawn Lalonde
Michael Del Zotto
Zach Bogosian
Luke Schenn

Forwards:
Steven Stamkos
Kyle Beach
Zach Boychuk
Adam Henrique
Joshua Bailey
Tyler Ennis
Jordan Eberle
Jordan Caron

Based on production, it seems like the d-men next year are better, keep in mind I'm only talking about CHL prospects.

That is a pretty impressive group of player so far, and thats just the CHL, you can add Mitch Wahl to that list too. 08' should be exciting, but lets hear about more up and comers who arent being mentioned a lot on the boards.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

Defence:
Alex Pietrangelo
Shawn Lalonde
Michael Del Zotto
Zach Bogosian
Luke Schenn

Forwards:
Steven Stamkos
Kyle Beach
Zach Boychuk
Adam Henrique
Joshua Bailey
Tyler Ennis
Jordan Eberle
Jordan Caron

can you comment on this kid?? I heard a lot of good things about Schenn, any comparisions so far?? thanks

Marshy's

Sep 16, 2005
Ottawa
Keep an eye on Drew Doughty I feel he will climb the charts this year. He put up some good numbers last year and I feel he is suited for the new NHL.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
can you comment on this kid?? I heard a lot of good things about Schenn, any comparisions so far?? thanks

Schenn is your Classic defenceman from the WHL. Hes big,tough,makes a great first pass and has good foot speed. He really improved his offensive game this past season and I would be suprised if his numbers get better this season.

Very Comparable to a Scott Stevens or Dion Phaneuf

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
btw I love Kyle Beach. The kid is just nasty to play against. Hes big,loves to hit and mix it up and oh ya he can skate and score. He just needs to add about 30 pounds of muscle and this kid will be a force. It will be interesting to see what kind of off season training he gets involved with cause he could be kinda special next season with more muscle

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
btw I love Kyle Beach. The kid is just nasty to play against. Hes big,loves to hit and mix it up and oh ya he can skate and score. He just needs to add about 30 pounds of muscle and this kid will be a force. It will be interesting to see what kind of off season training he gets involved with cause he could be kinda special next season with more muscle

Agreed... I'm liking Beach a lot too. He needs to take it easy on picking fights though or he's gonna get himself into a whole lot of medical trouble one time.

hab 4ever

Mar 9, 2002
Montréal, Québec
Visit site

Defence:
Alex Pietrangelo
Shawn Lalonde
Michael Del Zotto
Zach Bogosian
Luke Schenn

Forwards:
Steven Stamkos
Kyle Beach
Zach Boychuk
Adam Henrique
Joshua Bailey
Tyler Ennis
Jordan Eberle
Jordan Caron

caron is a late birthday. He will be eligible only in 2009. From the Q, Kevin Poulin, Yann Sauvé, Patrice Cormier, Kelsey Tessier, Philippe Cornet are players to keep an eye on.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
this draft is pretty good, lots of top end talent here, here are guys who will have top two round potential from each league and country:

Quebec:
Patrice Cormier
Yann Sauve
Kelsey Tessier
Kevin Poulin
Chris Doyle
Alexandre Neron
Marc Barberio
Phil Cornet
Joel Champagne
Jordan Southhorn

Ontario:
Steve Stamkos
Drew Doughty
Michael Delzotto
Alex Pietrangelo
Cody Hodgson
Greg Nemisz
Josh Bailey
Mitch Gaulton
AJ Jenks
Phil McRae
Mike Pelech

WHL:
Colton Teubert
Kyle Beach
Luke Schenn
Mitch Wahl
Tyler Schmidt
Zach Boychuk
Tyler Myers
Geordie Wudrick
Joel Broda
Eric Mysterey

USA:
Jimmy Hayes
Colin Wilson
Mike Cichy
Max Strang
Justin Florek
Robbie Czarnik
Michael Clemente
Richard Manley
Ryan Grimshaw
Matt Thurber
Nick Pryor

Europe:
Kirill Petrov
Vladimir Roth
Vyachaslav Voyanov
Nikita Filitov
John Motin
Andre Petterson
Anton Gustafson
Lukas Stoop
Sergei Ostaphuck
Dominic Bohac
Harri Sateri
Mattias Tedenby
Mikhail Stefanovich
Tomas Kubalik
Jan Kana
Maxime Trunoev
Andrei Loktionov
Anton Lazarev

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
this draft is pretty good, lots of top end talent here, here are guys who will have top two round potential from each league and country:

Quebec:
Patrice Cormier
Yann Sauve
Kelsey Tessier
Kevin Poulin
Chris Doyle
Alexandre Neron
Marc Barberio
Phil Cornet
Joel Champagne
Jordan Southhorn

Ontario:
Steve Stamkos
Drew Doughty
Michael Delzotto
Alex Pietrangelo
Cody Hodgson
Greg Nemisz
Josh Bailey
Mitch Gaulton
AJ Jenks
Phil McRae
Mike Pelech

WHL:
Colton Teubert
Kyle Beach
Luke Schenn
Mitch Wahl
Tyler Schmidt
Zach Boychuk
Tyler Myers
Geordie Wudrick
Joel Broda
Eric Mysterey

USA:
Jimmy Hayes
Colin Wilson
Mike Cichy
Max Strang
Justin Florek
Robbie Czarnik
Michael Clemente
Richard Manley
Ryan Grimshaw
Matt Thurber
Nick Pryor

Europe:
Kirill Petrov
Vladimir Roth
Vyachaslav Voyanov
Nikita Filitov
John Motin
Andre Petterson
Anton Gustafson
Lukas Stoop
Sergei Ostaphuck
Dominic Bohac
Harri Sateri
Mattias Tedenby
Mikhail Stefanovich
Tomas Kubalik
Jan Kana
Maxime Trunoev
Andrei Loktionov
Anton Lazarev

Never heard of him.

And I'll say that you forgot a couple of Danes, some Swiss Goalie, German D-man, and a couple of German forwards.;)

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

USA:
Jimmy Hayes
Colin Wilson
Mike Cichy
Max Strang
Justin Florek
Robbie Czarnik
Michael Clemente
Richard Manley
Ryan Grimshaw
Matt Thurber
Nick Pryor

Thanks. That's the only list I need if I want to know who's going to be our first rounder....;)

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
You completely forget Danish prospects Mikkel Bødker and especially top d-man Philip Larsen.

Should be really interesting to see where Bødker will go, considering he was consider to be the better player of him and Eller one year ago. I hope that he stays in Sweden, he could, and should, get some ice time in the SEL.

Larsen is already signed to a pro contract. He was impressive in the Swedish U20 playoffs and was ok in his five SEL games this season.

Oilers07

Jun 11, 2007
What about Lance Bouma who won recently won the Memorial Cup with the Vancouver Giants and was selected as part of the U-18 Team and played on Team Alberta in the CWG.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Should be really interesting to see where Bødker will go, considering he was consider to be the better player of him and Eller one year ago. I hope that he stays in Sweden, he could, and should, get some ice time in the SEL.

Larsen is already signed to a pro contract. He was impressive in the Swedish U20 playoffs and was ok in his five SEL games this season.

I forgot all about Mikkael Bodker...I was doing this list from memory, so I knew I would forget a few names

#1'07=LoganCouture

Dec 24, 2006
scoutman1- are you sure the spellings of your prospects are right? im not questioning them i just want to know since i was going to do something for each of the players for the 08 draft and just want to make sure the names are spelled right.
thanks for sure a great list
j.b.

TheTruth

May 15, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario

Never seen him play live. Is he comparable to Bertuzzi in style of play and potential upside?

A couple names from the "O" off the top of my head: Jamie Arniel and Nathan Moon.

What about late-bloomers totally OFF the radar a la Perron or B. Pouliot, and also players passed over this year that may have a shot of being drafted this year (i.e. Gistedt, Halischuk)?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->