Pre-Game Talk: Next Two Weeks filled with Divisional Opponents

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
From the tone... I would guess that Berra is gone this summer. Either to Europe or traded.

I just don't see how it could happen. He is on too much money to leave or be traded. Only option is a buy out. I'd prefer to put him in the AHL and take the 525k hit for two years.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I just don't see how it could happen. He is on too much money to leave or be traded. Only option is a buy out. I'd prefer to put him in the AHL and take the 525k hit for two years.

Europe is essentially the same as the AHL, except the contract may not count against the cap (last CBA it didn't, who knows about this time) and the Avs wouldn't have to pay his full salary.... plus Berra could play where he wants and not ride the bus in Cleveland.

Traded depends on how he performs the rest of the season... it isn't happening right now.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Europe is essentially the same as the AHL, except the contract may not count against the cap (last CBA it didn't, who knows about this time) and the Avs wouldn't have to pay his full salary.... plus Berra could play where he wants and not ride the bus in Cleveland.

Traded depends on how he performs the rest of the season... it isn't happening right now.

i haven't found it clearly stated on this CBA but i think they closed that 'marty turco' loophole.

devils could've gotten away easier that way from kovy deal.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
i haven't found it clearly stated on this CBA but i think they closed that 'marty turco' loophole.

devils could've gotten away easier that way from kovy deal.

It seems that it would be the same as a buried contracts... minimum + 375k comes off the books, but it doesn't seem clear.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
Woah woah woah Miss lippy didn't know we had a game tonight, can erase the memory of last nights loss with a win tonight. :yo:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Cliche is the only one expected back next game? So he goes into the lineup and the core player is back on D?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Looking at some of the stats trying to put the finger on what the problem is this last month.

In the last 14 games (starting from the Philadelphia/New York road trip).

• Avs have allowed the first goal twelve out of fourteen games
  • Avs have scored a PP goal three games out of fourteen while opponents have scored a PP goal six games
  • Avs have scored four PP goals on 39 PP opportunities for a 10.3% PP success rate
  • Avs opponents have scored 10 PP goals on 46 PP opportunities for a 21.7% PP success rate
  • Avs have used Nick Holden fourteen games out of fourteen

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Rick Sadowski @RickS7
#Avs lines tonight: Tanguay-Duchene-Iginla, Landeskog-MacKinnon-O'Reilly, McLeod-Talbot-Briere, Everberg-Cliche-Rendulic

Easing Everberg in after his injury or getting ready to send him on his way once Bordeleau is back? Either way, looks like McLeod might be getting some solid minutes tonight. That's always fun to watch.

No surprise about the top six. Any time Roy juggles the lines during the game and they have some good shifts, he'll use those lines in the next game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad