Boston Bruins Next two games postponed - NO Covid Debate Allowed.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Please tell me all games will be made up at some point int time?
I'm starting to think they'll shorten the season. Otherwise they're going to end up with several teams playing three or four nights in a row. There's already one team scheduled to do that. Bruins would have to do it in order to make up these two, and that's if they only have two to reschedule and not more.

It's getting kinda ridiculous.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Please tell me all games will be made up at some point int time?

All games that have been missed so far by any teams have been rescheduled(though i dont think the Bruins newest two have, most likely will be once there cleared to play again). But some teams are already scheduled to play more than every other day the rest of the way. Its a real possibility that some games wont be made up, and playoffs are determined by points percentage.

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The regular season will NOT be extended past May 15th - that is cut in stone

So if the Bruins play their "final game" on Saturday May 8th vs. the Rangers, they would have basically a week to make up any games that aren't rescheduled within the existing timeframe (now until May 8th). So realistically the most number of games they could push pass the current regular season final date is maybe 4, but most likely just 3.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
So if the Bruins play their "final game" on Saturday May 8th vs. the Rangers, they would have basically a week to make up any games that aren't rescheduled within the existing timeframe (now until May 8th). So realistically the most number of games they could push pass the current regular season final date is maybe 4, but most likely just 3.

Pretty much

NBC would prefer the Cup to be hoisted around July 15th as they prepare for the Olympics which start on the 23rd.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Where is it "cut in stone" that the regular season must end by May 15? Just curious cause I can't find a source quickly.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
I believe this is related to television contracts and specifically the constraints placed on NBC regarding the Olympics.

If it's only the Olympics that's driving it, that's really dumb. Hockey is a winter sport that's not part of the Tokyo games. The Olympics were on half a dozen different channels last time -- with so much "filler" content that they were nearly unwatchable. Put the playoffs on one of them and if the SCF runs into the Olympics itself, hold them after the the Olympics are over.

Reactions: BMC

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
If it's only the Olympics that's driving it, that's really dumb. Hockey is a winter sport that's not part of the Tokyo games. The Olympics were on half a dozen different channels last time -- with so much "filler" content that they were nearly unwatchable. Put the playoffs on one of them and if the SCF runs into the Olympics itself, hold them after the the Olympics are over.
uh, USA isn't available, BF37, nor is Oxygen, nor is any other NBC Universal outlet going to be available and it'll be worse going forward once NBCSN ceases as an option after 2021.

all NBC Universal properties, whether it's your local NBC Affiliate, or not, that traditional programming ceases for those two weeks... nor is CNBC/MSNBC.... In fact other contracts that NBC Universal has a contract with will be idle for those two weeks in Tokyo.... no NASCAR/Indy/IMSA because there's no where to put it

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
If our next game is on the 25th, season ends on the 9th of May as scheduled....28 games in 46 days. To play a 3rd of a regular season in under 7 weeks. 4 games a week, about.
Hmmm.
Hey, how about if Buffalo forfeits the rest of their season?
Hmmmmmm. ;)

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Here is the info I’ve seen tweeted regarding what Sweeney said

- guys who tested positive in Buffalo had car services drive them home
- rest of players who tested negative on Saturday flew back together and have self isolated
- practicing Wednesday and playing Thursday wil depend on test results. (My guess. If no more players test positive they game Thursday is a go. If it’s spread further than the 5 it’s gonna be a problem)
- they’ll play even if original 5 are still out.
- if game is on Thursday. Fans will be in the stands
- practice facility has been open to players who were injured and didn’t travel. Only specific player mentioned was Carlo who is skating

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
What a crazy season this has been. Makes the trade deadline interesting to see which way it goes knowing that a few of positive tests can send a line out of the playoffs for a game or 2. People do nothing, or do they stock up instead?

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
I get that, understand completely. Hope whatever you've got going on settles down and doesn't wreak too much havoc on your life.
Thank you I appreciate that, I had a minor procedure to remove some cancer from my colon yesterday. Internal bleeding can still be an issue during the healing process due to a previous health issue.
Meanwhile in the middle of dealing with this, our late model Honda was victimized for it's catalytic converter a few days ago. That's the way things have gone the last yr and half, things have to get better sometime soon. Hopefully!

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Thank you I appreciate that, I had a minor procedure to remove some cancer from my colon yesterday. Internal bleeding can still be an issue during the healing process due to a previous health issue.
Meanwhile in the middle of dealing with this, our late model Honda was victimized for it's catalytic converter a few days ago. That's the way things have gone the last yr and half, things have to get better sometime soon. Hopefully!
, Urf, so sorry to hear. We also have the catalytic converter theft problem here in Portland. The increase in crime and nonstop protests/riots are what has gotten us to leave and go to Sandy.

Reactions: BMC

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Best wishes for good health.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad