Pre-Game Talk: Next Two Weeks filled with Divisional Opponents

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Rick Sadowski @RickS7
#Avs lines tonight: Tanguay-Duchene-Iginla, Landeskog-MacKinnon-O'Reilly, McLeod-Talbot-Briere, Everberg-Cliche-Rendulic

Easing Everberg in after his injury or getting ready to send him on his way once Bordeleau is back? Either way, looks like McLeod might be getting some solid minutes tonight. That's always fun to watch.

No surprise about the top six. Any time Roy juggles the lines during the game and they have some good shifts, he'll use those lines in the next game.
Everberg ended the game with Talbot and Briere. I wouldn't be surprised to see a switch.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
If Stastny gets booed Ill be pissed.

Guy was a team leader for years on this team, big part of our success last year, and a genuinely nice guy. My favorite Avs player over the last few years.

He really hasn't done anything to deserve being booed. Didn't force a trade or down talk the Avs, he simply signed where he grew up too rather then here.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I don't think he gets booed, maybe if he scores but otherwise he didn't leave behind a bad taste, I don't see why they'd boo him.

Assuming the injured are back next week like Roy says and also assuming no miracle recoveries happen like Winchester or new injuries, I think we are settling back to a roster with one extra forward and D. Without Varly on IR then that's the 3 "extra" roster players. So I think Everberg is here to stay because otherwise there are no extra forwards plus they are back to carrying only 7 on D. If they want 8 D then someone has to essentially "make the team" from Lake Erie at this point. Or they are going to carry Pickard for quite a while.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I don't think he gets booed, maybe if he scores but otherwise he didn't leave behind a bad taste, I don't see why they'd boo him.

Assuming the injured are back next week like Roy says and also assuming no miracle recoveries happen like Winchester or new injuries, I think we are settling back to a roster with one extra forward and D. Without Varly on IR then that's the 3 "extra" roster players. So I think Everberg is here to stay because otherwise there are no extra forwards plus they are back to carrying only 7 on D. If they want 8 D then someone has to essentially "make the team" from Lake Erie at this point. Or they are going to carry Pickard for quite a while.

People sitting in the pepsi centre aren't going to know the finer details, Player A leaves team on his own accord, he's public enemy #1 to most fans I'm sure

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
No, probably not worth $7 mil, but it's not about player worth, it's about the market, and Stastny lucked out by having a career year in an extraordinarily weak market. If guys like Marleau not been locked up (and in hindsight, why the hell were they?) then it would've been a completely different scenario.

And St. Louis didn't give a lot of term, so they had to give big on the AAV. Those are, IMO, much smarter deals than the other way around.

I just hope St. Louis doesn't fall into the same rhetoric of "Oh, he's good, but not $7 million good" even when he's playing well. That was far and away Dater's most annoying refrain.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
If Lehtera didn't show up, Stastny would probably look like he was worth 7 million. Playing with Lindstrom and Berglund would make the best of players seem less than they are.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Nope, I don't think for a minute the Avs should've ponied up that kind of cash for him. And not because I don't think he's worth it, again, it's not about that when a player signs for a big or small deal, it's what the market determines. The clock was ticking on Stastny the minute Nathan MacKinnon was drafted. If they had chosen instead to draft Seth Jones, highly unlikely the Avs let him walk.

I also don't blame Paulie one bit for signing that deal.

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Got to say that if S E P H knew this he's the best troll ever. Or then he jinxed this.

So the options were:
12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5 and 0-3. Correct answer? 4. What did you vote? You got it wrong.

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Looking at some of the stats trying to put the finger on what the problem is this last month.

In the last 14 games (starting from the Philadelphia/New York road trip).

• Avs have allowed the first goal twelve out of fourteen games
  • Avs have scored a PP goal three games out of fourteen while opponents have scored a PP goal six games
  • Avs have scored four PP goals on 39 PP opportunities for a 10.3% PP success rate
  • Avs opponents have scored 10 PP goals on 46 PP opportunities for a 21.7% PP success rate
  • Avs have used Nick Holden fourteen games out of fourteen

Also, the last 2-0 (or regulation) win over a team currently above the playoff-line was Oct 30th against NYI and if counting only Western teams, then Oct 24th.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Trust me JF, this was no trolling from me! :laugh:

I decided to put the poll as it was because I knew anything from 4 points and under would be very bad for our playoff chances at the time two weeks ago. I also wanted to minimize the number of poll options to get greater variation amongst the numbers.

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Trust me JF, this was no trolling from me! :laugh:

I decided to put the poll as it was because I knew anything from 4 points and under would be very bad for our playoff chances at the time two weeks ago. I also wanted to minimize the number of poll options to get greater variation amongst the numbers.

I know, it was completely unintentional, but man that was the best jinx ever :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad